Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    In the next hour or so I promise to crack E/Z isomerism and the reactants/conditions for chemical reactions of alkenes...any tips for organic chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Are you sure? We have a different syllabus so it might not be as useful. But here's a link anyway:
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/fin...istry&level=AH
    Yeh a quick peak shows we the multiple questions are too different. I thought the chemistry would have been the same we learn but stuff like entropy we don't do in AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba.saba)
    A-levels are killing me not ready for exams! Dying nothing is going into my head, any tips!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What subjects do you do? I find that working at the same time as a friend helps me, then we can keep each other in check if we get distracted. But for it to go into your head, I guess just finding the revision technique helps too - I love spider diagrams to summarize then do related exam questions, but my other friend hates them!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll do practice NMR questions this evening

ReputationRep:
    Chem 2 past paper followed by a chem 1 past paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    :lovehug:
    :hugs: :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Oh god, I'm so sorry Anon. Not that me being sorry is going to be of any use whatsoever, but still. :hugs: - I'm sure that your practical is going to end up with better marks than you think it will, although maybe not as good as you'd hoped for or expected but still, it happens. Try visiting lost and found tomorrow or literally just search the entire place with a fine tooth comb, get a few friends to help you and add some manpower to the search. If you need any help with the maths homework at any literally anytime, please PM or tag or quote me or whatever and I'll drop everything and help, promise. :yep:

Hope you feel better! :hugs: <3
    Tysm, Zain. You are too nice. :hugs: :heart: I appreciate your kind words + support. I'll PM you if I'm struggling, yes. Thanks for being so lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, life goes on. I just realised that I've got a statistics test tomorrow though so I need to revise for that before then but first I'm just going to do a maths paper! Will update at 12:00am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba.saba)
    A-levels are killing me not ready for exams! Dying nothing is going into my head, any tips!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, try not to get worked up about it. :hugs: You'll be okay and you will be ready by the time they come round. :yep:

Well, I wouldn't advise thinking about everything that you've got to do/learn before the exams. Just take it one step at a time.- Start with a single task and once you have completed that then move onto the next, otherwise you might feel overwhelmed + stuff. ^-^

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Don't worry about it, my PM's (almost accidentally typed PMS there lol) are always there. :yep: Good luck with stats revision! <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GamingandMaths)
    Attachment 521989
    @Zacken - could you please talk me through question 7b ii please? The answer is 10/11 but marks schemes don't explain to you how you got there

Mark scheme: Attachment 521993

All the other parts are fine, just that one :F

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    @Zacken
    Is that how you tag?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Better quality photos:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460580227.560755.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  145.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1460580244.586437.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  110.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An update from me, well it was quite constructive, got a lot of programming done tonight and I feel accomplished. Also done half a business exam paper (where I dropped marks in my mock) and it went relatively well. How are you all doing?

So sorry to hear about the ring Anon :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, my PM's (almost accidentally typed PMS there lol) are always there. :yep: Good luck with stats revision! <3
    (': Thank you.

@Zacken
    Is that how you tag?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tagging + stuff doesn't work on the mobile app! I've tagged him for you though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I had my Chemistry practical exam today and I entirely messed up. My table was an absolute absolute disaster, my titres were not concordant either and I was forced to make up a set of results.- something which I didn't want to have to do. It's extremely irritating as well as disappointing considering I usually complete them without any issues at all during class practices. Perhaps bc it was an unusual + unfamiliar type of titration, it resulted in me becoming totally quillfonked. I left sixth form early as a result which meant that I missed Biology class and now have to spend the evening catching up. I also lost my labradorite ring today which was bought quite recently for me by my mum. Not only was it v pretty but it had a lot of sentimental value attached to it. I am v upset about it and I would v much like to retrace my steps in an attempt to find it but I don't know where to start. Despite the fact my Maths homework got an extended deadline, I don't believe I have any chance of completing it by tomorrow. Sorry for all the negativity, I also won't be participating in any revision tonight but good luck to those who are.
    I'm really sorry to hear that your day didn't go well Anon_98 and I genuinely hope that you do better in your chemistry than you think you did. Just remember...

ReputationRep:

You have two possibilities, either they are both chosen, so that's fixed. Now you have to choose 3 more people (2 have already been chosen so there are 3 places left) from the remaining pool of 5 people. That's ^5\mathrm{C}_3 Now you could also have that neither of them are chosen so ave 5 people to choose from and to fill 5 places. That's ^5\mathrm{C}_5.

So the total number of ways to choose people where the condition is that J and J are either both chosen or aren't chosen is ^5 \mathrm{C}_5 + ^5\mathrm{C}_3.

The total number of ways to choose people where the condition is only that J and J are both chosen is ^5\mathrm{C}_3.

So the probability is the total number of ways to choose both J and J over the total number of ways to choose both J and J or neither J and J.

That's \displaystyle \frac{^5\mathrm{C}_3}{^5 \mathrm{C}_5 + ^5\mathrm{C}_3}
    Thanks for the tag.

ReputationRep:
    You have two possibilities, either they are both chosen, so that's fixed. Now you have to choose 3 more people (2 have already been chosen so there are 3 places left) from the remaining pool of 5 people. That's ^3\mathrm{C}_5 Now you could also have that neither of them are chosen so ave 5 people to choose from and to fill 5 places. That's ^5\mathrm{C}_5.

So the total number of ways to choose people where the condition is that J and J are either both chosen or aren't chosen is ^5 \mathrm{C}_5 + ^3\mathrm{C}_5.

The total number of ways to choose people where the condition is only that J and J are both chosen is ^3\mathrm{C}_5.

So the probability is the total number of ways to choose both J and J over the total number of ways to choose both J and J or neither J and J.

That's \displaystyle \frac{^3\mathrm{C}_5}{^5 \mathrm{C}_5 + ^3\mathrm{C}_5}

Thanks for the tag.
    The explanation to that was great, thank you

However, would it not be 5C3 as the number to the left of the C always must be greater than or equal to the number on the right?

Thanks again though, much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    However, would it not be 5C3 as the number to the left of the C always must be greater than or equal to the number on the right?
    Whoops, yes you're right. I tend to be a little illiterate and dumb around this time of the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labrador99)
    X
    Thank you v much for that; really sweet of you.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, it's 12:00 and I'm still doing Maths stuff. I'm going to stay up until it's all been completedd. Hopefully it won't be any later than 3am.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.