Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I messed up 3a and got a different dy/dx then used that to get part b, will I get any error carried forward marks?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it would be worthwhile retaking c3 to get an A* next year when I'm at uni....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NobodyCares)
    Does anybody remember the exact vectors used for calculating cos(theta) I got 1/5 not 4/5 and want to see what i did wrong
    Other than that I think I got full marks
    sorry i not sure and dude don't cry about losing a couple of marks - hardly anyone will get 75/75 cause its just human nature to make silly mistakes. I'm similar to you in that I think i lost 4 marks through silly mistakes so don't worry about it honestly

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone are there worked solutions to the last question? I think I got the right answer but I can't quite remember

ReputationRep:
    for question 7, I think I did 544pi - 205pi??? which gave me 339pi. this is pretty close to 1696/5. I don't really know where I went wrong

ReputationRep:
    For the last question where you had to work out the coordinates of E, I got the answer wrong, but I managed to get + or - 2/5. Will I get any marks for this do you think, and if yes, how many?

ReputationRep:
    Who remembers what question 6 is????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arrow_h)
    For 4a I wrote: x=sqrt(3600-5t) ????
    Same how many marks for 4a?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naveed121)
    For the last question where you had to work out the coordinates of E, I got the answer wrong, but I managed to get + or - 2/5. Will I get any marks for this do you think, and if yes, how many?
    Probably 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Do you think it would be worthwhile retaking c3 to get an A* next year when I'm at uni....
    No it isn't, a levels are used to get you into uni so there's no point retaking if you get the grades required

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattematics)
    Pretty sure every answer is now correct. Enjoy

Question 1:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question 2:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question 3:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Question 4:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Question 5:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Question 6:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Question 7:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Question 8:
    Spoiler:
    Show

cos(theta) was 4/5. Left it out by mistake.
    Agreed on all counts

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hineshtailor)
    No it isn't, a levels are used to get you into uni so there's no point retaking if you get the grades required
    but jobs and stuff will look at A-levels ?

ReputationRep:
    pleeeeaaaassseeee marks for question 6????!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    but jobs and stuff will look at A-levels ?
    not if you have a higher level result like a degree..or at least it wont be as important

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will i loose for 7c the volume question i found 1024pi/5 but i didn't substract it from 544pi

ReputationRep:
    Predicted boundaries for this paper:

100ums - 75
    90ums - 72
    80ums - 69
    70ums - 66

Etc..

This was the easiest C4 paper for many many years, so expect sky high grade boundaries. And yes they CAN be that high, as was the case for the January 2011 C4 paper, which had the exact same boundaries as above.😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waffles15)
    distance AP
    I just wrote that AP was 2root2 but didn't write that k = 2 at the end, will I lose marks for this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waffles15)
    not if you have a higher level result like a degree..or at least it wont be as important
    hmm i guess i am just the sort of person who likes to try again - in gcse film studies i got an A and retook it to get an A* even though nobody would care about it lol but i just like the satisfaction gained from improving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babiiii)
    How many marks will i loose for 7c the volume question i found 1024pi/5 but i didn't substract it from 544pi
    1 mark

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.