Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    This!
    No, from arety-vein shunt , then back to vein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    ye i put that something like, bodies own immune system attacks beta cells

im sure it was 3 risk factors
    -sedentary lifestyle
    -overeating
    -afro carribean/asian descent
    do you think 'genetic factors' would be enough to get the mark for afro carribean desent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archen)
    i think it might just be 125/700 as only the stuff from the plasma enters the renal filtrate..
    other stuff in the blood - blood cells proteins etc. do not get filtered so the 125 can only be from the plasma which contains everything..:

quoted from wiki:

Blood plasma is the yellow liquid component of blood, in which the blood cells in whole blood would normally be suspended. It makes up about 55% of the total blood volume. It is mostly water (90% by volume) and contains dissolved proteins, glucose, clotting factors, mineral ions, hormones and carbon dioxide (plasma being the main medium for excretory product transportation)
    no but thats what im saying the 125 was the filtrate from the total 1200 cm3 and it was asking for the filtrate from the blood plasma only which was only 700 out of 1200

ReputationRep:
    for % calc didn't it say that 125cm left but never actually said it was plasma that left so i dont get why it wouldn't just be 1200-125= 1075
    then 700/1075 * 100. i got like 65% of blood was plasma any 1 else get that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    agreed.
    tho it makes my answer of artery vein wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ra...ic_fistula.svg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Awww, I love our spats! :yep:
    And we're not even married yet. Imagine in 40 years time. :love:

When you are an attendant in urology. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    I said genetics as well - if your parents have it, you are more likely to have it?

ReputationRep:
    do you think 'genetic factors' would be enough to get the mark for afro carribean desent?
    I thought that only type 1 diabetes was caused by genetic factors hence why u usually get it in younger people it was asking for type 2 which are generally diet, age and amount of excericse

ReputationRep:
    im panicing now, i really dont think iv done very well, i think i screwed up on the seal question, the percentage question and some on the dialysis :|
    for the myelination question, did any one write about saltatory conduction? because it said refer to the table above, with all the data in it, so i didnt bother x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddy1292)
    for % calc didn't it say that 125cm left but never actually said it was plasma that left so i dont get why it wouldn't just be 1200-125= 1075
    I love it, how they only gave us three numbers and we have come up with, like what, five different answers already.....:rolleyes: ....
    yeah and I got 17.9%.....no idea if it is right.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lossy1234)
    no but thats what im saying the 125 was the filtrate from the total 1200 cm3 and it was asking for the filtrate from the blood plasma only which was only 700 out of 1200
    but the 125cm3 from the 1200 is only from plasma..
    the rest of the stuff remains in the blood, so the 125 only comes from the 700 plasma even though there was more stuff in the blood making it up to 1200..

i could be completely WRONG btw lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowleyja)
    im panicing now, i really dont think iv done very well, i think i screwed up on the seal question, the percentage question and some on the dialysis :|
    for the myelination question, did any one write about saltatory conduction? because it said refer to the table above, with all the data in it, so i didnt bother x
    YOu could, but I think they were just looking for qouted figures and a general statement........hopefully anyway....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddy1292)
    Man listen 125 was the filtrate from the total 1200 and it asked for the filtrate only from 700 of that (the blood plasma) so it must be a small number .. below 15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Everything is so darn controversial :rolleyes:
    Yea

Fistula is the shunt.

ReputationRep:
    did people just use the information in the table for the neurons question?
    i think i messed up on that coz i put decreased when i know it inreases
    resit here i come.

ReputationRep:
    i just compared some of the figures in the table with each other
    and commented on schwann cells and fatty material being the myelination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    This guy is right, in long term dialysis patients they make a artery/venous shunt and take blood from there, putting it back into the vein (I asked a consultant anethetist who works in ITU).
    You cant put it back into an artery because of the high pressure.
    but basically apart from that you can take blood from a vein or artery so its a crap question with no correct answer.
    (I went for from artery back to vein because I'm sure shunts are not on syllabus)

ReputationRep:
    probably yes though this is A2 and OCR ( :mad: ) they might penalise you
    i put genetic predispostion as well though, dont worry about that its one mark

ReputationRep:
    what was the pigment in PSI and PSII -- chlorophyll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    And we're not even married yet. Imagine in 40 years time. :love:

When you are an attendant in urology. :perv:
    lol i like your imaginative use of emotion

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.