x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another night of not being able to sleep and being bored as hell yay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    just can't deal right now, i keep panicking about tomorrow and i can't get these stupid images out of my head. dont know what to do :cry2:
    :jumphug: Have PMed you, is easier to talk/saves me taking up the whole thread any more than I already have this evening

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think those kind of worries about being lazy or using it as an excuse or whatever are pretty common to people with mental health difficulties, I know I've definitely felt like that in the past, and tbh, still do sometimes. But I think if you think about it rationally would you willingly put yourself through all this? The way I think of it is laziness is about taking the easy route: taking medication, going to doctors and spending your life unable to do things is not easy. Going out partying with friends, drinking loads and then not doing your uni work because you're too hungover is a lot easier.

No worries. With the nausea, it wasn't severe for me, I just felt a bit sick and off my food for about 10 days, I never threw up or anything though - if that makes you feel more reassured about it (although, obviously, it differs for everyone)

Some people find it quite sedating so take it at night, the added bonus of that is the nausea/headaches/whatever else would be when you're asleep. However the impact it can have on dreams makes some people want to take it in the morning.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I know I've had them lots before, just this sort of has brought forward feelings of being glad, in a way that I really hate? But that doesn't stop me feeling it occasionally. Just makes me feel guilty.
    You're right though, when I stop to think about it, there's no reason to choose any of this really, although small bits I wonder about but yeah just that it's a difficult thing to fight against I suppose, and if I don't fight as much as I should/find it difficult then that isn't great...
    But then at the same time when I am feeling alright I do go to societies and stuff, and then *try* to do work afterwards, but it isn't prioritised That's maybe something I should feel guilty about - and then it also makes me feel guilty about complaining about feeling rubbish, when I can still go do that stuff.

Sorry for all the rambles...

That's helpful, thanks -yeah really hope I don't throw up. I think I fear it more than I dislike it when it's happening, if that makes sense, but yeah.
    That's also very helpful - I guess will try at night and then go from there. Probably more likely to remember to do it before bed too, whereas am in more of a rush in the mornings/it varies more.

Sorry you've still been struggling Well done for telling wife - stay safe :hugs:

(Original post by Odd socks)
    since being on citalopram my dreams have been really vivid and realistic. it's pretty cool most of the time, but not when its a scary dream like last night
    Hope I don't get scary dreams and sorry to hear you had one :hugs: Hopefully if I do have bad dreams I won't sleep walk, because I get waking/walking about nightmares when I'm ill sometimes :/

Sorry to hear about your party Hope you've had a nice evening anyway :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Yeah, I'm not sure what to do for the best. I think half my problem is that I care and worr about people an unhealthy amount and it all blows up in my head.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You're making perfect sense but I've been eating little for so long now that 3 meals feels impossible and wrong. I know it's wrong but I don't want to start eating properly either.

Yeah today I get what you mean, there's so much pressure to have a good time and celebrate but sometimes it's too much.

Hope you manage some work and enjoy back home :hugs:

---------------

thought I was going to be sick in bed this morning because I was so anxious. Happy birthday to you too, body.
    Would you find just going for it/talking openly would help get it out your head sort of/make it easier? I think for some things doing that helps, and others it just makes me worry more. Though not entirely sure

Spoiler:
    Show
    Okey Try going for 2 meals? or always having a banana (or more) for breakfast or something? Just to try and get a routine going? Though I very much know how impossible routines can be to make/keep up :sad: but lots of :hugs:

a belated Happy Birthday then! :hugs: Hope you had a good day Sorry about anxiety yesterday morning

I hope so too!

(Original post by furryface12)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Kind of the same, but if you hadn't been struggling a bit in the first place would you have started posting here in the first place? And if GP thinks they'd help you then that probably shows there's something too, he wouldn't just do it for the sake of it.
    Hope cinema stuff was ok? Well done for going to lecture!

Yeah was okish, none of the other tenors turned up though so I endedup covering the tenor 1 part and having to sightread four (:eek:) solos on that instead. And we didn't play the ones that I already had solos in and we hadn't played some of those before/just need them to fill a set so now I don't know what I'm playing in the concert and what not and still can't improvise to save my life Anyway, will stop ranting, sorry- was sort of too out of it to make any sense last night so gave up trying to message you

You went to lecture though! And GP/probably also other stuff is very useful to have done. Hope you got some sleep :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah, probably not yeah exactly. and tried to make sure I didn't exaggerate/I did try to emphasise that in between "episodes" of it being a lot worse/like this term, it's mostly just low-moods/on the (lower) threshold of mild depression - but then it has been getting worse. Sorry for these rambles...!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Body felt so heavy and like lead that I pretty much passed out in bed after waking up around 8am, and then couldn't really move :erm: Eventually managed to text my supervisor saying I couldn't come to our meeting today.

Feel like such a noobface :emo:
    :console: Hope you've had a good day otherwise/has gotten better :hugs:
    Not a noobface (almost wrote "noodface" there. What's a noodface?!) at all :nah:

(Original post by superwolf)
    Got another job interview! :awesome: I have to pass a literacy and numeracy test first, but hopefully shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Well done! Hope it goes well

----------------------------------------------

Giving up pretty much on this presentation. If I get up early enough then will maybe try writing some stuff down, but otherwise just too scared, haven't done enough/isn't worth doing it/even if I do I won't be genuinely doing it, just memorising some stuff from wikipedia or something, and it won't make sense and will just embarass myself.

Other than that had a nice afternoon's walk cos it was really nice outside/let me just sort of forget about everything for a moment and go hunting for a bench which had a bear on it! :eek: (some "where's warwick" thing that I found recently they take a picture of a toy bear round campus each week or something. anyway.....)

Hope everyone's okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, everyone!

hope you're all doing well...I haven't been on here since the last thread so hugs all round :hugs:

Feeling so so nervous and also weirdly positive about life recently so I thought I'd pop in.

I'M STARTING A NEW JOB TOMORROW. Hoping that I can keep the panic at bay

ReputationRep:
    everything is **** and no-one cares

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    Hiya, everyone!

hope you're all doing well...I haven't been on here since the last thread so hugs all round :hugs:

Feeling so so nervous and also weirdly positive about life recently so I thought I'd pop in.

Good luck with your new job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: people do care I'm sure of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    Good luck with your new job!

:hugs: people do care I'm sure of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: doesn't feel like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: doesn't feel like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console: you will feel it again I'm sure, stay strong! Here if you need to talk!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :console: you will feel it again I'm sure, stay strong! Here if you need to talk!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: thanks for being so nice I should probably try and sleep now, ive got a nurse appointment tomorrow and if I miss one again the practice is going to kick me off their register

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: thanks for being so nice I should probably try and sleep now, ive got a nurse appointment tomorrow and if I miss one again the practice is going to kick me off their register

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries, just hope you're okay! hopefully sleep will so you some good! Good luck with the appointment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My home assessment didn't happen. They phoned to say they weren't coming, no reason or apology and no idea when they're going to arrange another assessment. Not a good omen of things to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Well done! Hope it goes well
    Thanks Ducky! I hope you found your bear.

Hiya, everyone!

Best of luck!

(Original post by Snufkin)
    My home assessment didn't happen. They phoned to say they weren't coming, no reason or apology and no idea when they're going to arrange another assessment. Not a good omen of things to come.
    Eurgh that really sucks. Hope it does happen soon. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, everyone!

You probably won't see this until afterwards, but I hope the vibe will sti get to you Good luck!!

:hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I had counselling yesterday again, and once more I hated it. All this talking... I'm completely over it.

ReputationRep:
    I think the stress of the last few weeks has finally caught up with me. A lot of you know all the crap that has happened lately. Yesterday I went for a day out with my bf and I had been feeling jittery and panicky all day but when we got there, I collapsed to the floor and had what I call a terror attack and it was in front of everyone I was absolutely mortified. I've only ever had panic attacks like that in my flat. I get normal, generic every day panic attacks almost daily and they suck but I can deal with them. A terror attack is where the panic absolutely terrifies me and I truly believe I am dying and all I can say is "I'm dying!" "get me a doctor!" etc. I only get these ones maybe once or twice a month and they tend to hit me out of the blue. I feel like they are something more than a panic attack because of how strong the sensation is but I know all attacks vary in severity. I just worry about everything

I'm worried I am going to become agoraphobic like I did a few years ago when I first started getting attacks in general because I am scared of taking another 'terror attack' outside. I already felt depressed and deflated after everything that has happened lately but this is the cherry on the cake. I feel like I have been kicked in the gut. I am tempted to cancel my driving lessons for a while and spend the money I would be using for that on private counseling. The waiting lists on NHS are too long and I don't want to try medication so maybe this would be worth a shot? I'm too scared to drive again in case I take an attack like that while on the road

ReputationRep:
    had a terrible nights sleep

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we all care :yep: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    had a terrible nights sleep
    :hugs: can you nap in the day to catch up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: can you nap in the day to catch up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll never sleep tonight if I do, my routine is already screwed. And I really need to finish my coursework How are you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    I'll never sleep tonight if I do, my routine is already screwed. And I really need to finish my coursework How are you? :hugs:
    Ah okay, good luck with your coursework! I'm okay but also not slept, though far too used to that, travelling home atm, be good to be back in our own flat with all my tech haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.