Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeltLikeIce)
    It's always fun to play that game with friends where you have to put random words into your exams. I gave my friend "stud muffin" for one of the general studies exams, while I had teapot. Managed to fit it in somehow 0.0
    i had 'hot and hungry jungle monkey' for history. I'm not sure my description of mussolini turned out to be entirely accurate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuelofbritain)
    i had 'hot and hungry jungle monkey' for history. I'm not sure my description of mussolini turned out to be entirely accurate...
    LOL!

That made my day

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa, niiice. Apart from the occasional smiley face I don't think I've written anything to the examiner..
    By the last question of my chemistry GCSE I was really fed up and had no clue. It was one of those name substance x, y & z things so half realising the question mentioned ethanoic acid my answers were something like vinegar, sugar, tea & toast, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I made rather a lot of comments on my AS General Studies exams - mostly phrasing answers in such a way that they allowed me to have a dig at GS. An example of a moral value was, "The belief that we shouldn't manipulate fellow human beings: for example, extorting students by setting a pointless exam paper."

Wrote, "AREN'T YOU BORED YET?" across the blank page. Ummm, what else? Two out of three essays entailed a dig at GS somewhere.

I also made a massive rip up the middle of one of the pages. :p: Not quite sure what the purpose of that was. At any rate, I'm vaguely concerned that it might come back as a U. Meh.

'twas the only worthwhile thing about GS, except for the awesome essay question about whether religious belief is an important part of life. Mmmhmm, that was a fine atheist rant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuelofbritain)
    ;D
    no, I don't think so...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ive got english exam tomorrow and i also feel compelled to put something funny in it. the first question is on hamlet- any ideas guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grape190190)
    , except for the awesome essay question about whether religious belief is an important part of life. Mmmhmm, that was a fine atheist rant.
    ohyes, that would be fun to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    ive got english exam tomorrow and i also feel compelled to put something funny in it. the first question is on hamlet- any ideas guys?

"To answer this, or not to answer, that is the question"

Simple. But effective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    did you pass?
    Yeah I got an A. Some of the questions were really easy though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    "To answer this, or not to answer, that is the question"

Simple. But effective
    oooh thats good!

i mite use that as my opening line

what about "never mind the answer- WHAT THE HELL is the question?!"

.The play has a dramatic structure. But not as dramatic as Hamlet's arse. Hot damn, i'd be the filling to that sandwich.'

ReputationRep:
    You could try and work in something about the significance of 'ham' in the title and how that affects the overall meaning of the play.

Back it up with a quote and thatd probably get you a mark.

ReputationRep:
    oooh thats good!

i mite use that as my opening line

what about "never mind the answer- WHAT THE HELL is the question?!"

O, That this too too solid question would melt,
    Thaw, and resolve itself into an A grade.

Frailty, thy name is (insert examining board here)

When bad grades come, they come not single spies,
    But in battalions.

Need I go on?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't risk 'having fun with the examiner,' especially if it were finals. It could affect the examiner's perception of the student negatively and the examiner might end up being stricter. Though someone I know once shaded all the o's, p's, d's, b's, a's and q's in all texts and questions in an exam. The tr was strict and I don't think his paper was even marked.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    O, That this too too solid question would melt,
    Thaw, and resolve itself into an A grade.

Frailty, thy name is (insert examining board here)

When bad grades come, they come not single spies,
    But in battalions.

Need I go on?
    ahah theyre brill! i might try and work them in somehow

p.s. i just became a sub! woop!

ReputationRep:
    ahah theyre brill! i might try and work them in somehow

Every English text I have ever studied has resulted in song parodies and/or adjusted quotes. Usually based around sexual innuendo. My teacher, surprisingly, loves me for it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Every English text I have ever studied has resulted in song parodies and/or adjusted quotes. Usually based around sexual innuendo. My teacher, surprisingly, loves me for it.
    hehe i just repped you! i think i love you as well

i wil defo try the frailty thy name is...
    and the to be or not to be....

i might also work in the get thee to a nunnery

ReputationRep:
    hehe i just repped you! i think i love you as well

i wil defo try the frailty thy name is...
    and the to be or not to be....

i might also work in the get thee to a nunnery
    :jive: *does a little dance of pride*

I'm going to have to think of some good quotes for my Dr Faustus exam. I'm on high grades as it is, so there's no pressure in this one. Oh, the possibilities

What other English texts have you studied?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :jive: *does a little dance of pride*

I'm going to have to think of some good quotes for my Dr Faustus exam. I'm on high grades as it is, so there's no pressure in this one. Oh, the possibilities

What other English texts have you studied?
    ahh i'm also on high grades so it's all gravy. thank god.

erm ive studied chaucer's The pardoner's prologue and tale, and Arthur Miller's death of a salesman, and that's it for english this year. cos im doin lang+lit so the other modules are language based.
    you?
    oh, and ive also added you to my buddy list
    haha i love bein a sub (just became one about half an hour ago lol)

ReputationRep:
    ahh i'm also on high grades so it's all gravy. thank god.

erm ive studied chaucer's The pardoner's prologue and tale, and Arthur Miller's death of a salesman, and that's it for english this year. cos im doin lang+lit so the other modules are language based.
    you?
    oh, and ive also added you to my buddy list
    haha i love bein a sub (just became one about half an hour ago lol)
    Urgh, Death of a Bloody Salesman. In my essay on that at AS Level, I wrote three pages about how Willy was a suitable name because he was a total twit, an idiotic moron who got no sympathy from me because all he did was delude himself, talk nonsensical gibberish, and ruin everyone's lives both within the play and of readers who were forced to study his stupid stupid life and death.

I got 89/90. Hah!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.