Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    His shorts lost him that!
    The crowd probably won it for Kokkinakis too. Still, it's amazing how many people have been winning after saving match points recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    The crowd probably won it for Kokkinakis too. Still, it's amazing how many people have been winning after saving match points recently.
    Kyrgios saved 9(?) and went on to beat Gasquet at Wimbledon last year. Insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Kyrgios saved 9(?) and went on to beat Gasquet at Wimbledon last year. Insane.
    So the tour is made up of mental titans or serial chokers... You pick : D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Surprised to wake up and find that Goffin lost to Baghdatis. Happy Murray survived in straights though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the tour is made up of mental titans or serial chokers... You pick : D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha. Berdych comes to mind there, for some reason....

Rafa now down 2-1 against Smyczek, he'll have to got to 5 if he wants to get through!

ReputationRep:
    Well, the match has gone to five sets - that might sound exciting, but the level of play has been quite dismal from both players.
    Awful from Nadal, average from Smyczek (who's a qualifier anyway) - at least relative to the other matches we've seen

At least the 5th set has started off better.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the match has gone to five sets - that might sound exciting, but the level of play has been quite dismal from both players.
    Awful from Nadal, average from Smyczek (who's a qualifier anyway) - at least relative to the other matches we've seen

At least the 5th set has started off better.
    Reminds me of Murray vs Verdasco in 2013. People talked about how epic it was but the reality was that for all but the final 2 sets, it was one player being bad and the other not much better than average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Reminds me of Murray vs Verdasco in 2013. People talked about how epic it was but the reality was that for all but the final 2 sets, it was one player being bad and the other not much better than average.
    Precisely. Nadal has looked like a nervous old man out there today - but this Tim Smyczek person is not like the other power hitters who have beaten Nadal, I'll be shocked if Nadal doesn't get over the line.

Edit: And Nadal survives 7-5 in the fifth set. Clearly had enough of playing poorly - this will be a big confidence booster.

ReputationRep:
    Incredible win for Nadal, fancy him to get through to the final now. Still on for my dream Rafa-Nole final!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Incredible win for Nadal, fancy him to get through to the final now. Still on for my dream Rafa-Nole final!
    Not if he plays like he did today, he wasn't playing anywhere near his best. But I'm hopeful...

ReputationRep:
    Awful from Nadal. Why doesn't he play this crap against Federer? Anyway I think he will make the final now at least. He has got a pretty easy draw and this was the kind of match to get him into form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Not if he plays like he did today, he wasn't playing anywhere near his best. But I'm hopeful...
    I know his level today was pretty crap but I think it's mainly confidence with him and getting back into his rhythm, he'll be boosted by the fact that he could've easily lost today and can push on from here with this new momentum. I'm not saying he's a lock for the final of course but looking at his draw and knowing Nadal I wouldn't be surprised to see him go deep now.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play from Tim (Don't want to try his surname off the cuff) to let Rafa take his first serve again at 6-5 after the idiot supporter. I wouldn't have done that for one.

Also the draws opening up for my man Gasquet, it's his year, I can tell.

ReputationRep:
    The tough five-setter that Nadal battled through may be a blessing in disguise, as he got a fair bit of match time under his belt. I hope he plays better in the next round though.

ReputationRep:
    Like others I reckon this was a great form bolster for Rafa. He'll no doubt be much sharper next round as he was abysmal today. Really got to tighten the serve up though, it was shocking today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Fair play from Tim (Don't want to try his surname off the cuff) to let Rafa take his first serve again at 6-5 after the idiot supporter. I wouldn't have done that for one.

Also the draws opening up for my man Gasquet, it's his year, I can tell.
    I'm dreaming of it. He's so underrated! His backhand, to me, tops even Stan's! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    I'm dreaming of it. He's so underrated! His backhand, to me, tops even Stan's! :coma:
    Such a nice friendly guy too, his backhand is the best i've seen for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Australians are doing well, four of them into third round once Hewitt finishes his match.

ReputationRep:
    Hewitt bottled it, oh poor Lleyton, hope thats not the end of his Aus Open existance..

Elsewhere I managed to stomach 3 minutes of Raonic-Young before I had to switch off

ReputationRep:
    Hewitt's last Aussie Open probably.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.