Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eeek!
llduncanll
Report 14 years ago
Before i got my AS results last year I kept having these totally real dreams where I was opening my exam results and I getting like A,S,H,U and being like "S....H.....the hell are they meant to be? n waking up all confuzzled
Im doing better this year altho theres still time lol....
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AHAHSHDJHFHGEWUIGBDFHVNVIWANTMYR ESULTSNOWPOO Hmph.
Rob24601
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by llduncanll)
Before i got my AS results last year I kept having these totally real dreams where I was opening my exam results and I getting like A,S,H,U and being like "S....H.....the hell are they meant to be? n waking up all confuzzled
Yeah! I've been havin the same recently, last night I dreampt I got my results and i got a U in History, and im like, i dnt even do history! whats going on!!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rob24601)
Yeah! I've been havin the same recently, last night I dreampt I got my results and i got a U in History, and im like, i dnt even do history! whats going on!!
I never usually have 'exam dreams' but I've had a simmilar one - I got Us in all four of my subjects... :confused:
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
I doubt that'll happen, if you've put the work in, you'll get the grades you deserve.
I doubt it too but it was scary all the same! I think I'm having these dreams because I'm not panicking/worrying during the day :confused: *Fingers crossed anyway* Oh and good luck everyone!
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by llduncanll)
I have same problems! Other nite I dreamed I got like A, N, S & X! wtf?!
maattdi_2000
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
I have same problems! Other nite I dreamed I got like A, N, S & X! wtf?!
I havnt dreamt anything? Does this mean that subconsciously I think Ive got my place?
The Albatross
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by maattdi_2000)
I havnt dreamt anything? Does this mean that subconsciously I think Ive got my place?
but how do you know you haven't dreamt anything? apparantly we dream loads evey night but hardly ever remember when we wake up!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've only done my AS levels so am obviously not going to university this year and haven't applied yet, but a few weeks ago i had a dream where my mum told me SHE had rejected me from Reading. Lol. So weird. Reading's not even one of my main choices!
Rose in Bloom
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Dreamz?!!!...More like NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had them for the past month!!!!!!
(Has any1 stopped eating like me?...I just can't eat when I am stressed!!!...have lost 3 kilos in a month...not good!!!! as I am already VERY skinny! )

Good luck once more!
btigershark
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Acaila)
Some of the scots are uber-geniuses *cough* magicalsausage *cough*
If it's any consolationg my friends are getting BBCC or CCCC and things like that. One didn't even get any highers/
{hugs tiger shark}

Dreams about exams are waaaaay scary. Hence the reason I'm so tired today
Yeah thanx, its kind of helped or at least reassured me that I wont be the only person with dissapointing grades come results day
tomcoolinguk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
I need AAAA. I can't not get AAAA. Please give me AAAA. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get it.

Dreams: I got an A in English Literature. I don't do Eng Lit.

Most worried about: Chemistry and German. Please, please, please give me As in Chemistry and German. I'd do anything.

My school operates the cashing-in policy, I more or less have to declare. With E&M at Oxford, I more or less stand no chance with a B. I need AAAA.
Yep. I know how you feel. Which Chemistry exams did you take?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edexcel. AQA German was a nightmare. Confident about the other two though, but aargh, it was like I was in a dreamy daze during the Chemistry exam. Wrote the most stupid answers ever. *shakes head*

I give up. AAAA, please. I need it so damn badly.
i need AAA

good luck deianra :!
tomcoolinguk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Edexcel. AQA German was a nightmare. Confident about the other two though, but aargh, it was like I was in a dreamy daze during the Chemistry exam. Wrote the most stupid answers ever. *shakes head*

I give up. AAAA, please. I need it so damn badly.
Wow.. you're so refreshingly honest. I really need AAAA but I keep on having visions of my English poetry paper. And then I recoil in horror.
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by tomcoolinguk)
I really need AAAA but I keep on having visions of my English poetry paper. And then I recoil in horror.
Haha, same here! (Although I'm not cashing in and don't really need to get all As )

Which poetry? It wasn't Larkin by any chance?
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah I know all this, what I want to know is how the spread from 80% UMS to 100% UMS. Is it arbitrarily determined, i.e. the examiners say well 47/50 is 100% UMS or is it just determined based on the size of the grade boundaries.
I had the impression that first, and foremost - the raw score required for a C grade (60% UMS) was determined by committee, and then from this, the other grades were just based on the size of grade boundaries.
tomcoolinguk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mobbdeeprob)
Haha, same here! (Although I'm not cashing in and don't really need to get all As )

Which poetry? It wasn't Larkin by any chance?
U lucky bugger! Really tho I suppose your UCAS application will look quite weird without your AS grades...

The poetry on the bloody exam I did- flaming WJEC Anthology from 1100-1900. I chose the wrong poem for the free choice and didn't write a good essay for the compulsory question. The thing is the grade boundaries for the paper have varied by up to 16% in the past three sessions, and I think I am in that 16%!
mobbdeeprob
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
U lucky bugger! Really tho I suppose your UCAS application will look quite weird without your AS grades...

The poetry on the bloody exam I did- flaming WJEC Anthology from 1100-1900. I chose the wrong poem for the free choice and didn't write a good essay for the compulsory question. The thing is the grade boundaries for the paper have varied by up to 16% in the past three sessions, and I think I am in that 16%!
It will look the same as every other person from my school - and many others too! I should imagine that the predicted grades will need to be more or less spot on though, but then it's a nice safety net to have. I think I may drop to AABB - although I'm praying for AAAB (which is the best that I can hope for, in honesty). My friend got an offer for PPE with AABC at AS (although undeclared) two years ago though, so there is hope.

I think you'll be okay and fully imagine that you will come away with a hand of As on the 19th.
med115
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
will UCAS alter the tracking system at twelve o'clock as soon as evereyone has got thier results?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (636)
91.12%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.88%

Watched Threads