Anyone going to Roehampton?? Watch

Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by phoenix287)
yeah - it's getting closer! Start to **** bricks when I think about it but it doesn't keep me up at night either which is a good thing I guess
It hasn't fully hit me yet, I don't think it will until my friends move away/start at their own uni's. Just wait until Sunday 20th September, we'll both be nervous wrecks :p:
naomiiiiii
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
i'm scared! lol. someone meet me! lolol -loser-
FilthyYouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmm I sent off for my freshers pass a while ago and havent had any confirmation that they received my cheque :|
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FilthyYouth)
Hmm I sent off for my freshers pass a while ago and havent had any confirmation that they received my cheque :|
How long ago did you send it? Recently there have been a few postal strikes in the area, so that might have delayed it. I hope that you get some sort of confirmation soon!

I still haven't sent off my cheque :o: I'll post it tomorrow.
kirsty007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey, anyone who is wondering about applying for the scholoarship roehampton are giving u need 360 points to get it. i got AAAB so i emailed the uni and they said that u dont need to apply they contact people who will be able to get in november. and it gets paid in feb and march, £500 each month!
Jenniii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got my confirmation for my freshers pass today YAY and i sent it off last tues/weds xxx
samwilson530
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kirsty007)
hey, anyone who is wondering about applying for the scholoarship roehampton are giving u need 360 points to get it. i got AAAB so i emailed the uni and they said that u dont need to apply they contact people who will be able to get in november. and it gets paid in feb and march, £500 each month!
I'll get that too hopefully :woo: I got ABBBB
naomiiiiii
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by samwilson530)
I'll get that too hopefully :woo: I got ABBBB
i got it but i've only got 260 points?? :s
kirsty007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by naomiiiiii)
i got it but i've only got 260 points?? :s

this is what their website says:
http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/undergra...bursaries.html

and they sold me the same info at a talk at their open day.
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I finally sent off my Freshers Pass cheque today! Have you all sent yours yet? FilthyYouth, did you get your confirmation email?

One thing that is confusing me though is where we collect the pass from. On the form it says to collect it when we register on the Sunday, but what about the people who won't be living on campus? Because I didn't think that we had to be there on the Sunday? I've probably completely misunderstood what it's saying...
samwilson530
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Elvendork)
I finally sent off my Freshers Pass cheque today! Have you all sent yours yet? FilthyYouth, did you get your confirmation email?

One thing that is confusing me though is where we collect the pass from. On the form it says to collect it when we register on the Sunday, but what about the people who won't be living on campus? Because I didn't think that we had to be there on the Sunday? I've probably completely misunderstood what it's saying...
I think i read somewhere that if you werent living on campus, and therefore wont be there on the sunday, that you have to collect it from the marquee on the digby stuart lawn where the students union will be all week....so i'm guessing on the monday for you?
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think i read somewhere that if you werent living on campus, and therefore wont be there on the sunday, that you have to collect it from the marquee on the digby stuart lawn where the students union will be all week....so i'm guessing on the monday for you?
Ah ok, thank you
kirsty007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeah thats what the email said.

BUT read this...

http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk/...eek/index.html

it says 'Freshers are our priority all week, so make sure you pre-purchase your Freshers’ Pass, which gives you access to all of the events at discounted rates!'

so does that mean we STILL have to pay for the events? i thought they were free if u buy the pass?? please some1 explain! thanks!
Jenniii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kirsty007)
yeah thats what the email said.

BUT read this...

http://studentzone.roehampton.ac.uk/...eek/index.html

it says 'Freshers are our priority all week, so make sure you pre-purchase your Freshers’ Pass, which gives you access to all of the events at discounted rates!'

so does that mean we STILL have to pay for the events? i thought they were free if u buy the pass?? please some1 explain! thanks!

I hope not!!!!!

i interpretated it as because we've bought our passes, it'll be guarenteed entry and then the combination of the £40 we spent was cheaper than combined entry to all the events??

I SOOOOOO HOPE I'M RIGHT..... not only is that £40 money i can't really afford!... i could be spending it on clothes!!!
xx
kirsty007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jenniii)
I hope not!!!!!

i interpretated it as because we've bought our passes, it'll be guarenteed entry and then the combination of the £40 we spent was cheaper than combined entry to all the events??

I SOOOOOO HOPE I'M RIGHT..... not only is that £40 money i can't really afford!... i could be spending it on clothes!!!
xx

this is on the RSU website:

Advantages of getting a Freshers Pass:

* Free & guaranteed entry into every RSU Event during Freshers Week - good times!
* 3 events during the week are exclusive to Freshers Pass holders only.
* Great opportunity to meet thousands of new people
* Queue jump at the majority of events
* Exclusive goody bag at Freshers Fair
* Free Freshers Week lanyard and RSU Diary when you collect you pass

http://www.roehamptonstudent.com/fre...freshers_pass/

good times!
Jenniii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
whats a lanyard? aha...

+ yay for goody bag x
naomiiiiii
Report 9 years ago

oh no you get a confirmation email? i'm worried because i sent my cheque about 10 days ago and i haven't got the email yet
Elvendork
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jenniii)
whats a lanyard? aha...

+ yay for goody bag x
A lanyard is one of those things that you wear round your neck and put keys or a card on :p:

oh no you get a confirmation email? i'm worried because i sent my cheque about 10 days ago and i haven't got the email yet
I think that I read that somewhere? Ahh, I'm not sure now, I can't remember where I read it..
kirsty007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lanyard is one of those things that you wear round your neck and put keys or a card on :p:

I think that I read that somewhere? Ahh, I'm not sure now, I can't remember where I read it..
i got an email from them about a week after i sent it off. but my mate sent hers off AFTER me but got an email before me so i dont think they are emailing people straight away. u could always drop them an email and ask if they got it. ive emailed the uni a couple of times and they reply quickly.
Jenniii
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

It was 10 working days between me sending my cheque off + getting an email I wouldn't worry! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads