Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Nisha's successful alevel Journey ! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Which bio question did you find difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck, I'm sure you'll ace it X
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hodobikar)
    good luck, I'm sure you'll ace it X
    Thank you ! I did the test today it was good except from the last question. To get an A you had to get 11 wrong !! I don't know if i can get an A but I guess we'll have to see 😊 Are you doing your alevel ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Thank you ! I did the test today it was good except from the last question. To get an A you had to get 11 wrong !! I don't know if i can get an A but I guess we'll have to see 😊 Are you doing your alevel ?
    ahhh so good to hear. And YES, It's my second year. I'm taking English Literature, English Language, Law, and Politics. what are you taking?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    ahhh so good to hear. And YES, It's my second year. I'm taking English Literature, English Language, Law, and Politics. what are you taking?
    Ah ok how are they ? I'm taking biology,chemistry,maths and economics but i'm dropping economics at the end of year 12
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 11/11/16

So today I've got a day off from school Yayy !! I haven't done much but so far I've made a poster / condensed my notes on quantitative chemistry ( calculations ) as well as that I've updated my Colour coded chart which is basically the topics that we've done at school and it's colour coded into how i find them e.g green for i understand etc... (if that makes any sense).I also did a mindmap/poster/condensed my notes for enzymes but only the first few subunits.

That's it from me ! X
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Thanks That's good Ah ok and we've finished it and i think it's ok and i've also done a test on it Which part do you find confusing ?
    It was a whole page on Hemicellulose which I didn't revise or get taught in detail Wbu?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Your blog is great! I wouldn't do medicine if it was me lol, it's just soooo competitive right now! And I can't do like 3 hard subjects at A-Level, I've chosen like 2 soft ones and 2 hard ones, makes my life easier

ReputationRep:
    I take English Literature, Media and Politics. I'm also in my second year--- I am also participating in Grow your Grades ( I'm actually a new TSR member ) please feel free to check out my thread as my revision resources are mostly English Lit and Politics and hopefully they will be of some use to you

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4400420
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    It was a whole page on Hemicellulose which I didn't revise or get taught in detail Wbu?
    Ah ok i have no clue what that is I don't think i found anything confusing i guess i just need to work more on data questions because apparently im repeating myself

(Original post by MrMackyTv)
    Your blog is great! I wouldn't do medicine if it was me lol, it's just soooo competitive right now! And I can't do like 3 hard subjects at A-Level, I've chosen like 2 soft ones and 2 hard ones, makes my life easier
    Haha Ikr !! What alevels have you chosen ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophwintsxoxo)
    I take English Literature, Media and Politics. I'm also in my second year--- I am also participating in Grow your Grades ( I'm actually a new TSR member ) please feel free to check out my thread as my revision resources are mostly English Lit and Politics and hopefully they will be of some use to you

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4400420
    Oh ok I will deffo check your thread out Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok I will deffo check your thread out Good luck x
    Thank you and you too x
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Haha Ikr !! What alevels have you chosen ?
    I'm gonna take Maths, Politics, Economics and History. What's not nice about these choices (despite liking all of them) is that 3 of them are essay subjects. So a lot of time will need to be put in for them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna take Maths, Politics, Economics and History. What's not nice about these choices (despite liking all of them) is that 3 of them are essay subjects. So a lot of time will need to be put in for them.

Nice 👍 What do you want to be in terms of career ?

ReputationRep:
    :banana2::banana::bban:NISHA'S SUCCESSFUL ALEVEL JOURNEY :banana2::banana::bban:

Hello pals and welcome to my successful alevel journey

The 4 subjects that i have chosen are :
    Biology - OCR ------ At gcse i got a B
    Chemistry - OCR ----- At gcse i got an A
    Maths - Edexcel ----- At gcse i got an A*
    Economics - Edexcel ----- I had to get a B in Maths in order to do this subjects but I got an A*

I have decided to update at least every week and I want to revise before hand not like at GCSE where some subjects were last minute e.g ( a month before) I didn't get the best gcse results but i was happy that i got into the sixth form that i wanted to but for my a-levels i'm going to work hard and smart so i can succeed. I'm not going to let this demotivate at all because that's ridiculous lol . Don't get me wrong i was very happy with certain grades for certain subjects but i could have done better
    I want to study Medicine at Uni after A-level and hopefully get into a very good uni and become a doctor or somewhere along those lines

How I revise :
    1. Making mindmaps
    2. Explaining it to myself or someone else without looking at my notes
    3. Practicing past paper questions
    4. Writing out my notes neatly and colourful.

It would be amazing if you guys follow me with my thread and thank you very much to these people for helping me out with my GCSE journey starstudent7 surina16 brainzistheword NiamhM1801 mypetpikachu ?Hannah niv1234 MezmorisedPotato lilacpotato SophFlorence

I'll be happy to take anyone's advice and i will be happy to help you all out

GCSE THREAD :
    Good luck!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nice 👍 What do you want to be in terms of career ?
    I'm looking at courses like PPE at university. Quite interested in doing a job in either politics or economics. You have probably already guessed from my profile that I'm quite interested in politics!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at courses like PPE at university. Quite interested in doing a job in either politics or economics. You have probably already guessed from my profile that I'm quite interested in politics!
    Ha I see haha yep that's very true !

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok how are they ? I'm taking biology,chemistry,maths and economics but i'm dropping economics at the end of year 12
    Cosiderably good ah good luck with all of them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cosiderably good ah good luck with all of them
    Thank you and you too 😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Update 14/11/16

Hi guys so today has been an alright day.

I had chemistry and economics today and in chemistry we got our test back and i didn't do as well as I thought I did which was disappointing. The main mistake is that I keep doubting myself so then I change the answers but they were right in the first place if that makes any sense. 😂 So i really need to stop doing that and I need to read the question more carefully !! In economics we were just going through GDP and in my free periods I've been doing mindmaps for the first 5 topics in economics.

At home I did my economics hw,maths hw - so many questions it took 5 A4 papers !! As well as that I finished my mindmap on Enzymes. Also read ahead for my biology lesson tomorrow.

Well that's about it so Adios amigos 😃

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 21, 2017
Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.