I have no idea what mine is..
    But let me guess.. your favorite word is "sure?"
    lol
    go here www.whatismyip.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walk By)
    lol
    go here www.whatismyip.com
    I did, but whats the point in knowing it? Can't people hack your comp if they know what yours is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    I did, but whats the point in knowing it? Can't people hack your comp if they know what yours is?
    lol you need to know it for some applications. going on that site only shows you your ip address, which you give away all the time everytime you use the internet anyway.

no people cant hack you just by knowing your ip address, but it makes it easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalumanGael)
    I think its probably just a coincidence tbh, as has been pointed out it could just have been somebody of an anti-vienna persuasion (rare i know!) who hacked her account and just happened to find my own and swatfas passwords in the PMs.
    Why would Vienna have your pswds?

ReputationRep:
    ok ok.. people people people, this is a forum, just a website, a place where we can talk peacefully about our feelings/ideas/etc. There's no need to make such a big deal out of such a small matter. So what if people gave neg rep to people, it goes away right? or if you get enough of the pos rep.. it doesn't matter. I could be wrong there.. but oh well. Just let all this go. Its the past, so vienna and those other two got hacked, they shouldn't have been giving out their passwords. Its that simple. Don't place blame on someone unless they tell you they did it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    No. The passwords are hashed, one way. If you know a way to unhash them then I think even the military would be very pleased to meet you.
    Trust me on this one. If you read vBulletin's support forums you will find that I am right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I call for an enquiry and a report. who shall we call? Lord Hutton? Lord Butler?
    Lord Huntroyde, of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Lord Huntroyde, of course!
    but is his accent posh enough though?

ReputationRep:
    but is his accent posh enough though?
    A well spoken person is not always posh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    A well spoken person is not always posh.
    yep but those two are

ReputationRep:
    yep but those two are
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    i think infinity did it!

always sneaking around ..

ReputationRep:
    i think infinity did it!

always sneaking around ..
    shhhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drago di giada)
    so vienna and those other two got hacked, they shouldn't have been giving out their passwords. Its that simple. Don't place blame on someone unless they tell you they did it.
    i dont not what youre suggesting here, but im sure i wouldnt find it favourable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v for vendetta)
    i dont not what youre suggesting here, but im sure i wouldnt find it favourable.
    She's suggesting that you shouldn't have been password sharing (naughty naughty) and trying to counter some of the accusation thrown at the subscribers last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    She's suggesting that you shouldn't have been password sharing (naughty naughty) and trying to counter some of the accusation thrown at the subscribers last night.
    if someone would point me in the direction of the big fat rule that says no password sharing...

ill also take this opportunity to say that i will be now posting under 'vienna', until vienna95 DOES come back online. apologies for any confusion between my accounts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    if someone would point me in the direction of the big fat rule that says no password sharing...

ill also take this opportunity to say that i will be now posting under 'vienna', until vienna95 DOES come back online. apologies for any confusion between my accounts.
    There is no rule but I would have thought it wouldn't be too advisable to keep information such as this in you accounts considering the security issues.

Yes you are becoming a bit like Gnostic and Dazya on that note. How does that make you feel now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    there isnt a rule, but you cant call it hacking. giving your password away is authorising people to access your account. thats why it always says you should only keep your password to yourself.

("you" not literally meaning you)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    There is no rule but I would have thought it wouldn't be too advisable to keep information such as this in you accounts considering the security issues.
    ...that should be addressed before telling myself and others, what we can and cannot consent to.

Yes you are becoming a bit like Gnostic and Dazya on that note. How does that make you feel now?
    indifferent.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.