Turn on thread page Beta

The Electro Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conormacklin)
    Try the Fake Blood remix of black Ghosts, same song you have there (any way you choose to give it), thats really good. Some other good fake blood remixes are Cheap and Cheerful by The Kills or Stuck On Repeat by Little Boots. If you like those I'll tell you some more =P
    The Count & Sinden - Beeper (Fake Blood Remix)
    Fake Blood - Mars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conormacklin)
    Try the Fake Blood remix of black Ghosts, same song you have there (any way you choose to give it), thats really good. Some other good fake blood remixes are Cheap and Cheerful by The Kills or Stuck On Repeat by Little Boots. If you like those I'll tell you some more =P
    Not forgetting the one of AVH - I want your soul :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Check out Simian Mobile Disco's new single Audacity of Huge : Link To Other Thread

Has anyone got MSTRKRFT's new album Fist of God. I think it kicks ass. I loved Bounce, this album is just brilliant. I like the rnb vibe to the electro Gives it a bit of uumph

ReputationRep:
    Saw that video a while ago, love the song.

The remix of Frankmusik's Confusion Girl is very good indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_da_magpie)
    Check out Simian Mobile Disco's new single Audacity of Huge : Link To Other Thread

Has anyone got MSTRKRFT's new album Fist of God. I think it kicks ass. I loved Bounce, this album is just brilliant. I like the rnb vibe to the electro Gives it a bit of uumph
    Yup and love it =) 1000 cigarettes is great

ReputationRep:
    Well, the world of electronic music has been rather quite recently one could say, however, there have been a few excitements.

The Bloody Beetroots new album has leaked, I'm yet to hear it, however good things are being said all over. The artwork is...well you decide:

I saw them a few weeks back in the south of France at Cannes, and no their live performances are not overrated, it was bloody brilliant. Here's a new track from their album:

------------------------

Crystal Fighters from the pays Basque have been one of my particular favorites over the summer and with their unique sound and catchy vocals. The release of their Kitsuné EP came with some interesting remixes:

CRYSTAL FIGHTERS - XTATIC TRUTH (ORIGINAL):

Crystal Fighters Xtatic Truth MayBB Remix

------------------------

This song is weird but brilliant. Enough said

Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You?

------------------------

Also for any Chewy Chocolate Cookies fans, they've released a few more designs on AA here

Chewy Chocolate Cookies - Apocalypse:

ReputationRep:
    I Love Electro!!

ReputationRep:
    My good god i'm going to see Kissy Sellout in three weeks in Southampton yays! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justice †)
    I saw them a few weeks back in the south of France at Cannes, and no their live performances are not overrated, it was bloody brilliant. Here's a new track from their album:

Was this for plages electroniques? I was there the next one, electro hip hop or something it was called. Quite funny, when me and a friend were going to another concert to see crookers, we got completely lost but knew the vague direction of where the concert was. Some guys stopped to ask us for directions so we pointed and they gave us a ride haha. Later we realised that they were the plages electroniques organisers and were putting up posters so that was pretty cool, got to talk to them a bit =p

ReputationRep:
    Aha so there's a thread for people with a vaguely similar taste in music as me- hooray! I shall enjoy searching through some people's recommendations.

I've only really started listening to music a lot quite recently but so far I've heard and liked:
    Fischerspooner, Royksopp, The Knife, Zeigeist, Vive La Fete, Firefox AK, The Rubies and Whitest Boy Alive though I don't know if the last two really count tbh.

ReputationRep:
    This thread hasn't seen a lot of activity recently which is a shame because I always used to keep my eye on it for music suggestions!

I thought I'd just post this because I'd have never thought a remix of a Disney theme could turn out so ******* awesome:

Shinichi Osawa :love:

ReputationRep:
    This one is sick, love it: Alex Gopher - Handguns (Dada Life Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlU42JkfvF0

Remix of a classic:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQxS...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    I do love a bit of 4 Strings. :top:

Here's a few I really like at the moment.

Martini Brös - Big And Dirty (TIGA RMX)
    DJ Jean - Sexy Lady
    Sticky K - Alphaville
    Wolfgang Gartner - Flashback

ReputationRep:
    I also like the Mickey Slim remix of [House Of Pain's] Jump Around.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think I just jizzed in my pants.

Spor - Aztec.

ReputationRep:
    Songs I have liked recently

Joe & Will Ask? Are becoming much more electro lately with their new songs

Oh and this is good too

Is anyone else really underwhelmed by the new boys noize album? Its not a patch on Oi Oi Oi in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Good songs. :top:

Never been a fan of Boys Noize really, so I can't comment on that one. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Is anyone else really underwhelmed by the new boys noize album? Its not a patch on Oi Oi Oi in my opinion
    Kontact Me - has a great intro and build up but doesnt really go anywhere. Jeffer is mind numbing, I literally get lost in that track.

I wouldnt say its a bad album, its just Oi Oi Oi was so good and it doesnt really compare.

I don't usually like la roux, but this remix by DatA is awesome

ReputationRep:
    Bloody impressive: watch out for this kid, he's only like 16 lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD7dO_hWyS4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    Kontact Me - has a great intro and build up but doesnt really go anywhere. Jeffer is mind numbing, I literally get lost in that track.

I wouldnt say its a bad album, its just Oi Oi Oi was so good and it doesnt really compare.
    Dislike Kontact Me, however I relistened to some of the songs, this is good, very very good

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.