Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    You could've said the same thing when Liverpool were 3 nill up against Crystal Palace, look what happened then.
    You were throwing everything forward to try to improve your goal difference. We weren't and would have attempted to see the game out, attacking as normal but without constantly bombing forward.

Also the fact that games like the 3-3 vs Palace are so rare shows that even if it was the same situation, chances are the losing team wouldn't come back.

You can never assume you would of comfortably won the game with 30 minutes to go.
    Not saying it's an absolute 100% guarantee, but it's by far the most likely option when 2 up with 30 mins to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You were throwing everything forward to try to improve your goal difference. We weren't and would have attempted to see the game out, attacking as normal but without constantly bombing forward.

Also the fact that games like the 3-3 vs Palace are so rare shows that even if it was the same situation, chances are the losing team wouldn't come back.

Not saying it's an absolute 100% guarantee, but it's by far the most likely option when 2 up with 30 mins to go.
    30 minutes is enough for one goal out of nowhere, Palace scored their first goal out of nowhere, Leicester could of done the same. I agree you were most likely to see the game out but you should blame the loss on your defence for crumbling against Leicester after the penalty, they are not Real Madrid ffs.

ReputationRep:
    30 minutes is enough for one goal out of nowhere, Palace scored their first goal out of nowhere, Leicester could of done the same. I agree you were most likely to see the game out but you should blame the loss on your defence for crumbling against Leicester after the penalty, they are not Real Madrid ffs.
    It's 2 goals out of nowhere they would have needed. I'm not saying the defence aren't to blame but the ref is too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Days like this that I long for the glory days of Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyppia and Riise.

ReputationRep:
    Up until the decision, we were fine and well on course to win. Afterwards, we looked completely different and went on to lose. I think it's reasonable to assume that had the decision not been made, we would've continued in the manner we had been and won the game. We wouldn't have switched to the way we actually played after the decision for no reason whatsoever.
    meh, ifs and buts i guess

bad refereeing decisions happen all the time
    fair enough that momentum changes but you still actually condeded the goals
    you still made the errors or had the defensive deficiencies to let the other team score 5 times, even if one or two were dubious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Days like this that I long for the glory days of Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyppia and Riise.
    Torres + Gerrard at AM though :moon:

I actually miss Gerrards cracking shots a lot even to this day. You were always on your toes when the ball was rolling towards him on the edge of the box.

ReputationRep:
    It's 2 goals out of nowhere they would have needed. I'm not saying the defence aren't to blame but the ref is too.
    No, only one out of nowhere goal was needed as the penalty goal (which could count as a goal out of nowhere, no one saw it coming) clearly shifted the momentum in Leicesters favour along with shocking defending that allowed them to score another 3 goals.

Yh, ref can be blamed but most of the blame should go on the defence.

ReputationRep:
    No, only one out of nowhere goal was needed as the penalty goal (which could count as a goal out of nowhere, no one saw it coming) clearly shifted the momentum in Leicesters favour along with shocking defending that allowed them to score another 3 goals.

Yh, ref can be blamed but most of the blame should go on the defence.
    I think it was more the injustice that shifted the momentum tbh, but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was more the injustice that shifted the momentum tbh, but who knows.
    When gap in the scoreline is closed, the team losing will always feel they can get something from the game and will get motivated to try and get another. In Leicesters case, the penalty closed the gap to 3-2 and there was still 30 minutes, you can bet your ass that they would be motivated to get something from the game, especially when you play at home.

ReputationRep:
    When gap in the scoreline is closed, the team losing will always feel they can get something from the game and will get motivated to try and get another. In Leicesters case, the penalty closed the gap to 3-2 and there was still 30 minutes, you can bet your ass that they would be motivated to get something from the game, especially when you play at home.
    But a complete collapse like we had isn't a normal reaction to conceding a goal. It's a special case that arose from the way we conceded. Also the goal out of nowhere that may or may not have happened would have been later so there would've been less than 30 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    But a complete collapse like we had isn't a normal reaction to conceding a goal. It's a special case that arose from the way we conceded. Also the goal out of nowhere that may or may not have happened would have been later so there would've been less than 30 minutes.

listen, the referee had a shocker - it was a clear foul on rafael and a nothing penalty
    however at the top level, at manchester united, there is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for such a crumble, such a lack of organisation when LEICESTER CITY score a goal against you.

yeah it wasn't at all just but you're still winning 3-2.
    screw the momentum change, you are manchester united against leicester city - if you can be 3-1 up and lose 5-3 to a promoted side you have no justification to defend those players.

