Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    As an individual applicant does my reference need to submit the reference before the 15th when my application deadline is?
    It is getting close and reference not done...getting very nervous now.
    As mentioned above, it does, explain to your referee that you didnt realise it had to be submitted by then and your really sorry for putting them out etc (I had to do this on Friday)

ReputationRep:
    Probably a stupid question, but your UCAS personal ID does change from when you first start to when they send you the confirmation email after you submit it? And its the one in the confirmation email you use? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Sent it off!

Do you have to wait for a confirmation email from them confirming your personal ID before putting in on Pearson VUE? Cos mine changed last year?

So scary sending it off you always feel like you've done something wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you apply in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does kings need you to have your degree in hand for grad entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam__)
    Where did you apply in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Liverpool (Grad)
    Manchester (Undergrad)
    Keele (Undergrad)
    Sheffield (Undergrad)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzw)
    Probably a stupid question, but your UCAS personal ID does change from when you first start to when they send you the confirmation email after you submit it? And its the one in the confirmation email you use? Thanks!
    Not a stupid question, I was confused as well. I think the ID you need is the one they send you in the confirmation email. When I applied last year mine changed from when I was doing my application to when it was confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool (Grad)
    Manchester (Undergrad)
    Keele (Undergrad)
    Sheffield (Undergrad)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks you too!! The wait begins 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a stupid question, I was confused as well. I think the ID you need is the one they send you in the confirmation email. When I applied last year mine changed from when I was doing my application to when it was confirmed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thanks for replying, glad it wasnt just me getting confused! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool (Grad)
    Manchester (Undergrad)
    Keele (Undergrad)
    Sheffield (Undergrad)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have completed UCAS too- Warwick; Newcastle; Notts; Swansea. Does anyone know when Newcastle interview? It may be a push for me but still good to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami731)
    UCAS sent me a new PID after sending my application. Is this the PID we are required to provide ukcat and gamsat? I have put the original one? Help?

EDIT: sorted!
    Can I ask how you sorted it please? Did you enter your PID before sending the UCAS form, and if so what did you do? I only ask as I did the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you applied to mate?

I've gone for same again this year. Notts, SGUL, Exeter, Plymouth, but unless a GAMSAT miracle occurs I doubt I'll be getting any interviews.

Hoping for more success next year when I have my MA completed, hopefully GEM will still be an option then!

ReputationRep:
    It is the Pearson website where we enter our UCAS personal ID for the UKCAT, isn't it? I've seen someone say it's Acer, or are they the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoeADeer)
    It is the Pearson website where we enter our UCAS personal ID for the UKCAT, isn't it? I've seen someone say it's Acer, or are they the same thing?
    Acer is for the GAMSAT. Pearson Vue is for the UKCAT I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Hello folks, another grad applicant here.

I was wondering what others do if they have been confirmed a healthcare assistant job, but have not had the chance to start yet? I have put down in my UCAS that I will be working as a HCA during my gap year etc, but was rather vague about it, just quite determined which I am. I did sign the contract and I am an official employee of the trust now.
    Do universities have any chance to check whether I am an NHS employee, and specifically at the trust I mention in my application; and do they do those checks at all?

Another problem is that my induction should have been in November, but unfortunately it has filled up - next one would be in January, but I'm likely to have interviews in January, and the one after is in March. Quite screwed as it is logistically nightmarish for me to get another HCA job in the meanwhile, might just volunteer in a caring home and do some tutoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Hello folks, another grad applicant here.

I was wondering what others do if they have been confirmed a healthcare assistant job, but have not had the chance to start yet? I have put down in my UCAS that I will be working as a HCA during my gap year etc, but was rather vague about it, just quite determined which I am. I did sign the contract and I am an official employee of the trust now.
    Do universities have any chance to check whether I am an NHS employee, and specifically at the trust I mention in my application; and do they do those checks at all?

Another problem is that my induction should have been in November, but unfortunately it has filled up - next one would be in January, but I'm likely to have interviews in January, and the one after is in March. Quite screwed as it is logistically nightmarish for me to get another HCA job in the meanwhile, might just volunteer in a caring home and do some tutoring.
    That soynds like a good idea, be careful where you apply as some unis like yoy to have the experienece before yoy apply (my phobe is throwing a tantrun, hence spellibgs)

ReputationRep:
    You need to use the PID they send you to log in to Track with. This is the PID you got when you first ever registered with UCAS - ie, your PID from when you applied to your undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    That soynds like a good idea, be careful where you apply as some unis like yoy to have the experienece before yoy apply (my phobe is throwing a tantrun, hence spellibgs)
    Sure, will do. I mainly talked about my other work experience, shadowing doctors of two different specialties, hospice work, some volunteering abroad etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    Sure, will do. I mainly talked about my other work experience, shadowing doctors of two different specialties, hospice work, some volunteering abroad etc.
    Oh that will be plenty I would think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    Where have you applied to mate?

I've gone for same again this year. Notts, SGUL, Exeter, Plymouth, but unless a GAMSAT miracle occurs I doubt I'll be getting any interviews.

Hoping for more success next year when I have my MA completed, hopefully GEM will still be an option then!
    I went for SGUL, Notts, Warwick and Durham (A100) in the end. My UKCAT is borderline for Warwick, and I have no idea how the GAMSAT went!

I think with the current threat of junior doctor strikes, the govt would be mad to mess around with the point of licensing at the moment, so hopefully GEM is around for a few more years at least.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.