Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    Curled my hair with these Hair Wavz plastic tube things they are awesome! And bare faced for once :mmm:
    Pretty

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Person there to operate the brake on the truck since it was a slight incline i was pulling it up.
    For the record, I was only joking. Had a look at your lifts on your blog, defo miring those stats.

Slightly off topic
    Spoiler:
    Show

You said you did starting strength when you started out, reading your blog. What were your lifts by the end of it? And how did you know for sure it was time to move on. I ask because I think I've come to the end of the SS programme, 110/55/120 for 3 sets of 5, but if you have a look at my blog a lot of people are telling me this is too early, however I've been stuck on this weight for a while, I've maintained my calories since finishing uni but don't cycle the 6 miles to and from the gym so I don't think it's an eating thing, I'm well rested at home so don't think it's that either. I'm going to be starting Wendlers 3/5/1 but wondering if it is too early and what are the cons of moving to a more advanced programme too early and is there any benefits?

ReputationRep:

Here you go...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    For the record, I was only joking. Had a look at your lifts on your blog, defo miring those stats.

Slightly off topic
    Spoiler:
    Show

You said you did starting strength when you started out, reading your blog. What were your lifts by the end of it? And how did you know for sure it was time to move on. I ask because I think I've come to the end of the SS programme, 110/55/120 for 3 sets of 5, but if you have a look at my blog a lot of people are telling me this is too early, however I've been stuck on this weight for a while, I've maintained my calories since finishing uni but don't cycle the 6 miles to and from the gym so I don't think it's an eating thing, I'm well rested at home so don't think it's that either. I'm going to be starting Wendlers 3/5/1 but wondering if it is too early and what are the cons of moving to a more advanced programme too early and is there any benefits?
    I can't remember. I did it for 6 months then went travelling then did it again when i came back. My thread is a bit long(lol, like 3k posts) bu i think my numbers were about 115/70/140 for 3*5 of 5RM for deadlift. not 100% on this as it was 2 years ago. If you can be bothered to stalk my thread you'll find out the exact numbers.

Tbh if you want to change then change. If you're a newb you'll just make big gains each month on 5/3/1 and it'll be fine.

cons are slower progress
    benefits are more steady progress.

e.g instead of trying to add 10kg a month on a beginner program and failing and getting 0 you aim for 2.5 and get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kseniagru)
    Attachment 303833 Taken a few days ago on the way to the airport

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I can't remember. I did it for 6 months then went travelling then did it again when i came back. My thread is a bit long(lol, like 3k posts) bu i think my numbers were about 115/70/140 for 3*5 of 5RM for deadlift. not 100% on this as it was 2 years ago. If you can be bothered to stalk my thread you'll find out the exact numbers.

Tbh if you want to change then change. If you're a newb you'll just make big gains each month on 5/3/1 and it'll be fine.

cons are slower progress
    benefits are more steady progress.

e.g instead of trying to add 10kg a month on a beginner program and failing and getting 0 you aim for 2.5 and get it.
    Yeah I was thinking the same, it's pointless sticking to the programme if I'm not progressing with it. 2.5kg a month is better than 0 a month. As Wendler says in the book it's a lifetime thing, so I'm not too concerned about progressing too slow as long as I am progressing.

I'll try look through your thread and find exact stats just for curiosity sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    Don't fret I packed two hours before the time i had to wake up to get ready for my flight to Leb
    Procastination at its finest lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeceitfulDove)
    Curled my hair with these Hair Wavz plastic tube things they are awesome! And bare faced for once :mmm:
    What are those things? Your hair looks amazing! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Procastination at its finest lol!
    Ikr :lol: had about 1 and a half hours sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    you remind me of mariah carey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonriver96)
    you remind me of mariah carey
    I was about to say that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    Very pretty
    Why don't you post a pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilawar)
    Pathan genes strong, I'm mirin'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To celebrate my wannabe comeback I thought I'd share an oldish selfie of myself from when I still had long hair

#nofilter :hubba:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I was about to say that!
    great minds think alike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilawar)
    (Original post by Reptilian)
    Pathan genes strong, I'm mirin'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you bro. Pathan for life crew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Why don't you post a pic?
    I have, up there ^^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I am the thread starter. As the OP, I'll begin by attaching my picture first.

Also, just be friendly here, make sure every one feels welcome, the usual basically.

You don't look like a tamil from Sri lankan lol.

Nice pic

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.