ReputationRep:
    So will Terry. He's been doing well recently so I don't see why he'd be dropped
    You don't see why Demichelis will be dropped right?

Mangala has pace and strength, Demichelis will be done by the end of this season lets be honest. Chelsea's pace hurts teams and City will be smart to stop them that way.

ReputationRep:
    I guess Arsenal were the big winners this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I guess Arsenal were the big winners this weekend.
    Tbh Arsenal have had just as hard a fixture list as Chelsea atm so if we're 4 points ahead they're going to struggle to get ahead of us. So far we're both unbeaten.

no not you loserpool i mean the prides of london Chelsea and Arsenal. We'll be sure to rectify the situation when they go to fortress stamford tho.

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? A team that was 3-1 up with 30 minutes when the game was changed by a wrong decision was never going to win the game?
    Up until the decision, we were fine and well on course to win. Afterwards, we looked completely different and went on to lose. I think it's reasonable to assume that had the decision not been made, we would've continued in the manner we had been and won the game. We wouldn't have switched to the way we actually played after the decision for no reason whatsoever.
    MU shut the **** up already stop blaming the ref Leicester did a 4 goal comeback spin it any way you want but that's ****ing **** regardless.

Why hasn't Van Gaal been sacked yet since Moyes was doing better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    I'd take Markovic. He's a better prospect than Januzaj. That said the bs from Jam about him fitting in right away and rocketing off to a perfect start was never gonna happen. He's a year or two away from the first team. I'd probably take both Origi and Moreno too, especially for those prices.
    What happened to Moreno is a dodgy fullback?

Anyway Markovic has barely started at all. Same with Emre Can. Looking at it Liverpool need to gel, he can't just draft all the new signings in one game, look how that worked out against Aston Villa. When they gel then Markovic can get a run of games. Him and Sterling flanking Sturridge/Balotelli allows for good rotation. I think Markovic will still hit it off this season, but you won't see the best of him yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    What happened to Moreno is a dodgy fullback?

Anyway Markovic has barely started at all. Same with Emre Can. Looking at it Liverpool need to gel, he can't just draft all the new signings in one game, look how that worked out against Aston Villa. When they gel then Markovic can get a run of games. Him and Sterling flanking Sturridge/Balotelli allows for good rotation. I think Markovic will still hit it off this season, but you won't see the best of him yet.
    As i see it Liverpool have sme of the hottest young talents around in the likes of Moreno, Markovic, Can. The problem for Liverpool they are still a lot of potential currently, and paying a lot of money on potential rather than proven talent is currently backfiring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    As i see it Liverpool have sme of the hottest young talents around in the likes of Moreno, Markovic, Can. The problem for Liverpool they are still a lot of potential currently, and paying a lot of money on potential rather than proven talent is currently backfiring.
    Well look how paying a lot of money for proven talent is working out for United?

Liverpool are a team that need to gel and once they gel it's going to be tough to stop them. Moreno is a top quality fullback. So fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Yes it is and a part of me hates it. We bring players in, make them world class and they **** off to better teams and then it all just starts again. In this day and age it seems absolutely pointless nurturing young talent unless you're Barca/Madrid/Bayern/Chelsea etc beause everyone has ambitions and unless you're one of those teams you're never good enough

ReputationRep:
    The truth, Deshi, is that the only way you can keep players off those clubs is money and trophies.

And we're going through a bad few weeks right now, but Rodgers is dat guy still.

None of our players will be at threat next summer anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.