Give me two mins actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
got to go make some dinner - but cheers for the games AR

Great to play with someone other then the PC, and random strangers... always feels so much more intense, and I concentrate so much more when its against an actual person.

Got bloody lucky in the first game.. was dominated for about 70 minutes, bar the first and last 10 - miricle that the score ended the way it did.

2nd game would have been pretty perfect, until you scored from the kick-off against me for your 2nd - always find that a bit embarassing! was pretty happy with my shooting though.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stage 3/6 of this application passed. Stage 4 & 5 are make or break.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Stage 3/6 of this application passed. Stage 4 & 5 are make or break.
'grats brah.

what application?
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
'grats brah.

what application?
Cheers pal

It's military
SA-1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cheers pal

It's military
Got so much respect for men like you.

Good luck bro
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cheers pal

It's military
interestingggg

how come you chose that route?
bittr n swt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Pimped Butterfly)

been too long

classic since day 1
Still go crazy when I hear this in the clubs
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
Got so much respect for men like you.

Good luck bro
Him applying for the military shouldn't make you respect him more
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Him applying for the military shouldn't make you respect him more
why not?

There are always certain careers that we respect more then others..

Different people will have different criteria and selections for what makes a career 'respectable' and what does not...

Certianly nothing wrong with someone respecting someone for going for a career in the military.. just as their is nothing wrong with respecting someone for going for a career in education or finance or nursing etc.

I mean, having worked in tough schools - I have a huge respect for those who choose to give years of their life to the frustraiting issues with our education system in under-funded areas.. I would equally imagine other people who have known people to experiance the hardships of the millitary, will respect anyone who chooses to take that path in life (especially given its not a very well paid path for the most part..)

-- all in all I respect anyone more, if they are willing to work hard for a career. so yes, I would confidently say I respect Tornado more, knowing that he is working towards a career in the military.

-- all in all in all: dont be a ****. even if you dont respect people in the military, the time to bring up that and mention it, is not right after he gets some good news about getting through an application stage... have some class man
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
why not?

There are always certain careers that we respect more then others..

Different people will have different criteria and selections for what makes a career 'respectable' and what does not...

Certianly nothing wrong with someone respecting someone for going for a career in the military.. just as their is nothing wrong with respecting someone for going for a career in education or finance or nursing etc.

I mean, having worked in tough schools - I have a huge respect for those who choose to give years of their life to the frustraiting issues with our education system in under-funded areas.. I would equally imagine other people who have known people to experiance the hardships of the millitary, will respect anyone who chooses to take that path in life (especially given its not a very well paid path for the most part..)

-- all in all I respect anyone more, if they are willing to work hard for a career. so yes, I would confidently say I respect Tornado more, knowing that he is working towards a career in the military.

-- all in all in all: dont be a ****. even if you dont respect people in the military, the time to bring up that and mention it, is not right after he gets some good news about getting through an application stage... have some class man
No, you've got the wrong gist of things. SA has said 'got so much respect for men like you', aka the military. Trying to say he works hard bla bla is besides the point. Handing out respect to everyone on this forum who's working hard for their career isn't what he meant; he's singling him out because of his chosen career. Unless he's singled him out for working hard for his career, in which case this is a useless discussion because I pose no objection to that at all, although I highly doubt that's the reason.

I'm glad for his application status and potential career progression. (very well done mate)

But having automatic respect just because he's applying for the military is a dumb idea. You know **** all about him as a person and our military regularly commits despicable atrocities, it's just retarded to say 'oh he's a soldier, ****ing brilliant mate, av a pint on me, you're a crackin human being'. Being in the military does not give you that elevation in my eyes.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, you've got the wrong gist of things. SA has said 'got so much respect for men like you', aka the military. Trying to say he works hard bla bla is besides the point. Handing out respect to everyone on this forum who's working hard for their career isn't what he meant; he's singling him out because of his chosen career. Unless he's singled him out for working hard for his career, in which case this is a useless discussion because I pose no objection to that at all, although I highly doubt that's the reason.

