G'won peacocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I had to YouTube that
    Plastic fan m8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watford get innnn

Can see where Lyricals coming from, its the sort of joke the 'mandem' would make if that makes sense, not racist at all. Such an uptight white guy tryna whiteknight black people lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClitYeastWood)
    If you're going to make a (poor) joke, at least get your facts right. He might be of Senegalese decent, but he's French and plays for the French national team.It's like if you told me to **** back to Ireland when I'm English. It doesn't make sense.FYI, I have a huge keg of Irish blood in me, but I'm an English national.
    You PC Brah?

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Whatever floats your boat to be honest.Edit: Should also say, its 'black banter' admittedly, the Joke makes more sense when you say Senegal rather than France. Hardly racist, can't really be racist to my own race. If you interpreted it differently then that's your headache unfortunately. My facts were very correct. Sakho would have read the Joke himself and giggled.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    How bad are we? Klopp has only won 3 league games and one was thanks to a penalty (Swansea).

The last three games we've been as bad as Chelsea have been under Mourinho this season. Very worrying. We're basically in freefall and we have Leicester, Stoke and West Ham away, Arsenal and United coming up very soon...
    Don't worry. Playing United is like being gifted points at the minute. The rest you may be screwed in fairness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Based on form and effectiveness at the moment, I think we should be playing:

Orig
    Milner Lallana Ibe
    Lucas Henderson
    Moreno Sakho Skrtel Clyne
    somerandomeroffthestreet

Clyne needs someone who will go wide for him otherwise he's useless going forward. Moreno needs someone who comes inside hence Ibe and Milner get picked.

Coutinho in poor form and we should only play one of him or Lallana. Origi looks best suited for us up front with Benteke and Firmino looking shockingly bad for some £60mil.

Can looks good in flashes but then awful for other parts. He needs a couple more years of development before he's going to stop being a liability.

We're going to miss another golden opportunity to get CL football.

ReputationRep:
    We may have a chance in the EL tbh, games would be more open and arn't as physical as the PL games. We were just bullied off the ball today and it wasn't the first time, Newcastle and Palace did the same.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Never understood the obsession with Xmas day standing. Surely what's more relevant after having played 19 games (everyone once)? For example Man Utd play Stoke and Chelsea.
    We're going to get annihilated by Stoke in the same way you did at the back end of last season

Unless by some miracle we sack LVG before then

ReputationRep:
    I'm putting my hopes in the EL lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    We may have a chance in the EL tbh, games would be more open and arn't as physical as the PL games. We were just bullied off the ball today and it wasn't the first time, Newcastle and Palace did the same.
    We have a pretty small team and being a bit mentally weak doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    We have a pretty small team and being a bit mentally weak doesn't help.
    What were your thoughts on Origi today?

For me, he looked like the only forward capable of making something happen. Good to see his confidence is still going strong, maybe we should actually start him from now on?

I don't mind seeing a diamond with Benteke and Origi upfront, Can, Hendo and Lucas in midfield with Coutinho as the tip of the diamond.

Playing three number 10's in Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho leaves us blunt unless it's against a team like City who tries to play out of the back and be vulnerable to our pressing and give space. 90% of the games in the PL aren't going to be like that and hopefully Klopp will learn this about the PL.

ReputationRep:
    What were your thoughts on Origi today?

For me, he looked like the only forward capable of making something happen. Good to see his confidence is still going strong, maybe we should actually start him from now on?
    I thought Origi and Henderson were the only ones to come out with any credit today. The problem is that Origi is still young and he makes small mistakes which are more likely to knock his confidence if the rest of the team aren't performing.

Firmino was terrible upfront by himself and only once Origi came on, it looked like we had a focal point. Made good runs and tried to link up. I'd tell him he did a good job today.

Some of Henderson's passing today was phenomenal

Rest of them were terrible though.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Origi and Henderson were the only ones to come out with any credit today. The problem is that Origi is still young and he makes small mistakes which are more likely to knock his confidence if the rest of the team aren't performing.

