Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    I applied in mid October and still haven't heard yet :rolleyes:
    What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pat.bateman)
    What are your stats?
    I'm American so I took AP exams, which are graded on a scale of 1-5. I got 5s on Calculus BC, US History, World History, and French Language. I'm predicted 5s on European History, Statistics, and Economics. What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    I'm American so I took AP exams, which are graded on a scale of 1-5. I got 5s on Calculus BC, US History, World History, and French Language. I'm predicted 5s on European History, Statistics, and Economics. What are your stats?
    GCSE: 5a* 7a
    AS: 4As
    Predicted: 3A*

ReputationRep:
    UCL Vs LSE Vs Warwick??

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still waiting for UCL? I applied late October and feel like I've probably been rejected despite my grades being quite strong
    I didn't get an offer from them until March last year despite my grades/PS being quite strong, so just hang in there! They take long cos they force everyone to attend compulsory open days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    UCL Vs LSE Vs Warwick??
    LSE > Warwick ≥ UCL

My opinion though

ReputationRep:
    LSE>UCL>Warwick

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 5a* 7a
    AS: 4As
    Predicted: 3A*
    Wow well done! I hope they don't keep us waiting too much longer.

ReputationRep:
    What Up players, new here so I'm not entirely sure how these go but I'll try my best.

(i)GCSEs

5A*s, 5As and a C in English lit.

AS:
    AA in maths and econ
    BB in Chem physics

A2 prediction:
    A*A*B(Chem) and I dropped physics

Applied to:
    Durham (Econ with management with study abroad)
    Nottingham (economics str8)
    Leeds, Bristol and Sussex (Econ with management)

I applied quite late, around xmas time and so I'm assuming UNIs didn't read my application until early Jan.

Currently have four offers:
    Leeds and Bristol AAA
    Sussex AAB or unconditional if firmed (academically gifted mate )
    Nottingham for Industrial economics AAB (rang them and they give offers on a rolling basis, they literally ran out of offers to give by the time they read my application lmao, I do quite like the look of this course though. It's Abit like economics and management )

Hope all of you got the offers you hoped for, and anyone heard back from durham recently???

Nice 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done! I hope they don't keep us waiting too much longer.
    Thanks
    hopefully we get them within a week or so, I don't want a rejection at the end of march :'D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shilen)
    What Up players, new here so I'm not entirely sure how these go but I'll try my best.

(i)GCSEs

AS:
    AA in maths and econ
    BB in Chem physics

A2 prediction:

Applied to:

I applied quite late, around xmas time and so I'm assuming UNIs didn't read my application until early Jan.

Leeds and Bristol AAA
    Nottingham for Industrial economics AAB (rang them and they give offers on a rolling basis, they literally ran out of offers to give by the time they read my application lmao, I do quite like the look of this course though. It's Abit like economics and management )

Hope all of you got the offers you hoped for, and anyone heard back from durham recently???

Nice 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kwl

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I applied to durham,birmingham,queen mary,lse,soton and haven't got any offers yet
    All my courses are maths and econ (or something similar e,g at queen mary, bsc mathematics,statistics and financial econ)
    I got AAAB in maths,econ,physics,further maths
    Gcse:6A* 2A 3B 2C

Do I stand a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shilen)

(i)GCSEs

AS:
    AA in maths and econ
    BB in Chem physics

A2 prediction:

Applied to:

Leeds and Bristol AAA

Nice 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unconditional from Sussex for an AAB course? Wow mate, that's something quite admirable, you really must be a gifted student. Give tips plz

ReputationRep:
    @MrBowcat I did drop in my PS that I'm a youtuber with 20k subs #minecraftPowah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how many offers per place at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    12 offers per place for L100

ReputationRep:
    Er hello fellow prospective economists

I've received three offers for economics and i'm waiting for one more however am unsure which would offer the best career prospects I have aspirations for investment management or chartered accountancy.

My offers are

Industrial economics-University of Nottingham
    Economics and Finance- University of Exeter
    Economics and Finance- University of Manchester

Waiting for Economics and Accounting- University of edinburgh

any advice on which course is best in terms of career prospects and also general reputation ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

What course do you think is best with regards to career prospects: Econ at Southampton 3yr or Econ with year in industry at Bath? Not sure how important it is for a university to be in the Russell Group.

Thanks! Hope everyone gets their offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreia1110)
    Hey guys

What course do you think is best with regards to career prospects: Econ at Southampton 3yr or Econ with year in industry at Bath? Not sure how important it is for a university to be in the Russell Group.

I'd go with the Bath offer!It's pretty reputable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreia1110)
    Hey guys

Russel group is just a group of unis who get a lot of research funding, most of the top unis are part of it however Bath and St Andrews aren't for reasons I don't know but I'd personally go with Bath, the placement year is a big plus.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.