Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    :eek2:. Well played! Congrats.

Why didn't I get one :bawling:? Our grades are almost completely identical (AAAA, distinction and 1, 1). How did you get the offer? Mail, e-mail or Track? Do they invite you to an open day or anything? Is your's unconditional also, Hash?

Very very jealous.

Same position as you Swayum, except I haven't done STEP yet and I'm doing 5 A levels. People with Maths offers: did you mention your UMS in your personal statement? I think my friend did and he got an offer as well, although he is only doing 4 A levels and an AS.

Alternatively, it could be the PS and reference. I'm now starting to regret the headmaster of my school writing mine - he doesn't know a thing about me.

Anyway, well done everyone with offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    People with Maths offers: did you mention your UMS in your personal statement?
    I'm pretty sure my UMS are in my reference but I haven't read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    I'm pretty sure my UMS are in my reference but I haven't read it.
    Mine weren't explicitly stated for at least 2 of my subjects, and at no point was it written 296/300 etc in either my reference or PS.

It makes me worry especially when others have received offers and we were among those being considered.

Name: TheTallOne
    Course (deferred?): Maths G107 2009
    GCSEs/equivalent: 10A* 2A
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Maths/Further Maths (481/500,391/400), Biology (270), Chemistry (286), Physics (296)
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAAA
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): STEP II and III (pending)

ReputationRep:

Same position as you Swayum, except I haven't done STEP yet and I'm doing 5 A levels. People with Maths offers: did you mention your UMS in your personal statement? I think my friend did and he got an offer as well, although he is only doing 4 A levels and an AS.

Alternatively, it could be the PS and reference. I'm now starting to regret the headmaster of my school writing mine - he doesn't know a thing about me.

Anyway, well done everyone with offers.
    I said in my personal statement that I had got full marks in 2 modules, with an average UMS score of 97.6

ReputationRep:
    People with Maths offers: did you mention your UMS in your personal statement?.
    No, but my referee mentioned my UMS score (1145/1200) and that I'd achieved 90% or above in all 12 modules.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty certain that my UMS marks wren't in my PS or reference not unless they changed my reference without telling me.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Maths! Don't know what yet though, letter doesn't say.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Maf too but all I've got so far is a month old email saying 'we got your UCAS'.

Seems loads of people are getting offers... do Imperial not tend to interview you for Maf, then? I'm predicted AAAAA Maf, F. Maf, Phys, Chem, Bio at A2...

What about open days, because so far both Bath and UCL have told me 'we'll give you an offer if you come have a look round on day X'... are people receiving this sort of thing, or just plain offers with grades?

I should really stop worrying I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope you did not refer to your subject as "Maf" anywhere in your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xei)
    What about open days, because so far both Bath and UCL have told me 'we'll give you an offer if you come have a look round on day X'... are people receiving this sort of thing, or just plain offers with grades?
    Just plain offer, but advise you to go to open day

ReputationRep:
    Got called for an interview at Imperial for Civil Engineering. It looks like lots of people are getting offers from Imperial (not sure whether they are getting offers with or without interviews). As civil engineering is not a very a popular subject, being called for an interview only means that they are considering me as an average candidate . Oh, well, let's see what happens.

Been invited for visit days at UCL and Southampton.

AS Grades : Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Economics (A)
    Predicted A2 grades: Maths (A), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Economics (A)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by sth)
    Got called for an interview at Imperial for Civil Engineering. It looks like lots of people are getting offers from Imperial (not sure whether they are getting offers with or without interviews). As civil engineering is not a very a popular subject, being called for an interview only means that they are considering me as an average candidate . Oh, well, let's see what happens.

Assuming Civ Eng is the same as Physics they will interview all applicants who they may give an offer to. Its only the courses which don't interview (e.g. Maths) which give out so many offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Assuming Civ Eng is the same as Physics they will interview all applicants who they may give an offer to. Its only the courses which don't interview (e.g. Maths) which give out so many offers
    Alrite, THANKS! Although dreading the interview; will walk in and faint in front of the interviewers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sth)

Nice one, I'm applying for Mech Eng, and have yet to hear anything from Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope you did not refer to your subject as "Maf" anywhere in your application.
    Damn... my entire personal statement was actually just 4000 characters worth of "Mafmafmafmafmaf"... Well, Baf seemed fine with it I suppose.
    Just plain offer, but advise you to go to open day
    Wow, ok, good... I was expecting an interview from Imperial more than anyone, save Cambridge, I suppose because of its reputation.

Baf called me for an 'informal interview' which is weird. They said they'd give me an offer anyway, so what an informal interview is supposed to achieve or be like, I'm not sure. Maybe we wear silly hats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNQ)
    Nice one, I'm applying for Mech Eng, and have yet to hear anything from Imperial.
    Have you heard from any other unis? Btw, just as a matter of curiousity, have u applied to cambridge for Engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sth)
    Have you heard from any other unis? Btw, just as a matter of curiousity, have u applied to cambridge for Engineering?
    I have heard nothing from any uni, except for warwick who invited me to an open day, but I said that I'd go next term...

And yes, I have applied to Cambridge too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNQ)
    I have heard nothing from any uni, except for warwick who invited me to an open day, but I said that I'd go next term...

And yes, I have applied to Cambridge too
    Lol, was just looking out for competition :P. Which college have u applied to? I've applied to Christ's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sth)
    Lol, was just looking out for competition :P. Which college have u applied to? I've applied to Christ's.
    Haha nice nice, I've applied to Jesus!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.