Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippay888)
    Ok thats reasured me a little. I had another woman in my interview just to watch and when I said I forgot she gave me a clue , and then I basically said what you did but used an OCD example instead. Just think its a little strange you have found out and I havent so I really believe Ive been rejected. What about the written task , what did you write would be a challenge and what stuff did you put into the lesson plan ? sorry for all these questions Im just trying to compare as i was so disappointed with myself
    it ok! i was nervous waiting too.

I wrote about how it would hard to teach research methods. I said that some people don't like maths and get frustrated at the thought of doing it. But personally for me, it taught me a lot of skills in research and prepared me for university when it came to writing reports. I wrote that maths can be hard to grasp and there are a lot of new terms and words that are hard to underatand at first. But if taught efficently and simply it could be an alright module to do.

On my lesson plan, I put the psychology AQA specifcation outcomes for that social influence module and then my own personal learning outcomes that i wanted from the lesson. MY learning outcomes were that I watned the pupils to develop AO1 skills.

I hada box for the types of teaching methods i would use for the lesson (group work.lecture and independant study)

I did a starter activity and handing out of glossary key terms for portfoilos, then the main where i said i would split my groups into 3 and each of the groups would research one topic. Then plenery/feedback so i could gage the areas of weakness that i need to focus on for the next lesson. I said that i would do a powerpoint to tie up what we had learnt and I set homework for them to complete a KEY study worksheet on Zimbardo. At the bottom of the page, i had what i wanted to do next lesson (focus on AO2 skills).

ReputationRep:
    Massive well done to the person with an offer!

FINALLY got mine done today, so relieved. Now the anxious part really starts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    yay just received offer of interview from st marys all three choices have replied with interviews now. Phew :-) hows everyone else going?
    How did your Roehampton Interview go?

ReputationRep:
    I've got my King's interview tomorrow - just going through some current educational issues again at the moment. I'm quite excited but sure I'll be nervous in the morning.

Also heard I have an interview at Roehampton on the 16th so all my choices have got back to me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    I've got my King's interview tomorrow - just going through some current educational issues again at the moment. I'm quite excited but sure I'll be nervous in the morning.

Also heard I have an interview at Roehampton on the 16th so all my choices have got back to me now
    Is that for primary? I have one at Roehampton on the 16th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)

Ooh good luck fellow R.E applicant I have two interviews, still waiting on my third choice. Let us know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    Just checked track and it says I have an interview but no email??
    anyone know how to find the date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesBurrows)
    Yeh I applied for Primary. Sent my application on the 2nd so you should expect something within the next few days I think?
    Best of luck with the interview! Did you choose 5-9 or 7-11? I'm not sure if I'll get an interview as my personal statement is more geared to early years/key stage 1 but I did choose 5-9 so I don't know lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Best of luck with the interview! Did you choose 5-9 or 7-11? I'm not sure if I'll get an interview as my personal statement is more geared to early years/key stage 1 but I did choose 5-9 so I don't know lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I chose 7-11, much preferred that age group when I did work experience. Your statement should be fine if you chose 5-9! Have to provide a sort of lesson plan for a book of your choice for part of the interview. Don't know what to pick! Has to teach them literacy but can also relate to another subject. Sure I'll be fine though. I just want an offer now!

ReputationRep:
    Found it!
    its next Wednesday at mmu!

ReputationRep:
    Whoop just got an interview for Design Tech Secondary for Sunderland Uni for ne5 Thursday. I'm only being interviewed by one person and no presentation to do, just a chat!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Found it!
    its next Wednesday at mmu!
    Well done and good luck! I've applied to mmu, too. What course have you applied for and can I ask what are the specs of the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razberri)
    Well done and good luck! I've applied to mmu, too. What course have you applied for and can I ask what are the specs of the interview?
    It's for primary!
    I don't have any emails or letters yet! But as far as I'm aware it's a one to one interview, group discussion and you have to give a short presentation on a current educational issue!

ReputationRep:
    How do I get a copy of TSE from last week!! That's what's on my letter, I've subscribed but it's only from today?

ReputationRep:
    It's for primary!
    I don't have any emails or letters yet! But as far as I'm aware it's a one to one interview, group discussion and you have to give a short presentation on a current educational issue!
    Awesome I'm primary too! Only applied yesterday though so I might not hear for a few days.
    That sounds good, enjoy it, this is an awesome place.

ReputationRep:
    Ah got my date for Worcester changed to next Thursday. Getting super nervous now especially because my worried about my subject knowledge in History. I did a joint honours History degree but alot of my modules were either Irish history or more social history and the American South/Slavery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_jucie)
    How do I get a copy of TSE from last week!! That's what's on my letter, I've subscribed but it's only from today?
    Do you know any other teachers who may have it? Failing that, any links to schools as they may have a copy in a staff room you could have.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's for primary!
    Hey my UCAS came up that I have an interview at MMU tonight, but haven't got any emails yet either! Where did you find when the interview was??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Crikey. Just had an unsuccessful for my first choice :/ Wasn't actually expecting that for some reason, especially with no interview. Our souls.
    Ah well, here's hoping my second choice (who interviewed me this week) decide to offer me a place!
    Sorry about this. ): Much luck for your second choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesBurrows)
    Hey my UCAS came up that I have an interview at MMU tonight, but haven't got any emails yet either! Where did you find when the interview was??
    I clicked on where it says primary in red!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.