Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    lol you've pretty much agreed with most of my points anyway so don't know why you wanted to quote.
    I agreed with some, not most - otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Also I'm not sure how or in what way Arsene is building the team around Ozil yet. One thing I can say is Alexis's game is being hindered for covering up for Ozil's lack of work rate. Look how deep Sanchez haz to play now I think it's such a waste.
    The fact Ozil cost £42.5m - our record signing - and that Cesc wasn't bought is a pretty big hint that the team is being build around him.

Alexis should be played up front if Ozil starts imo.

Also I didn't mention Benzema/Cavani's name. You did.
    Difference is you think there's a chance that we can lure and afford one of them.

It's nice to dream.

Which world class striker should we sign in the summer?

Bony was not City bound last summer. Swansea wanted 20m and he's very much worth that price tag especially when you compare it to the other transfers.
    I don't care if Mandzukic isn't a massive upgrade on Giroud. He's at the same level, if not better. He is a massive upgrade on Welbeck however and what we really needed was a partner for Giroud.
    Neither are 'world class', which is what we need, right?

Remy has done more for Chelsea than Welbeck has for us and yet he's starting almost every game. Remy was also around half the price like you've said so my point stands.
    Remy isn't your point - every Arsenal fan with half a brain wanted him.

Great, a brand new stadium and debt under control but nothing to show for it.
    We had to balance the costs of the stadium with our squad by buying average players and yet we finished in the top four every year.

That's pretty impressive.

We bottled the league last year and we lost the league this year within the first two months. We've also just lost 3-1 to a Ligue 1 side that isn't even challenging. There were no excuses for Wenger considering he had plenty of cash and options in the summer as you've already stated. Also leave out the dig, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I am not judging Wenger solely on the 9 year trophy drought but I am judging him on the way last season and this season has been. There is more than enough evidence to show that we are not progressing with Wenger.
    Are you suggesting Wenger out? If so, who should replace him?

This idea that Real Madrid/Bayern or PSG would bend over for Wenger is a myth. That statement hasn't been true for a few years now.
    Do you honestly believe that Lauren ****ing Blanc is a better coach/manager/director of football/businessman and has the same experience as Wenger?

Ancelotti replaced Mourinho, but guess who Perez wanted if Carlo turned him down?

Who did Bayern want to replace LvG? Who did they want if Guardiola rejected their offer?

The French national team want him after every major tournament too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

Do you honestly believe that Lauren ****ing Blanc is a better coach/manager/director of football/businessman and has the same experience as Wenger?

Ancelotti replaced Mourinho, but guess who Perez wanted if Carlo turned him down?

Who did Bayern want to replace LvG? Who did they want if Guardiola rejected their offer?

The French national team want him after every major tournament too.
    That's incredible insight you have there. Who's your source?

Bet it's Indykaila

ReputationRep:
    Who went to the game last night? Shower of sh*t performance orchestrated by an incompetant manager imo, tactically inept.

Giroud's l'equipe interview was top notch stand up tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    That's incredible insight you have there. Who's your source?

Bet it's Indykaila

Cba to respond to him anymore tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Wut? Walcott was one of our few decent players tonight, and Arteta has been solid whenever he hasn't been injured.

Agree with Flamini though, he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt anymore.

Giroud should be fined for his performance tonight, but which striker do you have in mind?
    Benzema would be perfect, Cavani?, Dybala, Falcao? Martinez, Bacca and Lacazette!
    I feel Walcott is only good for counter play and I feel he lacks the power which Chamberlain shows!

ReputationRep:
    liverpool maybe going out on pens.. spurs already out..

Its just beautiful.. thank you guys, for making me feel better about yesterday!

Spoiler:
    Show

I kid ofcourse.. both results are bad for arsenal, as it would have been much more preferable for them both to have extra fixtures over the coming period

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    liverpool maybe going out on pens.. spurs already out..

Its just beautiful.. thank you guys, for making me feel better about yesterday!

Spoiler:
    Show

I kid ofcourse.. both results are bad for arsenal, as it would have been much more preferable for them both to have extra fixtures over the coming period
    You always speak before the game ends..

And it always goes the oppostie way bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    You always speak before the game ends..

And it always goes the oppostie way bro

Not this time

Delighted at the moment..

Will feel the oposite once the joy of them getting knocked out fades, and I remember that this is not the result I wanted at all

ReputationRep:
    What a great night.

ReputationRep:
    Come the middle of March and Everton could be the only English side left in European competititon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Not this time

Delighted at the moment..

Will feel the oposite once the joy of them getting knocked out fades, and I remember that this is not the result I wanted at all
    Hopefully they're worn out for city too..

Tbh with you, nothing can make last night feel better

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Come the middle of March and Everton could be the only English side left in European competititon
    I really would like a British team to win something in Europe. I really don't know why we've been so **** recently (PL as a whole)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Hopefully they're worn out for city too..

Tbh with you, nothing can make last night feel better

*sigh*
    your right - nothing can heal last night...

But tonight is a bit like drinking after an injury..

It wont solve the problem, but it helps you forget about the pain for a while

ReputationRep:
    So Liverpool haven't even lasted one tie?

ReputationRep:
    Surely more a negative that Spurs and Liverpool are out? Well for United anyway, because you'll still get 3rd. But it frees up their fixtures so makes top 4 more interesting imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Surely more a negative that Spurs and Liverpool are out? Well for United anyway, because you'll still get 3rd. But it frees up their fixtures so makes top 4 more interesting imo.
    mentioned that in my first post..

Feels great in the short term that they lost

But your right, over the rest of the season, its the wrong result for arsenal

ReputationRep:
    To some everything up I guess most of us are thinking like this:

1. Yes it's all nice and wonderful that Arsenal aren't the only side to muck up, now other team's can't slate us as bad as before because it's not like their club did any better etc.

2. But on the other hand, like said above it frees up their fixture list which would make top 4 all the more difficult to attain easily. Not only that but it makes English football look bad on the biggest club stages of them all.

Football's cray yo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    To some everything up I guess most of us are thinking like this:

1. Yes it's all nice and wonderful that Arsenal aren't the only side to muck up, now other team's can't slate us as bad as before because it's not like their club did any better etc.

2. But on the other hand, like said above it frees up their fixture list which would make top 4 all the more difficult to attain easily. Not only that but it makes English football look bad on the biggest club stages of them all.

Football's cray yo.
    Essentially Everton have to go all the way in the Europa League (or Chelsea have to overcome PSG and go far in the Champions League) if the PL is to remain among the top 3 leagues in Europe, otherwise whoever's fourth at the end of this season doesn't get Champions League football next season

ReputationRep:
    Everton destroying some Swiss boy scouts, but other than that, the EPL has put up a pathetic fight this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Essentially Everton have to go all the way in the Europa League (or Chelsea have to overcome PSG and go far in the Champions League) if the PL is to remain among the top 3 leagues in Europe, otherwise whoever's fourth at the end of this season doesn't get Champions League football next season
    It doesn't work like that. There's a delay so it would be the season after next.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.