Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Thanks. They've just ignored my request for them to be more specific so it seems. Urgh. Or am I being that unreasonable? I've got to have someone with me (I've got various issues communicating and need someone who knows me well to translate into simple English) as well. Clearly have nothing better to do than wait around anything up to 2 hours just for someone to come and visit me.
    No, you're not being unreasonable. Having such a huge time gap for them to arrive would set off my anxiety and panic attacks. I know they can't always give an exact time but a two hour gap is huge when you are dreading an appt. I'm glad you have someone with you, that'll hopefully show them that you do need help and PIP. Hopefully your medical won't take too long and you get someone who is empathic to your problems. Mine only tool about half an hour and the nurse who done it was pretty nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just moved to London and saw new GP this morning who has made an urgent referral to the assessment team. They called me and said they were concerned because I'd stopped the clozapine and apparently sounded paranoid. They wanted me to see the crisis team but declined as they don't know me so would probably over react to what I say and section me or something. URGH.

sometimes help appears in unlikely places.
    ok so it isnt the professional doctory help that ppl keep badgering me about but it is a small step in a direction of more openness.
    obviously wont mention the nightmares etc, want to maintain a perfect picture of mental composure bc absolutely nothing is getting in the way of this year but maybe it will help with some of the things that cause the underlying anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    Got a docs appt at 8:40am tomorrow to discuss my GP writing a letter or something to support my mandatory reconsideration for PIP. My docs surgery is notorious for denying letters so wish me luck for that and getting up so early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Got a docs appt at 8:40am tomorrow to discuss my GP writing a letter or something to support my mandatory reconsideration for PIP. My docs surgery is notorious for denying letters so wish me luck for that and getting up so early
    Good luck :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to go back to the GP after not following through with a self-referring service she provided. It didn't seem very helpful, a load of talking therapy which ive tried in the past and just makes me upset. I truly feel I need to be put on some sort of medication but don't think she'll go for it because of my age

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had my first exam in one of my modules today. I left the room with a huge grin as I've failed this class twice and I thought I'd done really well this time around. I got a D. Can't believe it. I really thought I'd got it this time. Getting all kinds of horrible thoughts and the voices are finding this hilarious making me feel even more stupid and pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Had my first exam in one of my modules today. I left the room with a huge grin as I've failed this class twice and I thought I'd done really well this time around. I got a D. Can't believe it. I really thought I'd got it this time. Getting all kinds of horrible thoughts and the voices are finding this hilarious making me feel even more stupid and pathetic.
    Don't be hard on yourself you've done better and that's the main thing! Have you managed to speak to your personal tutor and/or the disability services at all?

ReputationRep:
    Off to my assessment with the new mental health team. Fingers crossed I don't get sectioned!

ReputationRep:
    Not sectioned but referred to crisis team.

Never been on this section , how does it work

Never been depressed till now , well worse than tht tbh. Need some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Hi, I'm Cesca, and welcome to MHSS! We're a support group, so basically we use this thread to help and support each other, as well as general chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Don't be hard on yourself you've done better and that's the main thing! Have you managed to speak to your personal tutor and/or the disability services at all?
    No I haven't. I don't have a personal tutor and I don't even know what to say to the disability services. I just don't know where to start or what they could do to help me anyway.

I just had another test (in a different module) and the questions required a lot of thought but the voices were laughing and shouting the whole time so I'm sure I've failed that one too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Does anyone close to you know what you're going through at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck in limbo because I just want my summer to be over but I'm also terrified about going back to university and breaking down again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    I'm stuck in limbo because I just want my summer to be over but I'm also terrified about going back to university and breaking down again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hiya :hugs: Do you have any support at uni? What you're geeling is ome of my biggest fears at uni too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Feeling the same! I've really struggled this summer, but I've reached a stable point which I don't want to be disturbed by going back to uni
    Do you have friends at uni who know what you're going through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Hiya :hugs: Do you have any support at uni? What you're geeling is ome of my biggest fears at uni too.
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Feeling the same! I've really struggled this summer, but I've reached a stable point which I don't want to be disturbed by going back to uni
    Do you have friends at uni who know what you're going through?
    I do have support at uni and I have a few people in life in general who know that something is wrong. I have so many people who would do almost anything to help me yet I'm still scared and sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Just moved to London and saw new GP this morning who has made an urgent referral to the assessment team. They called me and said they were concerned because I'd stopped the clozapine and apparently sounded paranoid. They wanted me to see the crisis team but declined as they don't know me so would probably over react to what I say and section me or something. URGH.
    I've stopped my clozapine too I'm scared that if I tell my CPN she'll put me back in hospital

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I've stopped my clozapine too I'm scared that if I tell my CPN she'll put me back in hospital
    Why did you stop? You should really tell her, you won't go back into hospital unless you're a threat. :hugs:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.