The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
You always speak before the game ends..

And it always goes the oppostie way bro

:frown:

Not this time :biggrin:

Delighted at the moment..

Will feel the oposite once the joy of them getting knocked out fades, and I remember that this is not the result I wanted at all
What a great night.
Come the middle of March and Everton could be the only English side left in European competititon
Reply 2783
Original post by fallen_acorns
Not this time :biggrin:

Delighted at the moment..

Will feel the oposite once the joy of them getting knocked out fades, and I remember that this is not the result I wanted at all

Hopefully they're worn out for city too..

Tbh with you, nothing can make last night feel better

*sigh*
Reply 2784
Original post by shawn_o1
Come the middle of March and Everton could be the only English side left in European competititon

I really would like a British team to win something in Europe. I really don't know why we've been so **** recently (PL as a whole)
Original post by SA-1
Hopefully they're worn out for city too..

Tbh with you, nothing can make last night feel better

*sigh*

your right - nothing can heal last night...

But tonight is a bit like drinking after an injury..

It wont solve the problem, but it helps you forget about the pain for a while :redface:
So Liverpool haven't even lasted one tie? :s-smilie:
Surely more a negative that Spurs and Liverpool are out? Well for United anyway, because you'll still get 3rd. But it frees up their fixtures so makes top 4 more interesting imo.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Surely more a negative that Spurs and Liverpool are out? Well for United anyway, because you'll still get 3rd. But it frees up their fixtures so makes top 4 more interesting imo.

mentioned that in my first post..

Feels great in the short term that they lost

But your right, over the rest of the season, its the wrong result for arsenal
To some everything up I guess most of us are thinking like this:

1. Yes it's all nice and wonderful that Arsenal aren't the only side to muck up, now other team's can't slate us as bad as before because it's not like their club did any better etc.

2. But on the other hand, like said above it frees up their fixture list which would make top 4 all the more difficult to attain easily. Not only that but it makes English football look bad on the biggest club stages of them all.

Football's cray yo.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
To some everything up I guess most of us are thinking like this:

1. Yes it's all nice and wonderful that Arsenal aren't the only side to muck up, now other team's can't slate us as bad as before because it's not like their club did any better etc.

2. But on the other hand, like said above it frees up their fixture list which would make top 4 all the more difficult to attain easily. Not only that but it makes English football look bad on the biggest club stages of them all.

Football's cray yo.

Essentially Everton have to go all the way in the Europa League (or Chelsea have to overcome PSG and go far in the Champions League) if the PL is to remain among the top 3 leagues in Europe, otherwise whoever's fourth at the end of this season doesn't get Champions League football next season
Everton destroying some Swiss boy scouts, but other than that, the EPL has put up a pathetic fight this season.
Essentially Everton have to go all the way in the Europa League (or Chelsea have to overcome PSG and go far in the Champions League) if the PL is to remain among the top 3 leagues in Europe, otherwise whoever's fourth at the end of this season doesn't get Champions League football next season

It doesn't work like that. There's a delay so it would be the season after next.
Original post by Jgco2chem
Benzema would be perfect, Cavani?, Dybala, Falcao? Martinez, Bacca and Lacazette!
I feel Walcott is only good for counter play and I feel he lacks the power which Chamberlain shows!

Why would Benzema leave his comfy first team spot in the best club side in the world to join us? Same with Cavani, he is quickly becoming PSG's foreman with Ibra aging, and in a year or so, he will be the main man. Dybala would be overpriced for what he is worth and capable of, Falcao (lol, we already saw how that went). Martinez and Lacazette are good shouts except every team in Europe would go in for them if they knew they were available, Bacca not so much.

Nope, that's just been confirmed if Everton win EL and they are 5th,6th,7th whatever in the league they go into the CL group stages but don't take anyone's place. So there will be 5 English teams in total in CL.
Original post by Arkasia
Why would Benzema leave his comfy first team spot in the best club side in the world to join us? Same with Cavani, he is quickly becoming PSG's foreman with Ibra aging, and in a year or so, he will be the main man. Dybala would be overpriced for what he is worth and capable of, Falcao (lol, we already saw how that went). Martinez and Lacazette are good shouts except every team in Europe would go in for them if they knew they were available, Bacca not so much.

If real madrid buy cavani, psg will buy dybala and arsenal could get benzema, however I feel Falcao has something to prove and Van Gaal hasn't helped him or di maria, but realistically Martinez and Lacazette would be our best hope.
Original post by Jgco2chem
If real madrid buy cavani, psg will buy dybala and arsenal could get benzema, however I feel Falcao has something to prove and Van Gaal hasn't helped him or di maria, but realistically Martinez and Lacazette would be our best hope.

Why would Madrid buy Cavani when they have Benzema? Why would PSG buy Dybala when they have Cavani and Ibra?

Falcao hasn't been the same ever since his injury, and he is past the point where he can make a full recovery. Martinez and Lacazette would be our best bet, but even then it's reliant on which other teams bid for them, and many will.
Falcao's next destination would be somewhere like Olympiakos tbh
One poor match = Entire new strike force. You fickle bunch.

What we have is enough.
(edited 9 years ago)

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

Try reading the rules please, it's over a 5 year period. So unless every single English team is out before getting to the quarter finals, it is essentially mathematically impossible. There's also the fact that the coefficient increase per win is lower in the EL than the CL. So we're talking Juve winning the competition and a final contested between Napoli and Fiorentina and for Chelsea or Everton to lose their next games for us to be under Serie A.

It's not going to happen.
Original post by sevchenko
One poor match = Entire new strike force. You fickle bunch.

What we have is enough.

Could be improved upon but it'll do, more problems in other areas of the team.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest