Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

*waiting patiently*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I'm sad l don't have unlimited data.

That aside, can't wait! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Ugh I'm saddl I don't have unlimited data.

The game Dosent use that much data. I am on giff gaff and only bought 1 gig of data and I've not even used 200mb yet and I've played quite a few hours over the last few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    The game Dosent use that much data. I am on giff gaff and only bought 1 gig of data and I've not even used 200mb yet and I've played quite a few hours over the last few days
    :shock: Thanks for letting me know, this has made me happy loool

ReputationRep:
    wtf why is one every choosing team yellow -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I'm not entirely sure what that bar represents but I think it's how close to the next combat point. * *.
    *The bar is how high you can raise their CP. Once it's full, the Pokemon is as strong as they can get, unless you can evolve them further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    *The bar is how high you can raise their CP. Once it's full, the Pokemon is as strong as they can get, unless you can evolve them further.
    Question is, is that maximum the same for different pokemon? Both in terms of, say, Pidgeot vs Raticate, and in terms of one pidgeot vs another pidgeot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Question is, is that maximum the same for different pokemon? Both in terms of, say, Pidgeot vs Raticate, and in terms of one pidgeot vs another pidgeot...
    I've seen speculation that's it's linked to things like the weight of the Pokemon, but don't know whether anyone's actually checked this yet.

ReputationRep:
    should I power up a pokemon or save the candies for it to evolve & then power up?

Like how the hell am I going to catch duplicate charmanders if they are "special" to catch? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Ugh I'm sad l don't have unlimited data.

I've used 25mb data over the course of 2 days going outside omw shopping and back etc. It barely uses data ... though do note it uses gps/camera etc ....
    just make sure u have full battery b4 heading out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    I've seen speculation that's it's linked to things like the weight of the Pokemon, but don't know whether anyone's actually checked this yet.
    I realised that as someone with 9 raticates and 4 pidgeots I am ideally positioned to answer this question.

There does not seem to be any variation based on weight or any other factors. Lower CPs will always be proportionately lower in position around that semi-circle. I theorise that the max is always the same for the same pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen something that says it doesn't work on iPods. I really hope that's not true!

I'm fine with having to be connected to WiFi/hotspot to play, but apparently on iPods it can't get a GPS signal so is unplayable 😩😭

ReputationRep:
    Just a question about pokemon GO!:

Are there all generations, so from the first to seventh the one, included in this game or are the generations limited? in other words: is it possible to catch them all or just certain pokemons of certain generations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Just a question about pokemon GO!:

Are there all generations, so from the first to seventh the one, included in this game or are the generations limited? in other words: is it possible to catch them all or just certain pokemons of certain generations?
    Original 151 pokemon :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernerdural)
    I've seen something that says it doesn't work on iPods. I really hope that's not true!

I'm fine with having to be connected to WiFi/hotspot to play, but apparently on iPods it can't get a GPS signal so is unplayable 😩😭
    You'll need a GPS to play as is needs to know your location on the map to work :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Original 151 pokemon :yep:
    I see. Nice! the best generation by far (although the second one was good too), good choice!

So when the alpha version for this game is released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I see. Nice! the best generation by far (although the second one was good too), good choice!

So when the alpha version for this game is released?
    It's already out in the US and Aus/NZ but the UK release date has been delayed because of server issues. Should be hitting the UK in the next few days or so

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone getting such high cp do you just evolve all your Pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got this today, turns out TSR Towers is right next to a gym. No idea what I'm doing yet though…

ReputationRep:
    When you realise you don't even have to leave your desk to access a pokestop and gym :smug:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.