• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    its never been done before thats for sure dalkeks and cybermen roll on saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewmck)
    I was a little bit disappointed when the Daleks came out of the sphere, I have always found them quite funny and a bit pathetic compared to other bad guys but that is maybe because I have never really seen the old ones where they were the big bad guys that everyone was scared of. I thought the episode with the devil in it was good, why couldn't they have saved him for the sphere, that would be much cooler if the devil arrived and finished off the series.
    Yeah daleks aren't scary at all. Cybermen have a bigger horror factor for me, the fact that they were once completely human...*shudders* I loved the episode with the the devil in it; it was dark, terrifying and gripping.

ReputationRep:
    lmao the best part of that episode i think was the tv bit NOW DEN WATTS I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE BACK FROM THE DEAD YOU CAN GET OUT OF MY PUB RIGHT NOW and then you saw derek as well NOBODY NEEDS ME ANYMORE oh my word i just wish they would have showed you more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toffee2)
    lmao the best part of that episode i think was the tv bit NOW DEN WATTS I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE BACK FROM THE DEAD YOU CAN GET OUT OF MY PUB RIGHT NOW and then you saw derek as well NOBODY NEEDS ME ANYMORE oh my word i just wish they would have showed you more

ReputationRep:
    I missed the episode with Queen Victoria in it, what happened in it and what made her want to start that big Torchwood place?

By the way, I found this when I looked up Torchwood on Wikipedia:
    The title "Torchwood" is an anagram of "Doctor Who". BBC Wales Head of Drama Julie Gardner will serve as executive producer alongside Davies. Torchwood is set to premiere in October 2006 on BBC Three.
    A Torchwood spin off, if you already knew about that I am sorry.

ReputationRep:
    The pinacle of the time lords science; 3D glasses!
    And traffic cones! But come on, Doctor Who just wouldn't be Doctor Who if it took itself too seriously!

(Original post by elbow_fan)
    Yeah daleks aren't scary at all. Cybermen have a bigger horror factor for me
    Really? I'd sya the Daleks are scarier for me - they're so... inhuman. If I saw one of those full-scale Daleks people have come round the corner, I would actually want to run away.

(Original post by Russel T Davies)
    People always ask me: Will the Daleks come back? And the answer is yes, because no matter how completely you destroy them, no matter if you obliterate every single one of their ships and remove them form the space-time continuum; they will come back. Simply because that is what Daleks do.
    So true!

Also, someone mentioned a DW soc - ahem, look at your screen. A thread of 15 pages and growing, discussing Doctor Who - it's a soc in everything but name.

----------------

So, about the most recent episodes - the Girl making drawing one was ...average at best imo. The start of this 2-parter though, looks good, not sure if they are goign a bit OTT plot wise though. I thought it was good how Mickey very inconspicuouly came back - you just see a technician off to the side, thinking it 's just some irrelevant extra, then he comes into focus and suddenly - it's Mickey

Just gonna have to wait then...

ReputationRep:
    I thought saturdays episode was really good. I liked the 3D glasses idea lol! Can't wait till this coming saturdays episode!!

ReputationRep:
    i like the guy with the strange eyes..

he stares like a freak at EVERYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) .... Barty Crouch Junior
    ... aka Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version)

oooooooooh.. thats where i know him from.

ReputationRep:
    The cybermen creep me out; I think the Daleks are better but they don't seem as scary to me!

ReputationRep:
    I think cybermen are scarier as well but i much prefer seeing the daleks in action but now next week theres both so everyones happy!

ReputationRep:
    the cybermen are a much more modernised opponent... though i don't find them very creepy the daleks just make me go yaay! lol arn't i weird?!?

the 3d glasses are brill!

ReputationRep:
    I think the cybermen creep me out more as they look human but they are just as lifeless and emotionless as the daleks!

ReputationRep:
    The Daleks have Personal Force Fields that can protect them from almost any projectiles, so unless they use a concentrated beam weapon (Like the Modified De-fabricator that Captain Jack used on a Dalek in "The Parting of the Ways"), the Daleks will be fine.

As for the Cybermen, they're vulnerable to thier own weapons and EMP weapons (let's hope the Doctor thinks of that, unless they only work at close range). I suspect if the Daleks and the Cybermen do form an alliance, the Daleks will betray them as the Daleks are a race of manic xenophobes (In 'Dalek', The Doctor said that a Dalek would destroy all humans on Earth because it believes that everything different than itself is wrong and has to go).

As for this "Genesis Ark", I suspect that it's THAT important, that they're willing to safeguard it, perhaps it contains the Dalek Emperor that somehow escaped the power of UberRose in 'The Parting of the Ways', perhaps it's Davros, it could even be an Ultraweapon (Worse than a Superweapon) that will create a universe, destroying this one, perhaps that's why they were in "The Void", studying how universes are created and develop a device that will destroy this universe to create another, while they sit tight, safe in "The Void".

This makes you think, onsidering that Daleks have now been seen in 'Dalek', 'Bad Wolf', 'The Parting of the Ways', 'Army of Ghosts' and now 'Doomsday'. Are the Time Lords really all gone? Or are they in a place that even the Daleks don't know off? Perhaps that's what The Face of Boe wants to tell The Doctor in thier "Final" meeting (as mentioned in 'New Earth').

ReputationRep:
    I think that at some point before the end of next season we'll see the Doctor's child (afterall he did say he was a father once), who went to the void for some reason or other and comes back to help him but ends up dying saving the Doctor.

As for the Doctor's new companion, what is Russell playing at bringing back the same actress to play two totally different parts? I can't see how the Whovians are going to take this well, might even signal his downfall tbh.

ReputationRep:
    She died in the last episode!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simatemcprimate)
    She died in the last episode!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5146666.stm

ReputationRep:
    From the linky in the previous post:
    Although she has now officially joined the cast, producers say Agyeman will not be featured in this year's Christmas edition of Doctor Who.

"We've got another surprise in store for that," said Davies.
    A surprise! Maybe they're bringing back Bonnie Langford (Mel)

(I can dream!)

ReputationRep:
    Mickey might not be able to get back to parallel world will he?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know; the portal between the two worlds is still open so maybe!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.