Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Cambridge has already updated UCAS, the letter said they'll send me another pack in April concerning accommodation so I won't have to worry about it till then. Withdrawing options just takes away the fun

Why not? Atm I'm more inclined to LSE as it looks nicer.
    Oh ok I see why you are waiting for UCL and Warwick then .

And that;s what he meant, don't pick UCL as your 2nd choice,

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind having the roles reversed :innocent:
    With the difference that they have much a greater range to choose from and probably wouldn't care that much but you can still get that feeling.
    I wish LSE and UCL were a bit quicker with giving me a decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    With the difference that they have much a greater range to choose from and probably wouldn't care that much but you can still get that feeling.
    I wish LSE and UCL were a bit quicker with giving me a decision.
    Yhh I love that adrenaline rush when you get a email from UCAS ... 'cept if it turns out to be a newsletter -_-

Someone said UCL has another open day in February so we might not have to wait too long!

ReputationRep:
    Yhh I love that adrenaline rush when you get a email from UCAS ... 'cept if it turns out to be a newsletter -_-

Someone said UCL has another open day in February so we might not have to wait too long!
    And it's usually a newsletter...

Well, that's true but they could as well not reply until March, I mean, the longer you wait, the more annoying it becomes.

ReputationRep:
    And it's usually a newsletter...

Well, that's true but they could as well not reply until March, I mean, the longer you wait, the more annoying it becomes.
    True

If you don't wanna wait then you could always withdraw

ReputationRep:
    True

If you don't wanna wait then you could always withdraw
    Nope, I really have no idea to put as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I really have no idea to put as my insurance.
    Just wait till you hear back from Cambridge then you can go on from there

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge has already updated UCAS, the letter said they'll send me another pack in April concerning accommodation so I won't have to worry about it till then. Withdrawing options just takes away the fun

Why not? Atm I'm more inclined to LSE as it looks nicer.
    You think LSE looks nicer than UCL!? You don't mean aesthetically do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    You think LSE looks nicer than UCL!? You don't mean aesthetically do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LSE trumps UCL anyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    LSE trumps UCL anyday
    I didn't like LSE at all so didn't apply to it as a result :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel exactly the same, I was always going to firm LSE until I went to the open day, and didn't even end up applying. It lacked character and atmosphere for me. UCL seems more suited to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    I feel exactly the same, I was always going to firm LSE until I went to the open day, and didn't even end up applying. It lacked character and atmosphere for me. UCL seems more suited to me
    That confident are we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquid Gold.)
    That confident are we?
    Ha yeah funny, you know what I meant, it would be my first choice

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    My experience was the complete opposite to yours, I loved LSE when I first went; everything just felt nice and polished whereas UCL felt a little rough :P. That said they're about the same course-wise, if you include the Year Abroad then UCL wins hands down.

ReputationRep:
    My experience was the complete opposite to yours, I loved LSE when I first went; everything just felt nice and polished whereas UCL felt a little rough :P. That said they're about the same course-wise, if you include the Year Abroad then UCL wins hands down.
    LSE is nice in some aspects I have to admit,especially the lecture series they host. My cousin applied for Maths and Econ there so hopefully will live in London with him (sharing an apartment) close by, so I'll be visiting LSE quite often as well!
    Having the chance to attend Columbia University while studying at UCL is unparalleled in my eyes. UCLA is one option as well as all my family lives in Los Angeles and aunty studied medicine there also:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Economics Joint Honours

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking I'm realistically going to get AAB if I'm lucky and I quite like Southampton uni. They want AAA or AAB plus A in EPQ... So I've got to do well in the EPQ

I'm doing my extended project on shipbuilding in the UK. I've done a survey and if any of you could complete it I'd be really grateful!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WHG9Z5H

It's 5 simple yes/no answers Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah13579)
    I'm thinking I'm realistically going to get AAB if I'm lucky and I quite like Southampton uni. They want AAA or AAB plus A in EPQ... So I've got to do well in the EPQ

I'm doing my extended project on shipbuilding in the UK. I've done a survey and if any of you could complete it I'd be really grateful!

Done good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah13579)

See you at Southampton possibly just for straight honours economics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    See you at Southampton possibly just for straight honours economics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, just economics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.