Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Unpopular Opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Perhaps, you can live in your 1950s view of the world, and I'll live in my modern one, dear.
    For someone who claims not to like to make generalisations/assumptions you sure are good at demonstrating presumptuousness, dear. I build my 'world' around the most pro-social and sustainable aspects of human endeavour, be they more akin to la mode du jour or reflective of our rich heritage. If you have a problem with engaging with/learning the lessons of the past then that's a shame. Important to be intellectually/ideologically flexible, if possible, as discounting the possibility that we ourselves, or trend-setters more generally, may not always change the world for the better can be the road to ruin (as neoliberalist globalisation and the 2008 recession clearly reminded us)! Truth and humanity ftw

ReputationRep:
    Go eat a real meat like lamb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    For someone who claims not to like to make generalisations/assumptions you sure are good at demonstrating presumptuousness, dear. I build my 'world' around the most pro-social and sustainable aspects of human endeavour, be they more akin to la mode du jour or reflective of our rich heritage. If you have a problem with engaging with/learning the lessons of the past then that's a shame. Important to be intellectually/ideologically flexible as discounting the possibility that we ourselves, or trend-setters more generally, may not always change the world for the better can be the road to ruin (as neoliberalist globalisation and the 2008 recession clearly reminded us)! Truth and humanity ftw
    I came to that 'assumption' by simply reading what you put, and looking at your actual website which was very...interesting.

And, you keep telling yourself that, darling.

Religious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MemeworksStudios)
    Meh, it tastes weird.

ReputationRep:
    It stinks mate. But good job for expressing a real controversial view. Who the **** doesn't love bacon?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    It stinks mate. But good job for expressing a real controversial view. Who the **** doesn't love bacon?!?!
    Bacon is also bad for you, high it fat and pigs have poor developed stomachs so the meat is full of pathogens.

ReputationRep:
    Bacon is also bad for you, high it fat and pigs have poor developed stomachs so the meat is full of pathogens.
    Take the Muslim **** elsewhere mate. Pig meat is as "bad" as any other red meat including lamb.

Bacon is extra "bad" 'cos of the nitrates used in curing. But whoever thought it was good for you? it tastes heavenly and goes with everything - sweet or sour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Interestingly, my post regarding a rather sinister and overwritten post by someone recently on this thread was reported and deleted. Who could that have been, I wonder...
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    Take the Muslim **** elsewhere mate. Pig meat is as "bad" as any other red meat including lamb.

Bacon is extra "bad" 'cos of the nitrates used in curing. But whoever thought it was good for you? it tastes heavenly and goes with everything - sweet or sour.
    If I were a Muslim I wouldn't have tried it in the first place would I m8. Bacon is for fatties when you become a man you have to eat beef.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, a lot of things are bad for you, but I bet you still eat them.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, a lot of things are bad for you, but I bet you still eat them.
    I don't even have bought source on my brown pasta because it's full of artificial chemicals, people take appalling care of themselves and that's why they smell and have bad skin.

ReputationRep:
    What happened?
    I wrote a post saying 'how sinister. And overwritten' in response to an earlier posting. You know which one. The lecture. And it was reported and deleted. Maybe it was too neoliberal? Or maybe the words didn't have enough syllables in them and he took offence. We're all so stupid and ignorant, aren't we.

ReputationRep:
    If I were a Muslim I wouldn't have tried it in the first place would I m8. Bacon is for fatties when you become a man you have to eat beef.
    I didn't say you are Muslim this nonsense is usually peddled by Muslims though.

I love being a fatty then. And whoever said that you can't have both? they're not mutually exclusive. In fact, beef bacon cheeseburgers are very popular.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have bought source on my brown pasta because it's full of artificial chemicals, people take appalling care of themselves and that's why they smell and have bad skin.
    .....ok den.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say you are Muslim this nonsense is usually peddled by Muslims though.

I love being a fatty then. And whoever said that you can't have both? they're not mutually exclusive. In fact, beef bacon cheeseburgers are very popular.
    Steak is lean and it gives you muscle gains, bacon is fatty and gives you heart attacks.

ReputationRep:
    Steak is lean and it gives you muscle gains, bacon is fatty and gives you heart attacks.
    Are you a bot? this is not the fitness subforum and nobody argued that bacon is the meat of choice for Kai Greene when he's cutting.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a bot? this is not the fitness subforum and nobody argued that bacon is the meat of choice for Kai Greene when he's cutting.
    It just pisses me off how much guys circlejerk about what is clearly the most low quality meat available.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope you're not considering a career in medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a post saying 'how sinister. And overwritten' in response to an earlier posting. You know which one. The lecture. And it was reported and deleted. Maybe it was too neoliberal? Or maybe the words didn't have enough syllables in them and he took offence. We're all so stupid and ignorant, aren't we.
    Probably for his liking lol.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope you're not considering a career in medicine.
    Diet affects the health of your skin, this is not controversial.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.