Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious)
    I'm only in Foundress because I was really unlucky in the ballot this year and was the third last person in the year to pick accommodation. :ahee: If I hadn't chosen there, I'd have ended up 40 minutes' walk away from Sainsbury's and my lectures...and I wouldn't have had a bike (my parents think it's too dangerous :sigh:). It'd be awesome if you were in P(1) - that's where I was last year.
    aw, that is very unlucky! but at least you did get accommodation close to college/lectures/sainsburys (sainsburys being VERY important ). Well, visiting cambridge one of the things i noticed was the extremely suicidal actions of the cyclists - they might be right :P When i find out where i am i'll tell you

(Original post by Got the tshirt)
    aw, that is very unlucky! but at least you did get accommodation close to college/lectures/sainsburys (sainsburys being VERY important ). Well, visiting cambridge one of the things i noticed was the extremely suicidal actions of the cyclists - they might be right :P When i find out where i am i'll tell you
    Did you manage to find where on Facebook the Pembroke freshers are congregating? I'm trying to find the lawyers still... :erm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    ........and I wouldn't have had a bike (my parents think it's too dangerous :sigh:). ...
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    Well, visiting cambridge one of the things i noticed was the extremely suicidal actions of the cyclists
    Cyclists are crazy :eek:
    The number of times I nearly got run over during my visit to Cambridge for my interview... BY A BICYCLE. I mean, I've NEVER HEARD ANYTHING SO LAME IN MY LIFE :sigh:

(Hehe, I can't wait to buy a bike and terrorize pedestrians. Mwahahaha :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :nutcase:
    We're Cambridge men now, therefore these naked displays of emotion cannot be shown.

Instead we must be: :pierre:

EDIT: Somebody doesn't have a sense of humour.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Cast.Iron)
    We're Cambridge men now, therefore these naked displays of emotion cannot be shown.

Instead we must be: :pierre:
    Of course, of course.

:bhangra:

(Original post by kpatb)
    The number of times I nearly got run over during my visit to Cambridge for my interview... BY A BICYCLE. I mean, I've NEVER HEARD ANYTHING SO LAME IN MY LIFE :sigh:

Be sure to get a horn/bell so you can express your disdain for tourists in a universal language!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Of course, of course.

:bhangra:
    Indeed :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbou)
    Yup, pretty bad but I will still go And I will need a suit type outfit for the formal halls anyway

I was in Oxford today and I was wearing my Cambridge hoodie (I bought one as soon as I met my offer :cool: ) I was getting some weird looks... :rolleyes: Are you going to bother getting one?
    Probably because they all thought you were a tourist :p: it's mostly Spanish and French school tours who buy them! That said, I have two and they are very cosy, although my Russian teacher did once ask me if I needed to have the name of my city plastered on my chest so that I didn't forget where I was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

I still nearly get run over by bikes. In fact, on the way to one of my exams this year, I jumped out of the way of a car, into the way of a bike, jumped backwards into the path of the car and ended up running just in front of the bike. Then I walked by a chained bike, caught my sleeve on its handle and spent the next minute trying to get it off me.

The upside was that my friends found this so hilarious, they forgot to be nervous about our exam. The downside was that I spent the rest of the walk to the exam checking every road 4 times.

Usually someone pulls me out of the way of traffic. She's going on a Year Abroad. I may actually die from being hit by a bike...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Want to hear something more lame? I got overtaken by a milk float. I wasn't walking or cycling, no, I was in a car. And got overtaken by a milk float. The shame :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gethsemane342)
    I still nearly get run over by bikes. In fact, on the way to one of my exams this year, I jumped out of the way of a car, into the way of a bike, jumped backwards into the path of the car and ended up running just in front of the bike. Then I walked by a chained bike, caught my sleeve on its handle and spent the next minute trying to get it off me.

The upside was that my friends found this so hilarious, they forgot to be nervous about our exam. The downside was that I spent the rest of the walk to the exam checking every road 4 times.

Usually someone pulls me out of the way of traffic. She's going on a Year Abroad. I may actually die from being hit by a bike...
    This has made my day. I would have LOVED to see that :P though i'm of course sorry you had such a bad experience :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)

very lame. *shakes head* now that would have been embarrassing to put on your tombstone :P

ReputationRep:
    Did you manage to find where on Facebook the Pembroke freshers are congregating? I'm trying to find the lawyers still... :erm:
    well i've gone and liked the pembroke page :/ but no one seems to be commenting...except me asking if anyone is an engineer i think people can only see updates if they visit the page :/

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everybody!! It feels amazing to fulfil your offer, especially if you've mentally prepared yourself and your parents for your insurance university))) Gonna be studying maths at St John's ))) WOOOHOOO!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spungo)
    Hello everyone
    I think I saw a couple already but are there any other Jesuans on here? I'll be getting drowned in Maths there in October!
    Me. Engineering in 2012.
    But I haven't visited the college yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    Me. Engineering in 2012.
    But I haven't visited the college yet.
    Ooh Hi

Did you not have your interviews there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbou)
    Yup, pretty bad but I will still go And I will need a suit type outfit for the formal halls anyway

I was in Oxford today and I was wearing my Cambridge hoodie (I bought one as soon as I met my offer :cool: ) I was getting some weird looks... :rolleyes: Are you going to bother getting one?
    I didn't know there was one! I might do

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up, keen freshers of TSR - you might want to wait and buy college hoodies. That's what most students actually wear...

ReputationRep:
    One of my closest friends gave me a "Cambridge University" hoodie when I got my offer.

The first time I wore it was the 18th of August - it felt like the most awesome thing EVER.:cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.