Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amywalters)
    How many bits of research has everyone got per like theory? I only have about 1 or 2 :O
    lol like whatever i can remember hah same as 1 or two wot questions are u doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjust_an_angelx)
    lol like whatever i can remember hah same as 1 or two wot questions are u doing?
    I'm doing social cognition (attributions of causality, social representations) (ignored prejudice)- which i hate to the high hills.. bio-rhythms,sleeping and dreaming (ignored dreaming), and relationships (have totally ignored culture and understudied relationships)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hispanic-Impressions)
    :eek:
    Wow.
    That's quite ridiculous really.

I'm not going to complain though.
    Yea.

Grade boundaries are even lower for Module 5 I think as well.

And thats the easier exam =/.

Btw. I have a feeling that relationships in other cultures has a good chance of coming up. So watch out. =(.

ReputationRep:
    lol, this is the worst exam ive had to do in my life!

ReputationRep:
    So basically, I can totally skip one question and get full marks on two and still get an A.. wow lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForAllOfThis)
    Yea.

Btw. I have a feeling that relationships in other cultures has a good chance of coming up. So watch out. =(.
    Yeah i've done my notes, but i've not really hardcored it so to speak lol.

ReputationRep:
    Right..Im doing questions 3, 5 and 15.
    Please can someone tell me if theres anything ive missed going over. ive gone over thoroughly
    -intelligence
    -parental investment
    -functions of sleep
    -biological rhythms
    -environmental stressors
    -nature and cause of aggression

Is there anything anyone reccomends? Eveything else i barely know, but i havent got time to go over everything, Im really panicing, and everyone predicting different things for this paper. Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charkate_x)
    Please can someone tell me if theres anything ive missed going over. ive gone over thoroughly
    -intelligence
    -parental investment
    -functions of sleep
    -biological rhythms
    -environmental stressors

Is there anything anyone reccomends? Eveything else i barely know, but i havent got time to go over everything, Im really panicing, and everyone predicting different things for this paper. Please help
    For bio-rhythms, that sounds about right. Make sure you've gone over endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers tho.

ReputationRep:
    Ive learnt studies for endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers for biological rhythms, so hopefully if a question comes up on either of them i can kinda merge an answer together.

ReputationRep:
    if the question asks about endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers is it okay to mention the rhythms like infradian/circadian/ultradian and what goes on there??

ReputationRep:
    arghh.. synoptic i've not even STARTED to revise for. got 2 biology exams on friday as well. eeeerrrrrghhhhh

ReputationRep:
    I was told that for the new spec its been re classed as a science in the vein of Bio, Chem etc. So it'll be even more research orientated, thats what our tutor told us anyway.

I still cant remember anything like I couldnt back in Jan, I only answered Q3 and half of question 10 in Jan before walking out after an hour and I was only 1 mark off an E!

I'm terrified!

ReputationRep:
    if the question asks about endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers is it okay to mention the rhythms like infradian/circadian/ultradian and what goes on there??
    Thats what im planning on doing

ReputationRep:
    Endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers only exist in circadian rhythms I believe.. correct me if i'm wrong though anyone lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charkate_x)
    -intelligence
    -parental investment
    -functions of sleep
    -biological rhythms
    -environmental stressors

um yea id revise cultural differences in prosocial just in case as well as media influences in prosocial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcblingbling)
    um yea id revise cultural differences in prosocial just in case as well as media influences in prosocial
    Just pro-social? Or anti-social as well?

ReputationRep:
    so, if we get 60-70% we can get an A? or is it just that we get an "A" grade, but the Uniformed Mark Scheme doesn't come down? because its 420 points 2 get a B, and 480 2 get an A, so the UMS will need 2 come down 2 get an overall good score and still only get 60-70% on the paper.

does anyone get what i mean??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon###)
    so, if we get 60-70% we can get an A? or is it just that we get an "A" grade, but the Uniformed Mark Scheme doesn't come down? because its 420 points 2 get a B, and 480 2 get an A, so the UMS will need 2 come down 2 get an overall good score and still only get 60-70% on the paper.

does anyone get what i mean??
    Yeah I get you.. so what is the maximum percentage or mark on the paper we need to get to get maximum UMS? Because just because 47 is an A, doesn't mean that is maximum UMS.. anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amywalters)
    Endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers only exist in circadian rhythms I believe.. correct me if i'm wrong though anyone lol.
    ummm i dont know ... anyone????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForAllOfThis)
    Yea.

Hmm nah I don't think that's all that likely, last came up in Jan 07 (so not that long ago) & Jan 08 was from the same subtopic, and my, erm, thorough analysis of past questions tells me that they never put the same subtopic back to back. (Apart from once but I'm going to ignore that for now as it wasn't in the relationships topic.)

Well, it better not anyway, as I haven't focused on that, I've been focusing on 3/6 bits for each unit. Bah. Ah well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2008

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.