The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2017!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to Slaughter's winter workshop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giggy12s)
    Hey! Did you get a confirmation email when you submitted your application and was the test link sent to you straight away? I submitted 3 days ago and no email to do the test. Thanks.
    Hi yeah I got a confirmation email pretty soon after sending it and then had to wait all of yesterday, receiving my invitation to do the VRT at 10:50 today

ReputationRep:
    Well, got the JD interview. Seriously dreading it.

I've also asked them if I could be transferred to a later scheme (I know this is not a good thing to do), so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Well, got the JD interview. Seriously dreading it.

I've also asked them if I could be transferred to a later scheme (I know this is not a good thing to do), so yeah.
    Well done! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by traineewannabe)
    Well done! When did you apply?
    Thank you

Sent my app on the 23rd of Sep (and received the reference email on the 2nd of Oct).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grisham)
    Anyone applied to Slaughter's winter workshop?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I applied to this a couple of days ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin717)
    Yes, I applied to this a couple of days ago
    You heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grisham)
    You heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No but from what I've read in previous posts I think it can take a while

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get a vacation scheme in the summer but unfortunately didn't get offered a training contract. This is now my third time applying and I'm feeling really disheartened and losing hope very quickly. Is there anyone that can lend some advice who was in the same position? Trying to keep my head up but tbh it's making me pretty unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexbev)
    Hey congrats on your interview! I got an email about an interview yesterday too!! 😊

I did manage to book a slot but there were only 3 left I think, so they may have been taken. I don't know how the system works but maybe they will add some more slots of these have been filled? Or, as you mentioned, it may be worth giving grad recruitment a ring. *
    Hey was this a vacation scheme for winter or summer? Also when did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have all of you already started applying for summer vacation schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

Just wondering what the word limit is for the white & case vac scheme form- can't see any word limits for the questions! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahUniversity)
    I managed to get a vacation scheme in the summer but unfortunately didn't get offered a training contract. This is now my third time applying and I'm feeling really disheartened and losing hope very quickly. Is there anyone that can lend some advice who was in the same position? Trying to keep my head up but tbh it's making me pretty unhappy.
    I'm in a similar position, got a vac scheme this easter but wasn't offered a TC, lost count of what year of applications I'm on - 4 years I think. We will get there! I feel like I've gotten closer each year so who knows, hopefully this year will be our year!

ReputationRep:
    If a firm has a late Jan/early Feb deadline and I'll be getting my January exam grades before these deadlines, should I wait until I get my grades to apply or should I apply earlier? I know some firms prefer earlier applicants, but due to my module choices I'm confident that my grades in January will be better than my previous grades, making my overall application more impressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeminineEminem)
    If a firm has a late Jan/early Feb deadline and I'll be getting my January exam grades before these deadlines, should I wait until I get my grades to apply or should I apply earlier? I know some firms prefer earlier applicants, but due to my module choices I'm confident that my grades in January will be better than my previous grades, making my overall application more impressive.
    What are your previous grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    What are your previous grades like?
    Mostly 2:1s, except a 47 in Land Law (which is just tragic) brings my average down to 58/59%. That's the main reason I want to wait until after January as I feel confident it will bring me up to a 2:1 overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeminineEminem)
    Mostly 2:1s, except a 47 in Land Law (which is just tragic) brings my average down to 58/59%. That's the main reason I want to wait until after January as I feel confident it will bring me up to a 2:1 overall.
    I think if the firm states they don't do rolling recruitment then apply once you have your results. But if they do state rolling recruitment, it's probably worthwhile applying earlier unless any of the firms are known to be more academically focused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    I think if the firm states they don't do rolling recruitment then apply once you have your results. But if they do state rolling recruitment, it's probably worthwhile applying earlier unless any of the firms are known to be more academically focused.
    Alright, I'll have a look at what each firm says. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had video interview with White & Case?

ReputationRep:
    First Vac scheme of the season done, that's CMS out of the way.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.