Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2015 Thread*** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    RBC rejection. Chances of SW now = nil.

I'm out.

Good luck with the rest of you applicants.
    Looking back through this thread and spotted this. Pesimism exceeds me.

ReputationRep:
    I actually remember seeing that and was gonna point that out after you got BAML but got distracted......told you it's gonna be the #TSRBankingCrew :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Any point in still doing blackrock/rbs?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    I actually remember seeing that and was gonna point that out after you got BAML but got distracted......told you it's gonna be the #TSRBankingCrew :cool:
    I second this claim, it seems like we're all pretty organised and hopefully we will all get something, myself included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I second this claim, it seems like we're all pretty organised and hopefully we will all get something, myself included.
    The takeover is real. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    anybody got number of applicants per place at GS etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    anybody got number of applicants per place at GS etc?
    I've never seen the point of looking at that figure, you should be thinking about the number of realistic applicants per place...makes for much better reading

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen the point of looking at that figure, you should be thinking about the number of realistic applicants per place...makes for much better reading
    This is so true, ive been so deterred to applying to places like DB, CS due to this mentality. Need to start thinking like this now lol

ReputationRep:
    This is my thinking for GS.

ReputationRep:
    I considered this for CS too, I picked 23rd of March so it wouldn't clash with DB, also for you I think consider that most banks will schedule their SWs in the week commencing 13th April e.g. GS, JP, Citi, UBS, BAML
    I also have an offer for CS. How do you indicate which week is your preference? Also, I thought the Grad recruitment lady told me on the phone that the possible weeks were the 31st March or 7th April... Maybe I misheard :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeblue)
    I also have an offer for CS. How do you indicate which week is your preference? Also, I thought the Grad recruitment lady told me on the phone that the possible weeks were the 31st March or 7th April... Maybe I misheard :/

When did you have your interview ? I had mine last thursday. I havent been called by HR, so does it mean I wont get an offer ?

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read on this forum, these are the SWs that clash. Would someone care to confirm or even add to the list?

SW Clashes (13-17 April 2014) - BAML, Citi Quest, RBS (Corporate and Institutional), HSBC, JPM (IB & Risk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeblue)
    She asked me if I have a preference and I said to her I preferred the 23rd. I think I'm sure I heard the 23rd......:confused: Is your offer for the IBD SW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertJWild)
    From what I've read on this forum, these are the SWs that clash. Would someone care to confirm or even add to the list?

SW Clashes (13-17 April 2014) - BAML, Citi Quest, RBS (Corporate and Institutional), HSBC, JPM (IB & Risk)
    Add Goldman, UBS, MS too I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertJWild)

Where did you get the dates for HSBC? I thought that was the week before

Also Morgan Stanley is between 13-17 April 2015*, although they have an alternate Spring Week commencing at the end of March.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get the dates for HSBC? I thought that was the week before

Also Morgan Stanley is between 13-17 April 2015*, although they have an alternate Spring Week commencing at the end of March.
    HSBC is 7th-10th April, unless they hold more than one spring week!

ReputationRep:
    Nomura 7th - 9th

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get rejections from CS after interview? Or they just give out offers now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    RBS, I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you remember when GS started giving out interviews last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    Did anyone get rejections from CS after interview? Or they just give out offers now?
    I haven't been rejected yet but its only been 2 days so i am still waiting post interview!

They take about 150 people per year, and at one event I was told by an HR lady that they are quite flexible with their numbers....soooooo, lets see!

At the beginning I was annoyed because it seemed like everyone who applied to BAML got an offer, like they took absolutely everyone - now it seems like CS is doing the same, but in reality it is that BAML and CS started recruiting at different times, so now we are hearing about CS and not BAML anymore !! I suppose it is good we applied early as I would believe places are almost all taken. Also MS only started interviewing this week! so I am sure we will start hearing about MS offers all over the place on Jan!!!

Good luck!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.