Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    East Anglia ey?

My friend who's there currently just told me the campus accomadation is beautiful and it clearly does make sense from a social point of view.

You probably already looked but this: http://www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/P...+Accommodation might help somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    It will be filled with loads of noisy freshers but if that is what you want go for it.

The village is probs the quietest of the accoms

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to stay away from all the 'noisy freshers' if possible. I'm doing this on my own dime and need to keep my expenses down. Renting a flat would be ideal, but I don't think I can afford it once you factor in all the utility expenses. Plus, it would be nice to live close to/on campus. I'll look into The Village when accommodation requests come up.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Anyone else have anything I should keep in mind or look into?

ReputationRep:
    basically, there are 3 types of accom;
    on campus without en-suite. basic, but cheap,
    village, enu-suite, more expensive, least noisy accom i'd say,
    and campus en-suite. most expensive. Nice though, all very new.

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere you go it's going to be somewhat noisy, to be fair.
    I live in Suffolk Terrace, and I'd say it's definitely one of the rowdier places! But saying that, I absolutely love it.
    It all depends what flat you get, to be honest, rather than the building; you're always going to have noisy flats and quiet flats in each building.
    I've heard that you can ask for a "quiet flat" when you apply for accommodation though....?

Hope this helps
    Oh and you'll adore UEA! haha

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Halls in mary chapman, we had lots of American students who came for a year and then went. They made the place really lively and lots of fun. Its cheaper as well than most accomodation and its great to live in the City Centre.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for all the advice. Now I just have to wait and see if I got accepted. Does anyone know how long that usually takes. I just recently submitted the rest of my paperwork.

ReputationRep:
    It's worth saying that Village flats are smaller than the ones on campus (about 5-6 people if I remember correctly, compared to up to 14 in Norfolk/Suffolk Terrace, for example), so if you're after a quieter life then that too could be a big contributing factor. I always found the Village to be much more chilled out than actual on campus flats as well, but you're still right next to campus which is really convenient.

I lived in Norfolk Terrace, and whilst it was very probably the best year of my life, I wouldn't describe it as quiet by any means, the block next to us kept up the noise pretty consistently throughout the whole year (they were a loud block, but there's always one block like that), and the same was true when I spent a lot of time there in my 2nd year because my friend from home joined and also got put in NT. If you're after quiet, I'd agree that the Village is the best balance between that and still not being miles from everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    That's three votes for The Village. I think I know what my first choice will be.

ReputationRep:
    I just received an unconditional offer to the Literature and Philosophy Masters Program!!!!! I'm so frakkin excited!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Just to say that there are two blocks of ensuite accommodation on campus just for postgraduate students, they are Browne and Kett and also one of Orwell and Wolfson - not sure which one - is only for postgraduate students too. Also the paired units in Nelson are only for postgraduates and the ones in Constable are mainly occupied by postgraduate students too, so you don't have to live with freshers at all.

ReputationRep:
    Now there's some good news. I'll look into it. Thanx

ReputationRep:
    This is a comparison chart of all the accommodation available to postgraduate students - so you see that the ensuite on campus is Kett and Browne.

http://www.uea.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.113890!Comparison%20Chart%20-%20Postgraduate.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Are the En-suite rooms at the different halls of accommodation small? What size are they? Which hall has the biggest room sizes?

ReputationRep:
    En-suite campus rooms are all the same size and are nice and spacious. Shared bathroom on campus rooms are also pretty large. Rooms in the village (all en-suite) aren't quite as big but still good enough. The village is just across the road from campus if you didn't realise.

So yeah for room size it's like: Campus en-suite -> Campus shared bathroom -> Village..

ReputationRep:
    Be nice to see who's wanting to go to which rooms...

I'm going En-Suite Campus first
    then those Pyramid Monstrosities.
    Then the village en suuite...

This has it's own thread probably, but nay mind aye

ReputationRep:
    Shared bathroom all the way! I'm not paying £25 a week extra just to have my own shower!!!

ReputationRep:
    How do the shared bathroom campus rooms look like? Are they in the pyramids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    Shared bathroom all the way! I'm not paying £25 a week extra just to have my own shower!!!
    I'm not interested in the shared bathrooms. Not comfortable with sharing toilets etc. I just want to know if the accommodation is comfortable or cramped....

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.