The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    This is me!! I think getting uni offers will be somewhat interesting....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got AAB at AS and i really don't know whether my business teacher will give me an A* prediction, like I'm top of the year in this subject, but i did poor on unit 1 but got practically full marks on unit 2. I just hope he looks beyond my exam performance and looks at the straight 100% I achieved all year . What grade predictions are you needing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    I got AAB at AS and i really don't know whether my business teacher will give me an A* prediction, like I'm top of the year in this subject, but i did poor on unit 1 but got practically full marks on unit 2. I just hope he looks beyond my exam performance and looks at the straight 100% I achieved all year . What grade predictions are you needing?
    I really need either Bs or Cs, but god knows what will happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    If anyone can do it, you can

Ooh, good luck for your UKCAT!
    I think seeing everyone will be one of the highlights
    True that, I wish I went to a school in which everyone lives locally, only seen like 5 friends this summer as they are the only ones who live in like a 5-10 mile radius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I'm starting tomorrow bright and early with a meeting with my head of sixth form about which subject I'm actually dropping and how annoyed my family is about them messing me around with what I can and can't drop...

Should be fun!
    Good luck , what subject are you wanting to drop?

ReputationRep:
    I really need either Bs or Cs, but god knows what will happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't even spoke to my teachers since results day, and i think they have already predicted them

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe i start year 13 on thursday :eek:, absolutely dreading finding out my grade predictions
    This is me!! I think getting uni offers will be somewhat interesting....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too, need A*A*AA at least... hopefully better but my teachers are so strict about predictions doubt they would budge if they have already predicted me an A And going to try and see uni applications as a fun journey, a new start etc maybe if I say it enough the stress will go away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    Me too, need A*A*AA at least... hopefully better but my teachers are so strict about predictions doubt they would budge if they have already predicted me an A And going to try and see uni applications as a fun journey, a new start etc maybe if I say it enough the stress will go away
    It's exciting, because you know that wherever you go will be your home for 3/4 years, and new opportunities will pop up from that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want high predicted grades because it really motivates me, but i think I'm going to be predicted AAA (Don't get me wrong they're good predictions), but I'm applying to do law and this is basically the bare minimum entry requirements.

But I'm really excited where ever i go, i can't wait for the freedom

ReputationRep:
    It's exciting, because you know that wherever you go will be your home for 3/4 years, and new opportunities will pop up from that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    5/6 years for me lol and it would be exciting if it was not for the fact that 67% of all medicine applicants get four rejections, ahhh

ReputationRep:
    I want high predicted grades because it really motivates me, but i think I'm going to be predicted AAA (Don't get me wrong they're good predictions), but I'm applying to do law and this is basically the bare minimum entry requirements.

But I'm really excited where ever i go, i can't wait for the freedom
    Me too, though I will die if I cannot get an en suite haha accomodation is everything. They are good! As long as they meet the requirements for the course you want to apply for at the unis you like its all good

ReputationRep:
    5/6 years for me lol and it would be exciting if it was not for the fact that 67% of all medicine applicants get four rejections, ahhh
    What!!!! I really hope that you don't get rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What!!!! I really hope that you don't get rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IKR it is mad and some unis are even worse (I think bristol had like 1 acceptance for every 17 applications last year). I hope not either, need all the hope I can get Though If I do not get in first time, decided I will take a gap year (if I get good A2 results) do loads of work experience, make the perfect PS etc and try again. If I am rejected AGAIN then I think the medicine dream is over and I will just take my 5th choice

ReputationRep:
    IKR it is mad and some unis are even worse (I think bristol had like 1 acceptance for every 17 applications last year). I hope not either, need all the hope I can get Though If I do not get in first time, decided I will take a gap year (if I get good A2 results) do loads of work experience, make the perfect PS etc and try again. If I am rejected AGAIN then I think the medicine dream is over and I will just take my 5th choice
    That sounds like a good plan I hope that dream comes true for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a good plan I hope that dream comes true for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Hope you get into the course you want too!

ReputationRep:
    I just charm them with some banter
    Wish I could do this but I'm not even funny :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck , what subject are you wanting to drop?
    Ah thanks! I did want to drop Chinese because it's my worst grade but they said it has to be either English or RS (I decided to drop RS) because they don't work together on the timetable... As you can imagine I'm quite annoyed since I'm not sure if I can do well enough in Chinese but that's the way it is!

ReputationRep:
    Really not looking forward to going back tomorrow
    Something tells me that I won't be keeping my empty Thursday's (aka the only day I could actually sit and do work without the interruption of lessons or people).

I'm going to go to my head of sixth tomorrow and see if she'll let me drop my EPQ. I've tried writing it but it's just going nowhere - I've made the effort at least and can provide my essay if she questions my reasoning (honestly this essay is worse than my classics exam).

Not to mention this is going to be an awful term of sorting out UCAS/Personal Statements - my tutor has me down as BCC on predictions yet on my report I'm predicted ABB so I'm going to have to talk to her about changing that BCC to the ABB, plus my classics teacher has me predicted as a B and my law teacher has me predicted at as an A/A* (sorting that this week hopefully).

Ah, the stress is kicking in all ready

ReputationRep:
    I started two weeks ago!! Hey guys, I think I'll join in this thread if that's okay.

Anyone doing any of these subjects?

English Language
    English Literature
    History

(also doing an EPQ!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Wish I could do this but I'm not even funny :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahahahah , it's took years for me to become even mildly funny , my teacher starts it, so i just dish it back out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I started two weeks ago!! Hey guys, I think I'll join in this thread if that's okay.

Anyone doing any of these subjects?

English Language
    English Literature
    History

(also doing an EPQ!)
    Welcome to this thread! I'm doing Lang and lit combined if that helps, and I'm doing an EPQ too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.