Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure maybe it's a Northern Ireland thing, but both universities here ask for a 2nd PS and it asks three questions regarding your choice of course and understanding of social work - think the postie may have lost my rejection letter lol

ReputationRep:
    May withdraw from Sheffield and York seeing as I have my firm and insurance. Not sure what to do :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I waited four and a half months to get a rejection last night... because my predicted grades are too low. Couldn't they see four and a half months ago that they were too low? They weren't exactly going to change if they waited longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applepumpkin)
    I waited four and a half months to get a rejection last night... because my predicted grades are too low. Couldn't they see four and a half months ago that they were too low? They weren't exactly going to change if they waited longer.
    It is pretty annoying. I guess they liked other parts of your application, or had another ton to go through so decided to hold onto it. Then, when other applications started coming in that they wanted to give offers to, they decided to reject yours - it's a lot to do with luck as well, tbh. Sorry about that anyways. Hopefully it wasn't your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andsoitgoes)
    Have you heard anything yet?
    warwick rejected me the other day. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    It is pretty annoying. I guess they liked other parts of your application, or had another ton to go through so decided to hold onto it. Then, when other applications started coming in that they wanted to give offers to, they decided to reject yours - it's a lot to do with luck as well, tbh. Sorry about that anyways. Hopefully it wasn't your first choice?
    No i'm still waiting on that one, but it's frustrating nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    Yep, definitely. Good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for social work 2 weeks ago today...they told us we'd know within 2 weeks....still waiting and I'm getting loopier as each day passes with no news!

ReputationRep:
    So i receieved some feedback from Nottingham Trent University :
    Please could you provide details regarding the qualifications you have achieved and the predicted grades from any pending qualifications by 18-FEB-2010. So i did that and then received this :

Please provide an academic reference on official school letter headed paper or from an official school email address.
    Do they mean that they want my predicted grades from school or an academic reference?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evvvvu)
    Please provide an academic reference on official school letter headed paper or from an official school email address.
    Do they mean that they want my predicted grades from school or an academic reference?:confused:
    It sounds to me that they want your academic reference (presumably the same as was already submitted via UCAS) on official headed paper from your school, or else sent from a school email address. It makes me wonder if your original reference (I assume you had one?) got lost somewhere, or maybe looks as though it wasn't "official". Who knows. Whatever, I'd ask your school to send it direct to the university by either email or snail mail, and all should be well.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    So I received mail today from one of my universities, asking me if I would be happy to be considered for a place on BSC Biology degree rather than the course that I initially applied for (which is the bio degree + foundation year).
    Is that basically already an offer? :hmmmm: Or do I have to expect more 'careful consideration'? :eek2:

In any case: I am happy to hear from another university. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    May withdraw from Sheffield and York seeing as I have my firm and insurance. Not sure what to do :ninja:
    Im same i am only waiting on London Met and im thinking of withdrawing as i have decided on my Firm and Insurance choices now
    But still have that nagging feeling dont do it wait see but then i think narh dont fancy living in London for 4 years
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mrs Frosty)
    I had an interview for social work 2 weeks ago today...they told us we'd know within 2 weeks....still waiting and I'm getting loopier as each day passes with no news!
    Which uni?

I'm sure you'll hear something soon

ReputationRep:
    No longer waiting as i withdrew from London Met and have now firmed and insured my choices thank god!

Best wishes to those still awaiting decisions and things though x

ReputationRep:
    Did you get rejected by QMUL for History with Comparative Lit? I was trying to find out more about Comparative Lit as I have an offer for it but there is little information about the modules etc! Sorry to hear you were rejected though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    Did you get rejected by QMUL for History with Comparative Lit? I was trying to find out more about Comparative Lit as I have an offer for it but there is little information about the modules etc! Sorry to hear you were rejected though.
    Bit mean to ask the person with a rejection to tell you more about the course! haha sorry but I don't know much about the modules there, I really liked the sound of the course at Kent and Queen Mary's was the only other place I knew did the course that I was happy to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    Bit mean to ask the person with a rejection to tell you more about the course! haha sorry but I don't know much about the modules there, I really liked the sound of the course at Kent and Queen Mary's was the only other place I knew did the course that I was happy to apply to.
    Yes I know :o: I just have not seen *anyone* else actually applying for it!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it it's halfway through March and I still haven't heard from QUB...

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard from RGU, Aberdeen & Strathclyde.

Dunno if it has anything to do with applying for 3rd year entry?

I'm losing the plot now.... arggghhh!!

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy got my social work interview it's not until 25th March but i already feel sick

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.