Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudamh)
    Yeah, I firmed an offer from a more highly ranked university. It was cerainly risky and I still believe I made the right decision, although it's becoming increasingly difficult to accept that. Thank you for that, I'm sure you are too
    I'm (hopefully) starting law in September too - I'm guessing you are too from the gavel in your picture. May I ask which uni you firmed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    I'm (hopefully) starting law in September too - I'm guessing you are too from the gavel in your picture. May I ask which uni you firmed?
    Yes, well spotted! Good choice I firmed Durham, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedanticStudent)
    Don't worry for worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.

Honestly, what will be will be. Worrying yourself sick will change nothing, all our fates will be sealed by now. Try to stop thinking of it by occupying your wandering mind with something. :yes:

I was terrible before nearly all of my exams. Must've had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep the nights prior. Exercise and not revising anywhere near sleeping time are essential in my view.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by PQ)
    Drugs

Piriton is amazing for making you drowzy enough for a good night's sleep (well I find it is).

My OH uses natrasleep or 5HTP.

A bit of chemical assistance to get the sleep you need when your brain is working against you is fine.

Or alternatively I find listening to the radio on a low volume is often enough to distract me but not engage me so I can drop off (radio 4 Gardeners Question Time is my favourite at the moment - it's not boring but it's not exciting enough to keep me awake so with a dark room and 45 minutes I'll usually be gone before it finishes).

I've known some people who swear by listening to ASMR videos to get them to sleep - might be worth a try if it's getting to be an issue.
    Hi thank you both for such a thorough response, I appreciate it! I have tried the typical YouTube 'insomnia videos' but to no avail - many thanks for the piriton recommendation, I'll definitely tell my mam to get some ASAP. I'm usually fine with results but these results mean a lot more than anything I've received in the past. Despite knowing worrying isn't going to change my results, I just can't help reliving every exam on an evening - ugh. Not long to go I guess.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Uggh this is so nerve-wracking, but no worse than waiting for BMAT results.

ReputationRep:
    so... Unis got results yet?

(Original post by MrSplash)
    so... Unis got results yet?
    Nope. They'll get them the weekend before results.

(Original post by Cadherin)
    Uggh this is so nerve-wracking, but no worse than waiting for BMAT results.
    Do not mention the name of that wretched test on this thread. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    That will be the university updating their entry requirements for 2017 applicants.
    Good job I'm a year early 😂

Tfw your dad is talking to you about uni finances and you have to act like you're actually going to the uni in question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Do not mention the name of that wretched test on this thread. :afraid:

Yeah, I applied to 3 BMAT Unis, got 9.0, 4.5, 2A and still got 4 pre-interview rejections

Better luck next time I suppose! (Although a couple from my school got into Imperial and Newcastle by ringing up on Reuslts Day with 2A*+). If pigs might fly, that might happen to me as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Doesn't really help that Cambridge is bloody gorgeous does it?

I follow a twitter account that posts pics of the different colleges etc and I see them every time I scroll down my feed

It's like torture ;_;
    Can so relate to this!!! My heart is set on Cambridge but I feel convinced I've missed my offer 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    UEA law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephinemar25)
    Can so relate to this!!! My heart is set on Cambridge but I feel convinced I've missed my offer 😭
    Oh my goodness same😩😩 I was so shocked to get an offer, yet if I get the grades I got last year I'll be in clearing 😂 what college and what subject are you? If you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This poll shows exactly how unrepresentative TSR is as a measure of the total population. Considering C is the average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsybearboho)
    Oh my goodness same😩😩 I was so shocked to get an offer, yet if I get the grades I got last year I'll be in clearing 😂 what college and what subject are you? If you don't mind me asking? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chemical engineering at Fitzwilliam, I was likewise surprised to receive an offer. How about you?? 😄 Probably a silly question but do you think there is a any chance they would be lenient 😬

Honestly, I'll go mad if I don't meet my offer, literally all the work I've done for the past 2-3 years was to get there :cry2:

It's so beautiful though, so much of an upgrade from the miserable little town I live in.

ReputationRep:
    Chemical engineering at Fitzwilliam, I was likewise surprised to receive an offer. How about you?? 😄 Probably a silly question but do you think there is a any chance they would be lenient 😬
    English at Murray Edwards - I'm not sure - there's always one or two people that are lucky each year but it's so difficult to predict 😬 the best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm genuinely hoping that my interview scores are high and my background is bad enough for them to let me in with A*AA :cry2:
    But in reality, they over offer and expect people to miss them. It'll be so awful if I miss mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emsybearboho)
    English at Murray Edwards - I'm not sure - there's always one or two people that are lucky each year but it's so difficult to predict 😬 the best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes best of luck to you to. Will be glad when the waiting is all over and I know either way what the decision is 😅

(Original post by Cadherin)
    Yeah, I applied to 3 BMAT Unis, got 9.0, 4.5, 2A and still got 4 pre-interview rejections

Better luck next time I suppose! (Although a couple from my school got into Imperial and Newcastle by ringing up on Reuslts Day with 2A*+). If pigs might fly, that might happen to me as well!
    I'm sorry man I was actually in a very similar position to you in Year 13 - I too applied to 3 BMAT Uni's and got 4 pre-interview rejections (but I didn't get a 9 - congrats!). I reapplied and am happy at Imperial now though so I'm sure it'll end up working out for you.

I tried my luck at calling up Med Schools on results day but to no avail. Are you going to reapply next year?*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.