The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not had acknowledgement from any of my 5 universities yet >: (

Though to be fair UCAS only received my application on the 7th or 8th..
do all universities send you emails to acknowledge you? I got one from cambridge today but im assuming that was automatic cos it was sent at 2 in the morning, unless they're really dedicated...
Reply 262
isnt_it_ironic
do all universities send you emails to acknowledge you? I got one from cambridge today but im assuming that was automatic cos it was sent at 2 in the morning, unless they're really dedicated...

Not all, no.
AsystoleUK
Not had acknowledgement from any of my 5 universities yet >: (

Though to be fair UCAS only received my application on the 7th or 8th..

Ive only had one, and I sent mine on 19th sep!
can i just ask how long does acknowlegement take and also
anyone got offers from york yet
for history in particular and how long did it take?
Reply 265
diorbaby1687
can i just ask how long does acknowlegement take and also
anyone got offers from york yet
for history in particular and how long did it take?

theyll be in this topic, and i dont think anyones posted about an offer for history yet??
Reply 266
History is one of the most competitive courses, so will probably take longer than a lot of others.
deazle
theyll be in this topic, and i dont think anyones posted about an offer for history yet??

i got an offer for history and portuguese from manchester, and they said there is only 20 places on history joint courses..... and i only waited like 5-6 days
Reply 268
FootballJunkie
i got an offer for history and portuguese from manchester, and they said there is only 20 places on history joint courses..... and i only waited like 5-6 days

If you are clearly better than their standard offer Manchester just give you an offer now..most people at my school who applied there have got offers.
The fact that there are only 20 places is irrelevant-the real competition for places starts in a few months time.
Reply 269
ellie_flower
UNCONDITIONAL OFFER MANCHESTER HISTORY

yayayay!!

For those asking about History, it was one of the first offers mentioned in this thread! To the person who got it grr, I am very jealous! :p:

Serendipity*
Engineering at Keble! Eeek, I'm really not enjoying all this ucas business
Where else have you applied? Good luck to you too btw! x

I am applying to King's College London, St Andrew's, Edinburgh and Newcastle (in that order of preference, but shh don't tell Newcastle! :wink: I like them all). Where else did you apply to, and why Keble? I chose Balliol 'cos I'm a sucker for pretty buildings and it is centrally located between 3 humungous bookshops :biggrin:

Anyway, not long until tomorrow and this thread is taken over once more with news of offers. Ahh!!!

And yes, this UCAS business is horrible. So many hoops to jump through... and all so that we can end up with £21,000 of debt at the end of it. :rolleyes:
Reply 270
I'm sure someone said they had an offer for History at York already.
Arggg!! Waiting on my referee too :frown:
A Stranger in Moscow
Arggg!! Waiting on my referee too :frown:

haha me too
dont you just want to kick em up the pants :P
Reply 273
knowsley1961
Please, almighty UCAS gods, have mercy on my poor tormented soul. After applying on 7/10 I've not received any offers or *even* acknowledgements from my choices:

How dare they do this to me...

Um...you're overreacting more than a little bit. A lot of Uni's don't acknowledge, especially not 6 days after you apply...:rolleyes: And offers?!, the Oxford deadline hasn't even passed yet, let alone the normal deadline, why would you expect an offer....get a grip:s-smilie:
Reply 274
knowsley1961
Please, almighty UCAS gods, have mercy on my poor tormented soul. After applying on 7/10 I've not received any offers or *even* acknowledgements from my choices:

Lol xD. I'm not sure if this was meant to be satire or not, but its great.
knowsley1961

Edinburgh, Notts., RHUL, Exeter, Heythrop

I have promised that I shall smite the university who last deigns to contact me by rejecting their offer (hopefully I won't simply be accepting their rejection). How dare they do this to me...

:rofl:
Reply 276
diorbaby1687
haha me too
dont you just want to kick em up the pants :P

I feel the same! The reference is the only thing missing in my application, and I need to send it asap for it to arrive on time by airmail. :frown:
is anyone else losing sleep over waiting for offers/rejections? :frown:
Reply 278
I sent mine off on in like the last week of September and got an offer for Biomed last week :biggrin:! Not my first choice but is still a start! Pretty happy :smile:
Reply 279
minim
I sent mine off on in like the last week of September and got an offer for Biomed last week :biggrin:! Not my first choice but is still a start! Pretty happy :smile:

Ooh sweet :smile:, where from?

Latest

Trending

Trending