Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bshrestha)
    What are you talking about... your grades are amazing. Management requirement is AAB and you got predicted A*AA, that's obviously not an underachiever.
    I was talking about my IGCSE grades.. they aren't the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hieuluu)
    I was talking about my IGCSE grades.. they aren't the best
    Well I still think your grades are good enough! Congrats Did they specify what you have to get in each subject?

ReputationRep:
    You know what lse? I'm done with you. I just can't let you play with my feelings like that anymore. I'm sick and tired of these emails telling me to wait "5 more weeks", "7 more weeks" etc. If you really wanted me, it would have been love at first sight. I remember when I first saw you, I fell in love with you. And I still love you. But I just don't like the way you've been treating me recently. However, I know we can get through this. We can get through the phase of sending each other emails and the phase of you judging ever aspect of me. Do you know why? Because you're worth it. And my mum told me not to let go off things that are worth it.
    I guess we are all freaking out a bit. But this has clearly gone a little bit too further

ReputationRep:
    You know what lse? I'm done with you. I just can't let you play with my feelings like that anymore. I'm sick and tired of these emails telling me to wait "5 more weeks", "7 more weeks" etc. If you really wanted me, it would have been love at first sight. I remember when I first saw you, I fell in love with you. And I still love you. But I just don't like the way you've been treating me recently. However, I know we can get through this. We can get through the phase of sending each other emails and the phase of you judging ever aspect of me. Do you know why? Because you're worth it. And my mum told me not to let go off things that are worth it.
    Amen to that

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, Yep, that sums it up. I'm not feeling a lot of love from the LSE either. Just one thing though: I saw her first.
    But serioulsy, is it Thursday/Friday yet?
    My five weeks are up on Friday, and if I get an offer, I can return to normality and not drive my family insane.
    Applying for Philosophy and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys im thinking of applying to LSE. I applied for medicine and am gonna apply to LSE (for either accounting or economics) for my fifth option. Do you think this is a good choice? I know its competitive but how competitive is it? I really would appreciate some help, im clueless.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i need some help. I recieved my 5 week email 7 weeks ago. after not hearing anything from them i sent them an email a couple of days ago. recieved a reply today they said it takes more than 5 weeks usually so i shouldnt worry about it. Afterwards i recieved another email asking me to provide them with contact information of someone from my school who is familiar with my academic study. i have no idea what this means? i was wondering if anyone else has recieved the same email? is this like another reference for my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    hey guys im thinking of applying to LSE. I applied for medicine and am gonna apply to LSE (for either accounting or economics) for my fifth option. Do you think this is a good choice? I know its competitive but how competitive is it? I really would appreciate some help, im clueless.
    No, the only reason why you cant apply to 5 unis to do medicine is so that you can have an insurance choice. Applying to LSE is a stupid move and you'll never get in with a medicine ps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manamarak)
    Hahaha, Yep, that sums it up. I'm not feeling a lot of love from the LSE either. Just one thing though: I saw her first.
    But serioulsy, is it Thursday/Friday yet?
    My five weeks are up on Friday, and if I get an offer, I can return to normality and not drive my family insane.
    Applying for Philosophy and Economics.
    Woah .. don't test my love for LSE haha. I'm applying for Philosophy and Economics too! What a coincidence! What were your GCES/AS/predictions like?

ReputationRep:
    The thing that hurts the most is you, LSE, cheating on me with other people, offering them your love while leaving me hanging or only sending mixed signals... How hard can it be to get your unconditional (pun intended) love?

ReputationRep:
    Okay LSE one simple question. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or shall I walk past again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schlili)
    The thing that hurts the most is you, LSE, cheating on me with other people, offering them your love while leaving me hanging or only sending mixed signals... How hard can it be to get your unconditional (pun intended) love?
    LSE: Don't pretend like I'm the only one cheating in the relationship. I've about heard you and your 4 other "flings"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    I'm sorry but that would be a very bad choice applying for either accounting or economics when your personal statement is based on medicine. LSE is extremely competitive as it is, and they put heavy emphasis on personal statement, so no matter how amazing your grades are, they will know that you are a medical applicant.

ReputationRep:
    last thursday i got an offer from lse to do straight economics! it was 4 weeks into my 5 week email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aneeshadeo)
    last thursday i got an offer from lse to do straight economics! it was 4 weeks into my 5 week email
    Could you tell me your GCSES/AS/Predictions please. I was going to apply for straight Economics, but was scared I was going to get rejected due to the high levels of competition.

ReputationRep:
    Could you tell me your GCSES/AS/Predictions please. I was going to apply for straight Economics, but was scared I was going to get rejected due to the high levels of competition.
    Yeah sure, I got 10A*s and 2As in my GCSEs
    I got 4As in my AS levels
    And I was predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology
    Aw yeah the competition is quite intense, I thought my personal statement would just be average or wouldn't be as good as other people applying for Economics at LSE. I'm still in shock to be honest, honestly didn't expect it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aneeshadeo)
    Yeah sure, I got 10A*s and 2As in my GCSEs
    I got 4As in my AS levels
    And I was predicted 4A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Biology
    Aw yeah the competition is quite intense, I thought my personal statement would just be average or wouldn't be as good as other people applying for Economics at LSE. I'm still in shock to be honest, honestly didn't expect it!!!!
    Yeah I'm glad I didn't apply for straight Economics ... haha. Congrats though!! Is LSE your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm glad I didn't apply for straight Economics ... haha. Congrats though!! Is LSE your first choice?
    Aw thanks! Well it kind of is my first choice/joint first choice. I applied for Economics with a year abroad (in America) at UCL for which there are only 20 places. So if I were to get an offer for that, I would have no idea which one to firm
    At the moment though LSE would probably be my first choice, didn't apply to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Hi Are you a History applicant too?
    GCSE's: 2A* 6A's 3B's and 1C
    AS Levels: AAAE
    A2 predictions: A*AA

However, I resat year 12. I have hospital/ GP documentation for myself, mother and sister regarding my mitigating circumstance that I pursued as part of my application. They're quite major...
    I currently hold 2 unconditional offers for Leicester and Nottingham, and a conditional for Leeds.

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's still very good considering your situation! And my school was weird and we had to do a compulsory btec worth four gcses which I got Distinction*, another Distinction, 3A*s, 1A and 3B's. Then, for AS I got AAADistinction*, and for A2 I'm predicted A*A*AA (The last A is my extended project. I've received two conditional offers, one from Leeds and the other from Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Okay LSE one simple question. Do you believe in love at first sight? Or shall I walk past again
    I very much hope someone from LSE is reading this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.