Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Bendtner on a free, we should be on that. Since no one is going to sign him we can pay him like £10k a week a pack of Snickers.
    Man required £30,000 per point I heard LOL.. And that's on top of a £40,000 per week contract

God am I glad he's gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Man required £30,000 per point I heard LOL.. And that's on top of a £40,000 per week contract

God am I glad he's gone
    He's world class. In his own world...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    He did, he loves our club.
    He has been a great serving, but his injuries have hindered his career.

Personally I would love him to go back to Brondby; would be nice to captain and end his career there.
    However I think we'd get more money from a bigger club.
    I would rather have Nastasic over Agger tbh..

ReputationRep:
    apparently we tried to get Smalling in a swap deal, wonder if we'll try do the same for Bartra.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    apparently we tried to get Smalling in a swap deal, wonder if we'll try do the same for Bartra.
    No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    No thanks.
    Why don't you like bartra

Pretty young and people were saying he should start last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I would rather have Nastasic over Agger tbh..
    Nastasic is a better prospect
    Agger is experienced, good in the air but very slow when isolated with a good winger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Nastasic is a better prospect
    Agger is experienced, good in the air but very slow when isolated with a good winger

who's the one that always scores own goals, Skrtl or Agger? I can't tell them apart.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we even considering Agger to bench for us if he can't even do a job on the bench for LFC?

It's about time Wenger found another young, Ligue 2, cheap as chips prospect.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Wenger is considering Agger it's just usual paper bull****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viriditas)
    Why are we even considering Agger to bench for us if he can't even do a job on the bench for LFC?

Ornstein has said the club are looking for a player who can play both CB and DM. That's a massive hint for Carvalho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Ornstein has said the club are looking for a player who can play both CB and DM. That's a massive hint for Carvalho
    Hopefully. I've read reports that chambers can play both postions too but I highly doubt that Wenger will settle with having just chambers..

If one of kosc - merta suffers an injury we're ****ed.. Coz then it's back to Arteta/flamini :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Or its a bait and switch :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viriditas)

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Not worth anywhere near £5m, the winners barely get £50m.
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/20...y-in-blue.html

Scroll down halfway to see a table called "Allocation of TV (market) pool in Champions League.

In 2010/2011, half of the pot (which was 43.3mil) was split between the 4 CL English teams (40-30-20-10% based on finishing 1-4th) and also in 2011/2012.

So that 10% was worth 4.3mil Euros. My only mistake was thinking that was in GBP but actually it's in Euros.

I think since then the figures have increased:

http://www.lawinsport.com/sports/ite...ategory_id=152

This source suggests that in 2012/13, the total TV pot for the domestic half was £71.7mil which would mean that extra 10% was worth £7.17mil

Feel free to show me any sources which contradict that. Obviously the other half of the TV pot money comes from how far you get in the CL.

ReputationRep:

Let's go to Turkey. P.s. Dyer is a waste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/20...y-in-blue.html

Scroll down halfway to see a table called "Allocation of TV (market) pool in Champions League.

In 2010/2011, half of the pot (which was 43.3mil) was split between the 4 CL English teams (40-30-20-10% based on finishing 1-4th) and also in 2011/2012.

So that 10% was worth 4.3mil Euros. My only mistake was thinking that was in GBP but actually it's in Euros.

I think since then the figures have increased:

http://www.lawinsport.com/sports/ite...ategory_id=152

This source suggests that in 2012/13, the total TV pot for the domestic half was £71.7mil which would mean that extra 10% was worth £7.17mil

Feel free to show me any sources which contradict that. Obviously the other half of the TV pot money comes from how far you get in the CL.
    :laugh: What about 4.3mn Hungarian forints or Zimbabwean dollars! €4.3mn is closer to half of £5m

But yeah it looks like it's increased. Still, never doubt the ability of AFC to sling a few prawn sandwiches vs Besiktas to make up the difference

ReputationRep:
    besiktas should be an easy win, travel to turkey midweek is a bit **** though.

lol about verm though, our net spend is lookin nicer than I thought. wonder if he'll just be outcasted like the other arsenal boys, its so peak whats happening to Song lol. heard him and affelay have a choice of leaving the club or playing with the reserves all season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    besiktas should be an easy win, travel to turkey midweek is a bit **** though.

lol about verm though, our net spend is lookin nicer than I thought. wonder if he'll just be outcasted like the other arsenal boys, its so peak whats happening to Song lol. heard him and affelay have a choice of leaving the club or playing with the reserves all season.
    Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

I have absolutely no idea what they see in him, Vermaelen's defensive failings were often masked by the fact that he would score, I think in his first season he got 8! There is this jitteryness about the team anytime he played over the last two seasons, the Spurs away 12/13 and Chelsea home 12/13 stand out. He's racked up a fair few injuries in the last couple seasons and he's a crackhead (BS twitter rumour! :rolleyes:) £15m for him is quite astonishing. Still good luck to the guy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol stfu, we'll win 5-0 aggregate.

and what happened with Song? i dont remember anything peculiar.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.