Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bristol offer 👊👊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andreia1110)
    Hey guys

What course do you think is best with regards to career prospects: Econ at Southampton 3yr or Econ with year in industry at Bath? Not sure how important it is for a university to be in the Russell Group.

Thanks! Hope everyone gets their offers
    lol bath is wayyy better for Econ, especially with the placement year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i have conditional offers for Economics at Manchester, Leicester, Aston, Sheffield and UEA which is unconditional but still unsure which one is the best to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Russel group is just a group of unis who get a lot of research funding, most of the top unis are part of it however Bath and St Andrews aren't for reasons I don't know but I'd personally go with Bath, the placement year is a big plus.
    Okay I thought Bath is a bit better but wasn't too sure since it isn't in the russell group. Thanks for the response though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    i have conditional offers for Economics at Manchester, Leicester, Aston, Sheffield and UEA which is unconditional but still unsure which one is the best to go
    hmm probs all quite similar but I think manchester just edges it

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful application from Bristol.They've recommended me courses though!
    Is the recommendation of courses suggest that they did like my application a bit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Is the recommendation of courses suggest that they did like my application a bit?
    did they give you an offer for other courses then?what are your stats? sorry to hear that btw :/

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear that! Did they recommend any courses you're interested in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    did they give you an offer for other courses then?what are your stats? sorry to hear that btw :/
    I got A and 3 B's at AS levels.Predicted A*AB
    They've recommended me to apply for them and I'd get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    So sorry to hear that! Did they recommend any courses you're interested in?
    Not really!I'd go for Economics and Management!I've got an offer from Notts!So I'd firm them!

ReputationRep:
    I got A and 3 B's at AS levels.Predicted A*AB
    They've recommended me to apply for them and I'd get an offer!
    which courses? like similar to econ? i say go for it

ReputationRep:
    Not really!I'd go for Economics and Management!I've got an offer from Notts!So I'd firm them!
    You're sorted then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    which courses? like similar to econ? i say go for it
    Economics and Management,Economics and Accounting
    (Original post by sr-96)
    You're sorted then!
    I can sense a rejection from Warwick!

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Management,Economics and Accounting

I can sense a rejection from Warwick!
    There's still hope! They are taking ages to reply though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    There's still hope! They are taking ages to reply though
    Hopefully!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got conditional offers from Leicester, Aston (Economics and Management), Swansea and UWE. Just waiting for a response from Reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    I got conditional offers from Leicester, Aston (Economics and Management), Swansea and UWE. Just waiting for a response from Reading.
    Well done!Who's your firm and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiara97)
    12 offers per place for L100
    Where did you get that from? Because 217*12=2604 and theres only 3000 applicants for L100 and L101 combined, meaning success rate would be over 87%! Do you mean 1.2 rather than 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    Where did you get that from? Because 217*12=2604 and theres only 3000 applicants for L100 and L101 combined, meaning success rate would be over 87%! Do you mean 1.2 rather than 12?
    Sorry I meant 12 applications per offer so the success rate would be 8 %!! And for those who get an offer not everybody goes to UCL! I found it in the undergraduate prospectus-2015 entry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiara97)
    Sorry I meant 12 applications per offer so the success rate would be 8 %!! And for those who get an offer not everybody goes to UCL! I found it in the undergraduate prospectus-2015 entry
    Thats applicants per place, not applicants per offer. I want to know applicants per offer- so if you apply what are the chances of getting an offer- because universities give out more offers than places

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.