Firmino was terrible upfront by himself and only once Origi came on, it looked like we had a focal point. Made good runs and tried to link up. I'd tell him he did a good job today.

Some of Henderson's passing today was phenomenal

Rest of them were terrible though.
    Yh, I edited that post stating that a front 3 of Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino would do well against teams that would play out the back and afford them space (eg City) as they can press the **** out of them and score from a counter. This is why I'm a little bit more hopeful in the EL where those 3 can thrive in the open games.

Against a typical PL opposition, they won't physically stand a chance and 90% of the games won't be like the City one. Origi seems to be our only solution in our attack (Ings being injured has been a loss), Benteke isn't able to link up like he can but as you said, he is still young and we don't want to pile a huge amount of pressure on him and watch him crumble and fail which is why I want him to start with Benteke in a diamond.

ReputationRep:
    Yh, I edited that post stating that a front 3 of Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino would do well against teams that would play out the back and afford them space (eg City) as they can press the **** out of them and score from a counter. This is why I'm a little bit more hopeful in the EL where those 3 can thrive in the open games.

Against a typical PL opposition, they won't physically stand a chance and 90% of the games won't be like the City one. Origi seems to be our only solution in our attack (Ings being injured has been a loss), Benteke isn't able to link up like he can but as you said, he is still young and we don't want to pile a huge amount of pressure on him and watch him crumble and fail which is why I want him to start with Benteke in a diamond.
    I think we should just play Origi at home and Benteke away from home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You PC Brah?

PRSOM.
    With a username like mine? Nah don't think so, "brah".

Racism is toxic and has no place with banter. LP is trivialising that fact and so are the half dozen of people who rep'd her. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

"It's ok to say racist things because it's my race and I'm entitled to criticise and ridicule them for the purpose of 'comedy'. It's just banter and I'm sure they'd laugh along with me too". Simply childish and full to the rim of ignorance. Can a rape victim make jokes about it simply because she's part of that "group"? Sickening.

I stand by what I said and I'll say no more.

ReputationRep:
    We've been so terrible against lesser teams.

Yeah it's one thing bigging up the players to defeat the likes of Chelsea and City, but points-wise that doesn't mean a thing if we're losing to Palace/Newcastle/Watford.

It's clear that the honeymoon period is over and it's painfully obvious that we're lacking consistent players with a winning mentality. Klopp desperately needs to bring in a few Dortmund players who know how to churn out results when expectation is fairly high.

That being said, aside from the Klopp factor I don't really see why any half decent player would come to us.
    We're gonna have to spend big in January because if we don't we can kiss top 4 goodbye yet again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClitYeastWood)
    With a username like mine? Nah don't think so, "brah".

Racism is toxic and has no place with banter. LP is trivialising that fact and so are the half dozen of people who rep'd her. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

"It's ok to say racist things because it's my race and I'm entitled to criticise and ridicule them for the purpose of 'comedy'. It's just banter and I'm sure they'd laugh along with me too". Simply childish and full to the rim of ignorance. Can a rape victim make jokes about it simply because she's part of that "group"? Sickening.

I stand by what I said and I'll say no more.
    Lol, shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Lol, shut up
    On your bike, white knight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    We've been so terrible against lesser teams.

Yeah it's one thing bigging up the players to defeat the likes of Chelsea and City, but points-wise that doesn't mean a thing if we're losing to Palace/Newcastle/Watford.

It's clear that the honeymoon period is over and it's painfully obvious that we're lacking consistent players with a winning mentality. Klopp desperately needs to bring in a few Dortmund players who know how to churn out results when expectation is fairly high.

That being said, aside from the Klopp factor I don't really see why any half decent player would come to us.
    We're gonna have to spend big in January because if we don't we can kiss top 4 goodbye yet again...
    Can we really call them lesser teams when we've lost twice and drawn once against them?

It doesn't feel like we've really got our foot into any of those games? Watford and Newcastle were all over us in particular.

I guess FSG are going to have to back Klopp with money but he's clever enough to know he'll get more value in the summer and therefore be able to change more of the squad.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.