Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Did you guys lose weight in college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not directed at me but I gained weight the first year because there was quite abit of free time and me and my friends would always go to a sainsbury's store right near my college and buy tons of junk food. I lost it the second year because i started going gym and there was a lot of hard work involved so i didnt really think about food much lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    Err nothing bbz, was just stating my opinion.

Lol glad to know that women beating is 'moist'.

Err, I meant modern day salafi...

Lol at people saying how you gonna meet a guy in a mosque, don't ask me, as ahmed he was the one who said it.

Anyways this is my opinion & if y'all disagree it won't really affect me much tbh.
    There is a saying from Imam Malik that roughly translates to
    "This ummah will not be reformed\rectified except which the earlier stages were rectified\reformed with"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Not directed at me but I gained weight the first year because there was quite abit of free time and me and my friends would always go to a sainsbury's store right near my college and buy tons of junk food. I lost it the second year because i started going gym and there was a lot of hard work involved so i didnt really think about food much lol
    ahaha I'm just worried about my health as when I was younger, I had heart problems, and vertigo. and lately thet have been coming back as extreme pain in my chest and my vertigo has made me collapse a few times on the floor as I lost my balance.
    I think it's triggered by my recent junk food binging, so I'll just stop it and go back to my healthier lifestyle hehe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ahaha I'm just worried about my health as when I was younger, I had heart problems, and vertigo. and lately thet have been coming back as extreme pain in my chest and my vertigo has made me collapse a few times on the floor as I lost my balance.
    I think it's triggered by my recent junk food binging, so I'll just stop it and go back to my healthier lifestyle hehe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woah that sounds really bad junk food must be really bad for you
    Did you used to avoid junk food and live on fruits and veg only?

ReputationRep:
    woah that sounds really bad junk food must be really bad for you
    Did you used to avoid junk food and live on fruits and veg only?
    Lool I just had too much of it this summer.
    Usually I don't eat much fast food, so probably why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lool I just had too much of it this summer.
    Usually I don't eat much fast food, so probably why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw i see. How was the food in morocco btw?

ReputationRep:
    Aw i see. How was the food in morocco btw?
    Healthy hehe.
    Except wheh you went to the beach and they sold all the fast food.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Healthy hehe.
    Except wheh you went to the beach and they sold all the fast food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean do their traditional foods taste nice?

ReputationRep:
    I mean do their traditional foods taste nice?
    Well from the ones I've tasted, they tasted nice especially from the fish dishes. Plus everything is fresh here and it tastes so much better then England, for stuff like breads and fruits. However mostly I went to restaurants which has English food, so I ate there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing or has done a degree in psychology? I really wanna know what you guys do and your experience in the course

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm I was a sly masjid going woman beater :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    Anyone here doing or has done a degree in psychology? I really wanna know what you guys do and your experience in the course
    Isn't that the course you studied?

I'll be studying psych in 2 weeks i'A

ReputationRep:
    Are there any funny korean series with some action and adventure about that you know of...anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that the course you studied?

I'll be studying psych in 2 weeks i'A
    Done much in preparation for university?

I swear, I start in 10 days and have done **** all. I haven't bought anything for halls yet, I still need to buy a new laptop etc..

I've just been filling out applications for student finance, accomodation, applying to IB events (I actually have to try and convince my maths lecturer to excuse me for a couple days as I've been invited to careers events by a couple banks). :shifty: I'm so bloody stressed out, I've actually had no break this entire summer and the stresses just keep piling on. I've actually just been grumpy this weekend. -.-

Not to mention haven't even started some of the compulsory reading list. SA;D, FMCKSPDJVNDSIJF BNSD (Probably know the contents anyway)

Why I'm telling you, god knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)

I swear, I start in 10 days and have done **** all. I haven't bought anything for halls yet, I still need to buy a new laptop etc..

I've just been filling out applications for student finance, accomodation, applying to IB events (I actually have to try and convince my maths lecturer to excuse me for a couple days as I've been invited to careers events by a couple banks). :shifty: I'm so bloody stressed out, I've actually had no break this entire summer and the stresses just keep piling on. I've actually just been grumpy this weekend. -.-

Not to mention haven't even started some of the compulsory reading list. SA;D, FMCKSPDJVNDSIJF BNSD (Probably know the contents anyway)

You just need to let it out sometimes

And goodness, you've had a lot on your plate haven't you! What I suggest you do is make a plan for yourself for the next 9 days. Make sure you do many things everyday so you're completely set by the time you start. Don't procrastinate!!!

I'm stressed out myself because the stupid bank won't let me make a student account because they're either saying I need my ucas letter and not a copy (i lost the original one and ucas are taking ages to reissue one for me)
    or they need a letter from qm showing when i start and finish my course (NO student has been given this!! ) .
    I'm gonna phone hsbc tomorrow an basically beg them to create a student account for me with just my printed ucas confirmation letter or else I get no money from student finance.

I also need to buy stationary and new autumn clothes/shoes. I don't feel ready for uni AT ALL. ya rabb help me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)

Loool hope it all works out for you and you get time to chill inshallah.

What IB events have you been applying to?

ReputationRep:
    You just need to let it out sometimes

And goodness, you've had a lot on your plate haven't you! What I suggest you do is make a plan for yourself for the next 9 days. Make sure you do many things everyday so you're completely set by the time you start. Don't procrastinate!!!

I'm stressed out myself because the stupid bank won't let me make a student account because they're either saying I need my ucas letter and not a copy (i lost the original one and ucas are taking ages to reissue one for me)
    or they need a letter from qm showing when i start and finish my course (NO student has been given this!! ) .
    I'm gonna phone hsbc tomorrow an basically beg them to create a student account for me with just my printed ucas confirmation letter or else I get no money from student finance.

I also need to buy stationary and new autumn clothes/shoes. I don't feel ready for uni AT ALL. ya rabb help me
    I don't even know the definition of procrastinate anymore v.v

Yeah, I'm working through everything as efficiently as possible. Student account can SMD, I've applied with Santander so hopefully they should get back to me with the status of my application. God knows what I need to get though.. Pans and that, I assume >_>

Need to rest for tonight.. been stringently working on applications and gaining as much info on these processes during the last 7 or 8 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Loool hope it all works out for you and you get time to chill inshallah.

What IB events have you been applying to?
    Credit Suisse invited me for the 12th for some pre-Spring Week Applications thingy which the applicants who got through to AC stage in the spring got invited to.

Bright Network invited me to this career events they're hosting at the brewery which some of the BBs which should be a good chance to network with HR and VPs.

Brokerage has some career event as well similar to Bright Networks where some other major recruiters are coming along to speak to students who secured a internship this summer.

Re-did my application for SEO First-Year Fast Track (which should provide me with some exposure)

BNP Paribas are at Cass, so need to start doing research into their bank to leverage my knowledge to secure some contacts.

Did a 2 hour application to Rare, to hopefully get me some nice upcoming opportunities, given I'm successful.

BAML emailed me with regards to applying for their SWs which I'll do after I practice the tests

God knows where else, I've got all these saved on my phone calendar.

______

Haven't started applications to any SW. Going to wait until I've secured some solid networks for each and then apply straight after as they're taken on a rolling basis. I know BAML is currently open for applications for 2015 SW intake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wat a wizard)
    I can confirm I was a sly masjid going woman beater :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzey_97)
    Are there any funny korean series with some action and adventure about that you know of...anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

City Hunter (thats amazing)
    I heard Iris is good. Need to check that out.
    Time between Wolf and Dog; Also in my list.
    Athena (Havent watched myself :P Ive read reviews)

Right now I'm watching a funny rom com called My Girl, I love it xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.