Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from King's with a rubbish LNAT of 20!! So those with low LNAT scores, have faith!! x

ReputationRep:
    Bristol emailed me telling me that they couldn't give me a place in law, but then said they would give me an alternative offer for Social Policy with Criminology. Even though it's not what I applied for, it was a degree I was actually really interested in and I can still get a law degree at a later stage Excited, just waiting on Birmingham to decide if I want to firm Bristol or not.

Got 26 on the LNAT and predicted the international equivalent of A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beewilde)
    Bristol emailed me telling me that they couldn't give me a place in law, but then said they would give me an alternative offer for Social Policy with Criminology. Even though it's not what I applied for, it was a degree I was actually really interested in and I can still get a law degree at a later stage Excited, just waiting on Birmingham to decide if I want to firm Bristol or not.

Ok I'm only saying this because you got 26 on the LNAT so you're clearly intelligent. Don't do that course. It won't get you anywhere, do a law degree elsewhere or apply somewhere else though Extra, clearing or adjustment. You're too good for that course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofacademics)
    Ok I'm only saying this because you got 26 on the LNAT so you're clearly intelligent. Don't do that course. It won't get you anywhere, do a law degree elsewhere or apply somewhere else though Extra, clearing or adjustment. You're too good for that course.
    Can you do a law conversion? Research how others and what others did on that course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beewilde)

Can you do a conversion course? Research what and how others did who studied that course.

(Original post by shiyi)
    If you want an honest discussion, maybes you shouldn't have so many assumptions. Well, I completed my 4-year high school education in Singapore. I have actually been to the local courts and did a job-shadowing in a local top law firm. I read a few relevant books which I borrowed from a local uni's law library. I believe I have honestly stated my reasons and tried to show my passion for law. I am serious about taking the course. But I guess I was just not good enough. English is my second language and I am still not confident in my expression.

I am not blaming anyone but honestly feel a bit clueless about why my PS was not good. My teacher thought my PS was quite clear in showing who I am, so I think maybe there are just too many other competitive applicants who are obviously better than me.
    i would really like you to post your PS up on this thread when it is appropriate to do so, as long as it is in keeping with the rule and regulations. You can be sure that I will give you my honest assessment.

(Original post by DougallnDougall)
    UCAS track is down - again - till Monday! Jeez talk about poor timing.
    is it necessary to keep checking UCAS track all the time? isn't it enough to just check your email if you did receive a UCAS track email that notify you that 'something has changed on your track'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    i would really like you to post your PS up on this thread when it is appropriate to do so,
    Please don't post your PS here. There are separate threads, boards, facilities for this in TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Track is down while UCAS prepares for Extra opening, that's all.
    Hey ya! I was trying to drop you a PM but I realised that you had chosen not to receive a PM or something like that. Are there other ways I can contact ya? I would like to seek your advice on some stuff! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi__lw)
    I just got an offer from King's with a rubbish LNAT of 20!! So those with low LNAT scores, have faith!! x
    HOW? I got rejected with 23. Are you UK/EU?

ReputationRep:
    Hey any idea which aspect of the application Durham places more emphasis on? ie. UCL and the LNAT essay, KCL and LNAT scores, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anitatoz)
    Hey any idea which aspect of the application Durham places more emphasis on? ie. UCL and the LNAT essay, KCL and LNAT scores, etc.
    Hello I received an offer from Durham with a score of 22 on my LNAT. My essay was not bad I think I did quite well. However, I saw many people on Facebook with scores of 19-26. I don't think Durham places so much emphasis on the exam as long as you haven't completely failed it. If your PS is good and your predicted grades prove that you will be a good student there, you will be ok. Also, if you have some experience or took part in any society at school, you stand a good chance.
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can give an opinion about Law in UofManchester ? reputation ? ranking ? compare to other university etc. personal knowledge ?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    is it necessary to keep checking UCAS track all the time? isn't it enough to just check your email if you did receive a UCAS track email that notify you that 'something has changed on your track'?

Yes it appears it is, if you are really anxious for news. Last time I got an offer it was listed in track 24hrs before I got an email from UCAS or from the university. I am usually checking once per day last thing in the evening just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)

Yes it appears it is, if you are really anxious for news. Last time I got an offer it was listed in track 24hrs before I got an email from UCAS or from the university. I am usually checking once per day last thing in the evening just in case
    I check it in the evening but wouldn't expect anything over the weekend. Admissions staff need their down time too! I've resigned myself to not hearing till end of March but I like to look just in case there's a nice surprise waiting for me 😜😂 I'm just waiting to hear from Edinburgh then got the very happy task of deciding which offers to choose. Would be very nice if it was five offers but I'm certainly not banking on it. Would be nice to have the uncertainty removed.

ReputationRep:
    I check it in the evening but wouldn't expect anything over the weekend.
    Admissions offices are not open at the weekend and therefore no decisions/offers etc are made then.

UCAS Track is closed this weekend to prepare for Extra.

Go and do some revision instead.

ReputationRep:
    Admissions offices are not open at the weekend and therefore no decisions/offers etc are made then.

Of course I am only checking Monday to Friday evenings

ReputationRep:

Lol! You sound like my dad!!

ReputationRep:
    Track is currently open & working despite what the notice last night said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tosinmurana)
    woooooo well done have you looked into accomodation yet?

Thank you! And yes I have, thinking of Northumberland house. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice on which to put as my insurance choice?

Offers received:
    Oxford AAA (firm)
    Bristol AAA-A*AB
    Warwick AAA
    LSE A*AA
    Durham A*AA

LSE and Durham are both higher than the AAA I need for Oxford so I doubt I'll put either of those as my insurance. It's between Warwick and Bristol- I like the A*AB variation for Bristol as I think I can get at least one A*, but I wondered if Warwick would allow me to get AAB but still get in? Does anyone have any idea about how lenient Warwick can be? Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.