I'm glad for his application status and potential career progression. (very well done mate)

But having automatic respect just because he's applying for the military is a dumb idea. You know **** all about him as a person and our military regularly commits despicable atrocities, it's just retarded to say 'oh he's a soldier, ****ing brilliant mate, av a pint on me, you're a crackin human being'. Being in the military does not give you that elevation in my eyes.
I know the line your going for - but my point is that for different people different careers hold automatic respect. for some it will be the military, for others healthcare, for others finance etc. - Most of us have careers which instantly make us impressed.

Obviously to the other poster, the military is one of those careers.. and really there is no point in telling him what careers should he should not respect, as that will come from his own background and experiance..

So really it felt like your post served no real purpose other then to give you the chance to bring up your views on not respecting the military.. - which in my view, there is no need to do when someone just comes here with good news.

See, I actually agree with the line of not respecting someone just because its the military, but what I dont like is telling others what they should and shouldnt respect, or mentioning negatives, when someone has good news etc.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm impressed by Guardian writers. I can only dream about being able to cram so much bull**** into so few words.

Anyone else watched the first released clip of Jurassic World? It looks awful.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cheers pal

It's military
My fat mate applied to join the army and everyone was impressed with him.

I'm the only one who knew he applied to be a cook.
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
I know the line your going for - but my point is that for different people different careers hold automatic respect. for some it will be the military, for others healthcare, for others finance etc. - Most of us have careers which instantly make us impressed.

Obviously to the other poster, the military is one of those careers.. and really there is no point in telling him what careers should he should not respect, as that will come from his own background and experiance..

So really it felt like your post served no real purpose other then to give you the chance to bring up your views on not respecting the military.. - which in my view, there is no need to do when someone just comes here with good news.

See, I actually agree with the line of not respecting someone just because its the military, but what I dont like is telling others what they should and shouldnt respect, or mentioning negatives, when someone has good news etc.
The timing is irrelevant, I'm happy for his news. And if I had a strong anti-military stance, it's not like I'd hide it just because somebody had good news.

But I don't have a strong anti-military stance, I just object to people respecting it above other careers. And yes, different people have different reasons, but I'm a stereotyper and there's usually a small number of core reasons why someone respects military people more than others, and I object to those.

Just to reiterate, congrats Tornado
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
My fat mate applied to join the army and everyone was impressed with him.

I'm the only one who knew he applied to be a cook.
your posts being killing me recently :rofl:

especially in the relationship forums :lol:
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
x
I meant to say I respected his decision, a lot. It's a career that isn't very popular, isn't very well paid and is really tough and yet he's still chosen it because it's what he wants to do and that's respectful (not saying other careers aren't bdw).

The following is regarding the 'pointless conversation' about opinionated respectful careers.

Like fallen_acorns said, there are certain careers out there that some people are respected by some others a bit more for going in to. Doesn't mean that I respect every single person in the military because that's not true, but making a decision to go down that path is respectful IMO. There was a teacher at my secondary school who got 11 A*s at GCSE, 4 As at A level and graduated with a first class degree from Oxford in a science subject, and eventually he flew over to Africa to teach for free - again, I have a lot of respect for him for doing that. I can name a lot of careers that I would respect someone for going in to, and if someone said they're going in to them I would say the exact same thing that I said to Toronto.

I'm genuinely happy for and respect everyone here who are working towards something in their life. I'm not putting Toronto higher than say, sr90 or jam (seeing as I've spoken to these about career paths) or even you for that matter - so I'm not singling him out at all.

The whole respect thing for certain career paths is something that's characterised by opinions and you may well disagree, and that's fair enough. But arguing about any of my above points will be pointless because I probably won't see it like you do, and you won't like I do.

But yeah - congrats Toronto
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
x
Fair enough, and my bad for starting a pointless argument after stereotyping.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
your posts being killing me recently :rofl:

especially in the relationship forums :lol:
Cheers man

Fair enough, and my bad for starting a pointless argument after stereotyping.
Repped for being on of the few people to admit they were wrong on an internet forum.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads