The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

So from the questions i can remember:

Q1.) was C
1b.) The scatter graph shows all data so can show any outliers too
1c.) i spoke about the advantages of correctional research being that they are two natural variables that occur and cannot be manipulated
for the disadvantages correlation does not mean there is a causal link
For the Behavioral six marker i wrote about psychopathology occurring due to learnt behavior and elaborated on the three types so social,operant and classical conditioning
for the 12 marker you shouldn't have written about Benzodiazapienes or beta blockers because it was about PSYCHOPATHOLOGY'S NOT STRESS.
so it would have had to be antidepressants, anti-psychotics, and ECT and used evaluative research like WHO or Comer
for the social change one you should have memorized the mark-scheme and added Moschovichi because it said research.
that paper was mad hard like they asked for research for nearly every question, I did find that paper hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kiranjott
Yea I said there's no causal relationship and other factors may affect the relationship between the 2 variables. For the advantage I put: helps show a relationship even when a variable cannot be manipulated experimentally? Do you reckon those will get me full marks?

They should do yeah, that's pretty much what I put except I elaborated on the fact that in some instances it would be unethical for us to manipulate the IV such as causing somebody to experience an illness (link to stress because they asked specifically about correlations to do with stress) and so in that situation a correlation is useful.
Original post by Lad lol
HOW ABOUT QUESTION ON BEHAVIOURAL METHODS WHICH EXPLAINED STRESS? I DID OPERANT AND CLASSICAL CONDITIONING. It was a 6 marker :/

I thought it was behavioural to explain abnormality not stress? I spoke about operant and classical conditioning leading to phobias and then a bit on vicarious reinforcement to explain anorexia.
I put B for the first question stupidly :/ and also wrote about systematic desensitization for the 12 marker, so i've already dropped 13 marks :frown: Did terrible in that one
Original post by deano321
No there wasn't. Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phew okay, thank you very much :smile:
Did anyone write that Tom was most likely to conform on the conformity question? He wasn't really part of the main question but it said Tom would go if both Zach and Kieran went and he wouldn't go if they didn't
Original post by Eleanor303
I thought it was behavioural to explain abnormality not stress? I spoke about operant and classical conditioning leading to phobias and then a bit on vicarious reinforcement to explain anorexia.

yeah i meant abnormality lol, i talked about the example of white rat and boy, and for operant conditioning, anorexia and bulimia
Original post by Fishhy34

Q1.) was C
1c.) i spoke about the advantages of correctional research being that they are two natural variables that occur and cannot be manipulated
For the Behavioral six marker i wrote about psychopathology occurring due to learnt behavior and elaborated on the three types so social,operant and classical conditioning
for the 12 marker you shouldn't have written about Benzodiazapienes or beta blockers because it was about PSYCHOPATHOLOGY'S NOT STRESS.
so it would have had to be antidepressants, anti-psychotics, and ECT and used evaluative research like WHO or Comer
for the social change one you should have memorized the mark-scheme and added Moschovichi because it said research.

You could have mentioned Benzodiazepines since they're anxiolytics and often used to combat abnormally high levels of serotonin, though yes you're right about not mentioning BBs.
Original post by Fishhy34

Q1.) was C

I got a tad confused with another advantage of scatter graphs, I put about being able to tell how many people were investigated as each cross represents a person. Do you know if this is a relevant answer?
Fingers crossed the boundaries will be lower 😇

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah hopefully! I've already dropped 15 marks🙈 because I'm sure that behavioural approach question said biological so I dropped 6 on that I got the first correlation question wrong because i put positive and because I ran out of time to answer to 4 mark questions👎🏼😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mogwai98
Phew okay, thank you very much :smile:

no worries :smile: how did you find it overall? was i right for the correlational question to say: strength: easy testable between two variables ///// weakness: could be other factors influencing the variables affecting stress
Original post by laurenrayment
Did anyone write that Tom was most likely to conform on the conformity question? He wasn't really part of the main question but it said Tom would go if both Zach and Kieran went and he wouldn't go if they didn't

no I disregarded tom's existence completely. I thought, "sheep, conformist little ant", and ripped out his name from paper in fury. Only zach and kieran were mentioned in my answer. Zach was a deluded fool, and oddity and most importantly a coward. Kieran was a bravehearted knight. A real gentleman. A winner and a lion amongst sheep.
Original post by laurenrayment

It said who would 'resist' pressure to conform, not who would conform! So you don't need to talk about Tom. It was only there to throw you off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Stress:
Tick box on correlation (1)
Scattergram (1)
Correlation strength (2)
Correlation weakness (2)
Daily hassles (4)
Behaviour types (1)
Behaviour types (1)
Behaviour type effects (4)
Workplace stress (4)
Sit (4)
Social Influence:
Informed consent (2)
Ethics (4)
Difference between C&O (2)
Normative social influence (3)
Informational social influence (3)
LOC (1)
LOC (1)
Resist (4)
Social change (4)
Abnormality:
Limitation of definition (2)
Behaviourist approach (6)
Psychoanalysis evaluation (4)
Biological treatments (12)

For anyone wondering! Any guesses on grade boundaries?
Original post by nat100000
Yeah hopefully! I've already dropped 15 marks🙈 because I'm sure that behavioural approach question said biological so I dropped 6 on that I got the first correlation question wrong because i put positive and because I ran out of time to answer to 4 mark questions👎🏼😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry about it... its over now. theres nothing you can do. i envisage the boundaries will be low anyway... chin up
personally you would definitely get a mark but from the mark-schemes i have read i haven't seen that point but it may be at an examiners discretion so they're judgement.
Original post by Eleanor303
I got a tad confused with another advantage of scatter graphs, I put about being able to tell how many people were investigated as each cross represents a person. Do you know if this is a relevant answer?
Original post by Diabolomenthe
Did it ask us about locus of control/ resisting pressure to conform?

yeah it did with that legend Kieran and that disgrace of a human being Zach.
answer to 4 marker on dealing with ethical issues Q8

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PSYA2-W-MS-JUN14.PDF

and question on psychoanalysis Q13

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PSYA2-W-MS-JUN12.PDF
(edited 8 years ago)
no worries :smile: how did you find it overall? was i right for the correlational question to say: strength: easy testable between two variables ///// weakness: could be other factors influencing the variables affecting stress

Overall, okay though I know I've dropped a few marks on some of the 2/4 mark questions. Think I messed up the why is lack of informed consent an issue one (what did you say?).
Yes, I think that is fine. I said something along those lines :smile:

Trying to work out if this paper was harder or easier compared to last year, so I know what the grade boundaries may be like. Any idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending