Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    besiktas should be an easy win, travel to turkey midweek is a bit **** though.

lol about verm though, our net spend is lookin nicer than I thought. wonder if he'll just be outcasted like the other arsenal boys, its so peak whats happening to Song lol. heard him and affelay have a choice of leaving the club or playing with the reserves all season.
    :rofl: that's so peak. I bet there is no sympathy here.

Besikts will beat you guys hopefully but I see an easy 1-0 win away and 2-1 win at home to Arsenal. Ba on the scoresheet.

ReputationRep:
    anyone think we'll be a 5 star team on FIFA again? Haven't been since like FIFA 12 now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    lol stfu, we'll win 5-0 aggregate.

and what happened with Song? i dont remember anything peculiar.
    Lol no you stfu!

But seriously I don't think it'll be as easy as Fener last year.

If I remember correctly Song started giving it the biggun, having a serious attitude problem and just generally being a knob. According to @afcamden when it happened, him and Bouldy got into a physical fight and he was gone after that. Alexandre Dimitri Song Billong must be an idiot because anyone stupid enough to go up against Bould like that needs help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lampard, Sagna, Demichelis, Zabaleta, Kompany, Fernandinho and Agüero all out for this Sunday. I know it's a glorified friendly but I want to win it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

I have absolutely no idea what they see in him, Vermaelen's defensive failings were often masked by the fact that he would score, I think in his first season he got 8! There is this jitteryness about the team anytime he played over the last two seasons, the Spurs away 12/13 and Chelsea home 12/13 stand out. He's racked up a fair few injuries in the last couple seasons and he's a crackhead (BS twitter rumour! :rolleyes:) £15m for him is quite astonishing. Still good luck to the guy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Away game will be tough I reckon but permitting any fresh injury concerns we should be able to take them at home fairly easily. Demba Ba will go and score inevitably though. Much better draw than Bilbao nonetheless.

3 atb will probably hide his defensive errors if thats what Barca plan to do and I guess he could turn out well and I hope he does but 15m was too good an offer to turn down. The only thing i'll miss about him is his girlfriend :coma:. I hope he gets replaced though, even if it is with a carvalho-esque player as him & Chambers can act as 3rd/4th choice CB with Bellerin in for RB backup if things ever get that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    :laugh: What about 4.3mn Hungarian forints or Zimbabwean dollars! €4.3mn is closer to half of £5m

But yeah it looks like it's increased. Still, never doubt the ability of AFC to sling a few prawn sandwiches vs Besiktas to make up the difference
    Well it's like £3.45mil but anyway the other source showed it to be £7.17mil between finishing 3rd and 4th (not counting the £1.2mil from the Premier League for league finish difference).

So that's only £8.37mil between 3rd and 4th - I don't think you make that much from match day. I think it's around £95mil per season from the stadium but that's across say 28 games (56 game season as an average) so I reckon less than £3.5mil from the match day revenue (which I believe covers all the prawn sandwiches too).
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Reckon City will edge past you guys 2-1 on Sunday, although it will be a close game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Lampard, Sagna, Demichelis, Zabaleta, Kompany, Fernandinho and Agüero all out for this Sunday. I know it's a glorified friendly but I want to win it
    Are you for real? That's better news..

To be fair though, Jovetic is on fire. Have you guys seen him pre season? I think he got 6 goals in like 3 games? & that's vs Milan, Liverpool & Olympiakos..

I remember when we were so close to signing him, until city came along and ****ed us off with an over priced offer :/

Edit: just read that Negredo is out too.. Good times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Are you for real? That's better news..

To be fair though, Jovetic is on fire. Have you guys seen him pre season? I think he got 6 goals in like 3 games? & that's vs Milan, Liverpool & Olympiakos..

I remember when we were so close to signing him, until city came along and ****ed us off with an over priced offer :/
    I'm not sure, yet to see a reliable source confirm those players availability.

I've always liked Jovetic, I wanted him at Arsenal before he moved I think the price was too high

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, yet to see a reliable source confirm those players availability.

I've always liked Jovetic, I wanted him at Arsenal before he moved I think the price was too high
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/l...319570/preview

"Pellegrini will be without Alvaro Negredo against Arsenal after the striker sustained a serious foot injury in pre-season which is expected to keep him out for a few months.

Lampard is deemed not ready to feature yet following his arrival on loan, and the same applies to fellow new signing Sagna, along with Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis, Fernandinho and skipper Vincent Kompany - six City players who were involved in the knockout stages of the World Cup.

However, there could be debuts for two new recruits in goalkeeper Caballero and midfielder Fernando."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/l...319570/preview

"Pellegrini will be without Alvaro Negredo against Arsenal after the striker sustained a serious foot injury in pre-season which is expected to keep him out for a few months.

Lampard is deemed not ready to feature yet following his arrival on loan, and the same applies to fellow new signing Sagna, along with Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta, Martin Demichelis, Fernandinho and skipper Vincent Kompany - six City players who were involved in the knockout stages of the World Cup.

However, there could be debuts for two new recruits in goalkeeper Caballero and midfielder Fernando."
    Thanks for finding that. It bodes well for us I guess. I reckon we can take advantage of Richard at RB

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm assuming...

Hart, Clichy, Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Richards, Toure, Fernando/Milner (?), Nasri, Silva, Navas, Dzeko/Jovetic

ngl, its still a very solid squad

ReputationRep:
    How did Wenger manage to make a profit on Vermaelen, oh lawd. I think we should be after Nastasic personally, there would be the potential of a future CB pairing there, play him and Chambers in Cup games. £15m would be a fair price I think but doubt City will sell to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for finding that. It bodes well for us I guess. I reckon we can take advantage of Richard at RB
    Also if Clichy starts play Sanchez on the right, that's going to be funny to watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    So, I'm assuming...

Hart, Clichy, Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Richards, Toure, Fernando/Milner (?), Nasri, Silva, Navas, Dzeko/Jovetic

ngl, its still a very solid squad
    It is :/ & that's why city are considered to be favourites for the title. But to be honest, I see it as a blessing haha.

Also, I reaaaally think we should start with Sanchez & not sonogo upfront on Sunday. And to use Campbell on the wing..

Would be interesting to see this:

Sanchez

Cazorla Wilshere Campbell

Rambo Arteta

Or even start with Ox on the right & bring on Campbell and/or sonogo later on

ReputationRep:
    Don't think Richards will struggle too much imo. The left hand side is where City struggle more. They don't have the work rate of Navas or Milner covering the fullback there, they have Nasri/Silva there instead who don't work as hard and their left backs are both dodgy when put under pressure.

Richards should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Rosicky should definately start, personally. He has been our sharpest player in pre-season and I trust him to do well against City. Its too early to play with Sanchez up front... I wouldn't be surprised if Sanogo starts there (wouldn't be against it either).

edit: completely forgot about Campbell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    How did Wenger manage to make a profit on Vermaelen, oh lawd. I think we should be after Nastasic personally, there would be the potential of a future CB pairing there, play him and Chambers in Cup games. £15m would be a fair price I think but doubt City will sell to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah. Nah. Fam. How did Wenger get £25m for Adebayor :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Rosicky should definately start, personally. He has been our sharpest player in pre-season and I trust him to do well against City. Its too early to play with Sanchez up front... I wouldn't be surprised if Sanogo starts there (wouldn't be against it either).

edit: completely forgot about Campbell
    I believe Sanogo is out injured.

And would be surprised if Campbell didn't start. There's a video of him vs Monreal in training, and he's just :coma:

ReputationRep:
    may be little more then a friendly - but a win would be a good positive for the confidence going into the season..

Definitely need to take it seriously

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.