Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Thank you - Can I just add that your presence on this thread is very much appreciated, always supportive and congratulatory!
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    I would like to second this, such a positive influence
    Thank you both! ! You both seem to be on a roll with interviews/offers - Hopefully I will have some luck with my applications soon :P

ReputationRep:
    Travers Smith interview tomorrow, least preparation time ever!
    Same here! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I was rejected by Linklaters within two weeks - so they definitely have been rejecting people.
    Hey, was just wondering if this is post-interview?

ReputationRep:
    I only applied for 5 schemes and now thinking I should have done more, although as I am working full-time and GDL-ing part-time it wasn't really an option I have only had one reply - a rejection from Olswang. I had thought they'd forgotten about me as I applied in November and I only heard yesterday! I'm hoping that means they actually read my application rather than immediately dismissing it due to my terrible A-Levels. The others are:

Addleshaw Goddard (through BPP Access to Law)
    RPC (through BPP Access to Law)
    Bristows Spring Workshop - Bristol
    Bond Dickinson - Bristol

Has anyone heard from any of the above? I did apply right before the deadline so I am not too hopeful, but I really want Bristows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nilv123)
    congrats for AG! Which office did you apply for?

Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawstudent40)
    Congratulations! Can I ask when your assessment day was?
    It was this morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmopsk)
    Anyone else still waiting on Macfarlanes?
    I am I applied like early Jan, haven't heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omiclops)
    When did you apply? I've not heard anything from them at all since like 30th of Jan
    Well their ACs only began on the 29th of January and they've got applications to deal with that were sent right from the word go. It won't be what you want to hear but be patient, a reply will come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the Addleshaw Goddard telephone interview? how in depth is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taf123)
    Has anyone done the Addleshaw Goddard telephone interview? how in depth is it?
    Well done! I'm waiting on AG, which office did you apply to and when if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Well done! I'm waiting on AG, which office did you apply to and when if you don't mind me asking?

Leeds office, I've got telephone interview on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taf123)
    Leeds office, I've got telephone interview on Friday
    I'm hoping Manchester are still sending invites out, it's been ages! Good luck! Hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    I'm hoping Manchester are still sending invites out, it's been ages! Good luck! Hope it goes well
    Thanks, good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    A long time reader, but first time poster here has anyone else heard back from Bird and Bird after the Watson glazer test?

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Debevoise, ah.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please help me with Travers Smith interview questions ? Don't know what to expect at all

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Debevoise, ah.
    Unlucky mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacky_Boy94)
    Can anyone please help me with Travers Smith interview questions ? Don't know what to expect at all
    From what I hear, it's quite an eccentric interview, so be prepared for anything.

It's only 30 minutes, so there's a limit to how painful it can be

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Debevoise, ah.
    It's their loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibidi)
    I had two with them last year as I applied straight for a TC. From speaking to others who did their vac scheme, the first interview I did seems fairly similar to that of a vacation scheme interview (was with one partner).

Spoke about my background/interests/hobbies
    Spoke about previous work experience
    A lot of competencies
    Why law as a career/why commercial law/why did you choose law as a subject to study
    Why Travers Smith
    Where else have you applied (important - I messed this up in final TC interview & they didn't like it)

Then a couple of questions were quite weird but enjoyable to think about. The first was about tax avoidance and whether it can ever be condoned, and would I ever sanction it if I was the CEO of a big company. Another was about super-injunctions and whether celebrities should ever be allowed to make use of them. The main debate was about public interest vs privacy.

Hope this helps.
    Helps very much Thank You !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.