Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Well if you definitely don't want to go there, there's no harm doing it asap
    Yeah, I think I'll arrange to report them tomorrow. .thanks for your help and advice. .i appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    Yeah, I think I'll arrange to report them tomorrow. .thanks for your help and advice. .i appreciate it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem,glad to help

ReputationRep:
    No problem,glad to help
    I just hope I don't experience all these problems again at my Robert Gordon interview I've got on Saturday. Hopefully no discrimation against my health problems, or nasty comments to me (something else that happened which you don't know about ) or breaking ucas policies again. :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I just hope I don't experience all these problems again at my Robert Gordon interview I've got on Saturday. Hopefully no discrimation against my health problems, or nasty comments to me (something else that happened which you don't know about ) or breaking ucas policies again. :'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could also file a complaint to the university itself as they shouldn't be treating applicants like that at all, maybe make their manager aware of what they did. I m sure you won't experience anything like this with another university, dont worry

ReputationRep:
    You could also file a complaint to the university itself as they shouldn't be treating applicants like that at all, maybe make their manager aware of what they did. I m sure you won't experience anything like this with another university, dont worry
    I think I might do, I'll speak to my careers team at college first to speak to them anyway simply because of how they treated me and then I'll do the rest. . And I hope I don't have any issues also with other unia, if not..I don't know what I'll do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I think I might do, I'll speak to my careers team at college first to speak to them anyway simply because of how they treated me and then I'll do the rest. . And I hope I don't have any issues also with other unia, if not..I don't know what I'll do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You won't, the ridiculous behaviour of this one is very rare so I can promise others will be much better.

ReputationRep:
    You won't, the ridiculous behaviour of this one is very rare so I can promise others will be much better.
    Thanks, that makes me feel so much better...it was so bad, I've been sent for double counselling sessions by my doctor because I was in complete floods of tears when he asked about how my interview went. I'll do well in these next interviews to prove them idiots at that uni wrong aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks, that makes me feel so much better...it was so bad, I've been sent for double counselling sessions by my doctor because I was in complete floods of tears when he asked about how my interview went. I'll do well in these next interviews to prove them idiots at that uni wrong aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope that you start to feel even better soon but proving people wrong is always a brilliant feeling

ReputationRep:
    I hope that you start to feel even better soon but proving people wrong is always a brilliant feeling
    Thank you,I hope so too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at Sheffield Hallam selection event on the 24th of Feb for adult nursing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyA95)
    Hey mine was on the 30th of Jan! Getting impatient now haha how did your interview go? I was thinking of emailing them too! 😊
    I know me too! I just want to know either way!! Yeah I thought it went okay, the maths was really hard, how did you find it? Yes I left it till exactly 3 weeks, I thought there was no harm!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else got an interview day for Edinburgh napier on the 7th of March??😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shabo1)
    Hey, has anyone heard any word from either queens or ulster university about interviews yet?
    Hi!

Yeah, I heard from Ulster last week but no word from QUB yet. Hopefully soon! Ulster got in touch though email, not UCAS track so keep checking

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently a first year student nurse at Oxford Brookes university (Adult field).

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask then I don't mind answering them at all

Please feel free to PM me or just comment below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentnurse15)
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently a first year student nurse at Oxford Brookes university (Adult field).

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask then I don't mind answering them at all

Please feel free to PM me or just comment below.
    What exactly is undergone through the medical examination and do you have any spare time to just relax/have any days off uni because it seems like its constant all the time? And finally, if you have far placements how do you get there and do you get to decide where you go? Im an aspiring nurse lol just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luce0506)
    Has anyone got an interview for uni of liverpool tomorrow?! So nervous ! X
    Hi, hope your interview went well!!
    I have a selection day for Liverpool on Wednesday, so I was wondering if you had any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jad3s3yh4030)
    What exactly is undergone through the medical examination and do you have any spare time to just relax/have any days off uni because it seems like its constant all the time? And finally, if you have far placements how do you get there and do you get to decide where you go? Im an aspiring nurse lol just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there

Do you mean the Occupational health clearance? They literally just check what your medical history and what vaccinations you have/haven't had and then arrange appointments for you to have any outstanding vaccinations. All I have had to have is 3 Hep B injections and a blood test.

The course is pretty intense, however i'm lucky and get every monday off this semester. I also have 2 half days a week (9-12) and then 2 long days (9-4).

I am currently on my first placement and have been since november. Its only a 15 minute walk from me but I do still get the bus after long shifts! Two of my flatmates have the "far" placement and space their shifts out so they can recover as the travelling makes it more tiring. This becomes difficult when they do night shifts as they are done in a row. Most placements are really flexible and let you pick and choose your shifts if you state when you can and can't work. They are understanding that we do have to fit in assignments, family life and even jobs! Universities will only send you to a placement if you can get there and will also take into consideration if you do/don't have a car. As for choosing placements we can state preferences but obviously there is no guarantee. I was really lucky and asked for a Gynae ward and that is exactly what I got.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, recieved all my offers today, going to firm UOB and put uni of liverpool as insurance! Such a hard choice to make! Xx

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Brighton uni today, after having interview last Monday. Have firmed it, just need to pass my 5th GCSE to meet the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbroad)
    Have you had an interview for UWE yet? x
    Hi, sorry for late reply!! Yeah, I had my interview in November but was unfortunately rejected x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.