Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzierocks)
    we're students, of course we will (ok yeah right)

just dont let me drink beer, and i will last the night!

Insanity is the best policy anyway, at least we're doing this at the start of the year when our bank accounts are still in the black....
    Alright I'll keep the beer firmly away from you haha! Yeah start of the year is good...my budget may take a hammering though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    Alright I'll keep the beer firmly away from you haha! Yeah start of the year is good...my budget may take a hammering though!!

Ahhh well! the start of the year is spending time anyway!!! Laptops... and stuff and so on. I'm currently attempting to fill out my student finance form and its so ******ed, got to call them up...

"is your employer releasing you from work?" "erm i dont have a job, which box do i tick?"

with your budget account for first week piss up, then you wont feel as guilty... Thats my plan. Blow my savings that im going to accumulate over the course of the summer:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NRMH)
    im thinking of taking up betting during university to get some extra cash flow... if anyones an expert then we will make friends very quickly lol
    :rofl:
    A gambling type eh?
    I like to play cards :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NRMH)
    im thinking of taking up betting during university to get some extra cash flow... if anyones an expert then we will make friends very quickly lol
    I think playing the other LSE is probably a better idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NRMH)
    I know a few tricks as my friend is practically addicted lol. As someone else said though, the stock exchange is better return and more fun. If you are feeling brave you could try spread betting, I'm doing that at the moment and I have a few companies (mainly mining and exploration) who are set to rocket and make me a mint!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I know a few tricks as my friend is practically addicted lol. As someone else said though, the stock exchange is better return and more fun. If you are feeling brave you could try spread betting, I'm doing that at the moment and I have a few companies (mainly mining and exploration) who are set to rocket and make me a mint!
    Aren't you underage to start investing though?
    I should really, but I can't be bothered... hopefully my dad will just give me loads of cash when I graduate so don't need to worry about that stuff

ReputationRep:
    No I'm 18....

ReputationRep:
    Oh yea.... forgot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shrayans)
    Danny that will only be you
    Maybe kash as well......

What, what did I do?

ReputationRep:
    You haven't done anything....
    If you read the posts above, he said, who will last the night. I was suggesting you and danny would

ReputationRep:
    @ Shrayans

just sorta confirming my suspicions here, mainly coz i got a lil confused with all the stuff that was goin on earlier, but is it that u dont drink?

otherwise me is "el confusico" <thats just what i say when i mean im confuzed :p:>

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Lol.
    Teetotalitarian, i think that is the word :p:

Kash is determined to change that, and Danny will help her in the evil act :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yea. Lol.
    Teetotalitarian, i think that is the word :p:

Kash is determined to change that, and Danny will help her in the evil act :rolleyes:
    I am sure you are high on life anyway. No need for drinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whats_its_face)
    I am sure you are high on life anyway. No need for drinks
    To quote Otto from the Simpsons, 'Man, I don't even need drugs to enjoy this...just to enhance it!' lol.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    A gambling type eh?
    I like to play cards :teeth:
    Poker, blackjack? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Bring it on
    Poker is nice, and a few asian games which are amazing.

ReputationRep:
    which asian games u thinking? i know some.... that time i spent in india

ReputationRep:
    Err do spread betting...download a program like IG Index, you bet on each point a companies share price moves. For e.g I have a bet on one company of 40 pounds per point, so for every point it goes up I get 40 pounds. Fairly shortly it should be going up significantly! You can also bet on the FTSE moving one way of another.

ReputationRep:
    Poker ^_^ We play at school quite a lot :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NRMH)
    sounds very good! ok once we're settled into halls ill deffo be asking for a demo and tips. if we do identical bets it would be so jokes lol
    Yeah definitely, basically a group of my friends and I are all doing it, scoping out companies and letting each other know what looks good etc. Come and find me in Rosebery and I'd be more than willing to impart some knowledge and give you a few tips for some decent shares.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.