The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ipanda99
Hey,
Yh I am thinking of going. Did u go to the open day? I heard some bad things about it like St Dominics does not help you with uni applications. So i am
not sure, but I guess I have to make my own judgment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I went to the open day :smile: liked it a lot tbh. I have a better chance of from salvatorian college which is a feeder school. Im choosing
- Politics
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Philosophy

I don't really mind about the whole uni app thing, atleast we got tsr to help us! :biggrin:
My mocks start tomorrow. I've done some revision but feel like I have done nothing and am genuinely terrified of failing, although I know it's irrational and I'm overthinking it. Wish me luck, going to need it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
My mocks start tomorrow. I've done some revision but feel like I have done nothing and am genuinely terrified of failing, although I know it's irrational and I'm overthinking it. Wish me luck, going to need it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, I bet you'll do great. My mocks start this week as well, but I have an inset day today. I thought that way at first but if you just try your best and you know that you've done all you can to do well, then that's all you can do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Yea I went to the open day :smile: liked it a lot tbh. I have a better chance of from salvatorian college which is a feeder school. Im choosing
- Politics
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Philosophy

I don't really mind about the whole uni app thing, atleast we got tsr to help us! :biggrin:

Lucky you!! I am actually not a Catholic but I hope to get in anyway. Im choosing
-Biology
- Psychology
- Chemistry
- Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipanda99
Lucky you!! I am actually not a Catholic but I hope to get in anyway. Im choosing
-Biology
- Psychology
- Chemistry
- Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, well i hope you get in and therefore see you in Bio and Chem! :P

good luck!
I finished my mocks today! Some people in my year still have exams tomorrow but those of us who don't have any don't have to go into school :biggrin: We have a school trip on Wednesday and then we'll start getting our results on Thursday...
Original post by DanielBaranowski
Ah, well i hope you get in and therefore see you in Bio and Chem! :P

good luck!

Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which is better in your opinion when applying for a school? A high grade in Psychology or a borderline pass (low C) in French?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So pumped for sixth form, but I have zero motivation to revise for my mocks (First ones, maths non calc and RE tomorrow :frown:)
Hoping to do:
-Biology
-Psychology
-German
-Geography :biggrin:
Also, anyone's school doing World Challenge? Mine's going to Ecuador and I really want to go, but not sure how safe it is out there!
Reply 2789
Anyone know how to make a revision timetable using TSR? If so please pm me!

Original post by Lisb
Anyone know how to make a revision timetable using TSR? If so please pm me!

You can use the Study Planner if you like. I'm not sure if it actually makes a timetable for you as I personally have never used it or tested it out but give it a go and see how it is. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
You can use the Study Planner if you like. I'm not sure if it actually makes a timetable for you as I personally have never used it or tested it out but give it a go and see how it is. :smile:

Heyyy everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, I doing my geogrpahy mock tomorrow and wondering if anyone can remember the question from edexcel unit 1 June 2014 paper?
please reply ASAP need urgent help
Original post by Danjones1245
Hey everyone, I doing my geogrpahy mock tomorrow and wondering if anyone can remember the question from edexcel unit 1 June 2014 paper?
please reply ASAP need urgent help

I'm doing the same paper tomorrow for my mocks as well, I don't think many people on this forum have done that paper yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2794
hi :3
i'm reading through all your posts and you've only just started mocks?? i've already done mine + got results aha idk my school is really crap tbh
also, with most sixth form applications do you think they use a first come first served thing bc i haven't applied anywhere yet :// i'm thinking of taking photography, psychology, media + english language :'g

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey does anyone else feel that in school they have done well in their mocks but then feel like they will not do well in the real thing??
Lol that maths exam
Got an a* in biology :woo:

That makes it 3/3 a*s so far!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crf2398
hey does anyone else feel that in school they have done well in their mocks but then feel like they will not do well in the real thing??

I'm the other way around. My school has rushed a lot of stuff to get it done in time for mocks so I feel like I don't completely understand certain topics. I figure by exam time I would have had enough time to go over and understand everything properly. Why do you not feel you'd do well in the real thing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
I'm the other way around. My school has rushed a lot of stuff to get it done in time for mocks so I feel like I don't completely understand certain topics. I figure by exam time I would have had enough time to go over and understand everything properly. Why do you not feel you'd do well in the real thing??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anybody got any tips for remembering precise in history?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest