Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Final Fantasy Society II watch

ReputationRep:
    You have to be very bored, indeed, to revisit FFXII lol. I doubt I'll ever find the motivation to revisit the game .

ReputationRep:

The graphics aren't very good in this picture.

ReputationRep:
    Just restarted FF6.. Never finished it before :s

ReputationRep:
    what are those stupid lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)

The graphics aren't very good in this picture.
    meh still screen shots often don't represent a games graphics as nicely, things always look better in a video IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    what are those stupid lines?
    That's her weapon.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the graphics looked quite good...

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    The grass texture for the floor is low res and lacking detail.

ReputationRep:
    Good enough for me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Good enough for me .
    :ditto: I think it looks rather good. I will also admit I am rather looking forward to FF13 quiet a lot :grin: . I loved the gameplay in FF12 (sad about it's lack of story line though) so FF13 gameplay should be good and hopefully the story will be good. The characters all look pretty decent (specially Lighting) so I am glad it is being released on the 360 seeing as I don't have a PS3 :grin:

ReputationRep:
    The graphics are good enough, and there's still plenty time for them to be tweaked; any screenshots that get posted now will still be of alpha/beta copies and things will be subject to change, which is why I never give a toss about previews. I'll look at screenshots in a review of what is the (or pretty much the) gold version that'll be going up on the shelves...and even then, I've made it clear often enough that graphics are not at the top of my priority list - I demand excellent gameplay, and Square tend to offer that in abundance. Nice graphics are just a bonus.
    Also remember that the Final Fantasy games have a history of having absolutely beautiful FMV sequences, but the graphics during gameplay are totally **** in comparison; to be honest, Phalanx is probably whining just for the sake of it, which seems to be something he's extremely fond of doing (:p:), but FF fans know the sorts of things to expect out of an FF title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    The graphics are good enough, and there's still plenty time for them to be tweaked; any screenshots that get posted now will still be of alpha/beta copies and things will be subject to change, which is why I never give a toss about previews. I'll look at screenshots in a review of what is the (or pretty much the) gold version that'll be going up on the shelves...and even then, I've made it clear often enough that graphics are not at the top of my priority list - I demand excellent gameplay, and Square tend to offer that in abundance. Nice graphics are just a bonus.
    Also remember that the Final Fantasy games have a history of having absolutely beautiful FMV sequences, but the graphics during gameplay are totally **** in comparison; to be honest, Phalanx is probably whining just for the sake of it, which seems to be something he's extremely fond of doing (:p:), but FF fans know the sorts of things to expect out of an FF title.
    Tired, tonight? :laugh:

I am into FF purely for story and gameplay.

You make a good point about older games having less-than-excellent graphics, but beautiful FMVs. It's worth playing the older games just to see the FMVs lol.

ReputationRep:
    You saw those comparisons of screenshots from last year compared to identical screenshot from last month, right?
    *cough*downgrading visual quality for 360*cough*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    You saw those comparisons of screenshots from last year compared to identical screenshot from last month, right?
    *cough*downgrading visual quality for 360*cough*
    :sadnod:

http://kotaku.com/5328458/final-fant...-youve-changed

:cry:

Also, plenty of info on FFIV here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/04/fi...ew-job-system/

ReputationRep:
    The original images look soooo much better in every way

ReputationRep:
    I never realised how easy emerald weapon can be, I was reading the paper while fighting it, looked up and it was dead....First time beating him aswell! Whoo!

ReputationRep:
    Even if the graphics have been "downgraded", how do we know that's down to the fact it's being ported to Xbox 360?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Even if the graphics have been "downgraded", how do we know that's down to the fact it's being ported to Xbox 360?
    We're just kidding dude...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    We're just kidding dude...
    Oh ok then

It's hard to tell because people really do kick up a fuss about it sometimes. Stupid fanboyism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Oh ok then

It's hard to tell because people really do kick up a fuss about it sometimes. Stupid fanboyism.
    To be fair, the first set of screenshots were taken from a supposed real ingame build rendered on a PS3. SqEnix have also stated that the experience on the 360 and PS3 will be identical.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 18, 2015
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.