University applicants 2017 thread!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    Not all degrees are 3 years-many bachelors degrees are 4 years, including languages and some STEM courses (important years in industries and years abroad)
    Or 5 years for a MEng/MSci/etc with year abroad/industry.

And/or add a year for a Foundation to start.

Lots of options...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i received emails from both swansea and portsmouth on the 20 sept, saying they would send me offers within 9 & 10 working days respectively. it's been quite a bit longer. should i be worried?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be too worried yet. I got a confirmation on the 15th from Loughborough and haven't heard yet. I was cruelly teased earlier by UCAS as I got an 'update' email, but it was just that the campus code had changed

ReputationRep:
    Ayyyyy I'm planning to apply to University of Bristol too!
    Universities:
    King's (the gold standard for me ahahah)
    University of Bristol
    Durham
    GCSE grades were A*AAAAAAABC
    A-levels subjects I'm taking now are History, Geography and Economics.
    Haven't got any predicted grades or anything.
    Hope my application in 2017 goes well! And everyone's too!

ReputationRep:
    Name: SNK0

Where: Kings, Holloway, Queens, City or Goldsmith. Insurance choices; Westminster or Brunel

BTEC subjects/grades 1st year: IT practitioners with D*D*

BTEC + AS subject/grade: IT practitioners with D*D*D* + EPQ with A*

Offers: None so far.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so desperate to get my application sent off already! I paid and sent a week on Monday ago but my school still hasn't added my reference and sent it to UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notonlyme)
    I'm so desperate to get my application sent off already! I paid and sent a week on Monday ago but my school still hasn't added my reference and sent it to UCAS!
    In a similar boat! I'm annoying my teachers about improving my reference PLUS I thought I finished my PS but the doctors from my work experience emailed saying they have stuff to suggest WITHOUT SENDING THE SUGGESTIONS so now I'm freaking out in case I can't send it off by mid next week like my form tutor wants me too AFAIUFHAEHEGHIGHSIUGHSGNSOGSOETE OTNE this is a hard time

ReputationRep:
    College sent my application off today! I am live in track! I can stop stressing now, as I also sat my admissions test today

ReputationRep:
    I think mine is ready to send off (probably need to go through my references with my referee) but I won't do so until Monday

I'm visiting one of my choices (QMUL) on Saturday, so I don't want to send it off then realise I don't like it or something, and if I really like London, I may change Newcastle to Kings, but probably not :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    College sent my application off today! I am live in track! I can stop stressing now, as I also sat my admissions test today
    What did you apply for? Keep us updated on the offers that you get back and probably we can make a firmers page on your conditional firm choice

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to All the Peple putiing in Medicine, Oxford, Cambridge and Vetinary science Aplications hope you all get your place and become the great doctors , vets and intelectuals that marvoluous universities like Cambridge and Oxfoerd Produce. I will be putting in my application on the 17th of October (Not any of the curses named above) t either do History or History and Geography. Hope everyone gets there disired University and their grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    What did you apply for? Keep us updated on the offers that you get back and probably we can make a firmers page on your conditional firm choice
    I've applied for Law at Oxford and Durham. My other 3 choices will be going on at a more leisurely pace (I have until January 15th), but the universities will be Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds - I just need to decide if I'm doing straight law, law with a year abroad or law with french law for the latter two of these.

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Coventry for intl relations and french, conditional on sending a copy of my passport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cami.w)
    Just received an offer from Coventry for intl relations and french, conditional on sending a copy of my passport!
    That is wonderful--congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeMuttitt)
    Have you checked UCAS track? You should get a notification on there saying the university has received your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi , im applying to study law (llb) at glasgow edinburgh strathclyde and aberdeen, i sat Higher math higher english higher history higher human biology and higher chemistry and got AAAAB in my highers respectively, this year im sittin advanced english advanced history and crashing modern and business both higher! What is my likelihood of getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I need help, do you think I should apply to University of Manchester for Civil Engineering BEng?
    I go ACC at AS and am predicted A*AB
    Do you think I will get an offer or is Manchester too strict?

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from swansea today, soooo thrilled, probably my top choice

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!! So excited to finally be applying to uni!!
    Course: Psychology & Education
    Universities: Durham, Southampton, York, Bristol and De Montfort (for insurance)
    GCSE grades: Not that great due to personal issues but 4 A's, 5 B's and a C
    AS grades (predicted/achieved): A's in Psychology and Geography, B's in English Language and Government and Politics (dropped) and C in General Studies (also dropped)
    A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A* Psychology, A's in Geography and English Language

ReputationRep:
    Course: Natural Sciences/ Chemistry (with French)
    Universities: Cambridge/ ICL/ St Andrews/ UCL/ KCL
    GCSE grades (N5): 8 A1s
    AS grades (Higher) (achieved): 3A1s, 2A2s
    A2 grades (Advanced Higher) (predicted): 4A1s
    Extra curricular: Tutoring, classroom assistant, running

UCAS submitted 29/9, no replies as of yet.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Isabelle
    Course: Media, Communications and Culture (or its variants), with one with History
    Where? Keele x2, Lancaster, Leicester and UEA
    AS grades+Subjects: Drama, Sociology, Psychology and History, with D D E C overall
    A2 Predicted/Achieved: Drama - not sure, Sociology - not sure, History - not sure
    Offers? Not sent my application off yet

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.