Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)
    Thanks for the reply, what would 70% give as a mark out of 900 approximately?
    LOL i only just realised how much of a dumb question this was, don't answer its simple maths haha god help me!*
    70% is a rough estimate though. There was a member on here who got 8 true/false/ct questions and a member who got all statement questions so try prepare for the worst case scenario!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    70% is a rough estimate though. There was a member on here who got 8 true/false/ct questions and a member who got all statement questions so try prepare for the worst case scenario!
    Ah yeah that's true I'm absolutely dreading my ukcat! *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chikku_7)
    I am
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings_queens)
    yes this is right!
    thanks
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    thanks for replying, are you able to do this in the time frame well?? i tried this and keep finishing each set in about 2.5-3 minutes- way over time-!!
    Unfortunatley at some point youre going to have to start guessing the answers... Its quite hard to finish it all in time but u can still get a decent score. The more you practice the faster you'll get. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaah mines on Tuesday as well and I'm not even close to scoring 700 average in my mocks it keeps fluctuating between 600-650

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to buy a Medify account? Theres 9 days left on it. PM if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medme)
    Does anyone know a calculation I can use to convert my score into UKCAT score?
    Nobody really knows how it works. The Kaplan book has a chart though on page 298. If you don't have the Kaplan book write your score on this and i'll tell you what your score is according to the book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muz360)
    Yeah, fourth is probably harsh. I'm sure someone told me last year's octiles but I can't find it.

I had 712.5 last year and that was apparently 2nd octile.

Where are you applying?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Sorry guys think you might be mistaken - firstly it's in deciles rather than octiles and the higher score you get, the higher decile you're in for example if you scored 712.5 last year you'd be in 10th decile which is the highest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinls2)
    Sorry guys think you might be mistaken - firstly it's in deciles rather than octiles and the higher score you get, the higher decile you're in for example if you scored 712.5 last year you'd be in 10th decile which is the highest
    The octiles we were talking about are Edinburgh specific. They rank all of their applicants scores into octiles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muz360)
    The octiles we were talking about are Edinburgh specific. They rank all of their applicants scores into octiles

Oh my bad, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFallout)
    was qr a lot easier than the official mocks?
    I didn't actually do any of the official mocks this year (I've done them in the past, this is my second year doing the UKCAT) but from memory the official ones were a nightmare, if you can do those you'll breeze through the exam.

ReputationRep:
    My UKCAT is tomorrow. How many VR questions have people guessed because of not enough time? Im hoping my AR and QR bumps my score up. Aiming for 700+

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

I'm finding the maths section in the 1000 UKCAT book incredibly difficult. Is this representative of the real exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm currently studying a pharmacy degree, about to enter my third year of study and I'm considering applying for post grad/undergrad medicine.
    I was just wondering if anyone has made the switch from pharmacy to medicine? Did you do your pre reg year or did you go straight into medicine? Have you worked as a pharmacist to help pay your way through uni? Would it be advisable to pick up volunteering in a care home etc in the summer next year/at weekends at uni while studying? Any advice would be appreciated, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drap23)
    hi guys,

I'm finding the maths section in the 1000 UKCAT book incredibly difficult. Is this representative of the real exam?
    Haven't used the 1000 book but I have used the older 600 book. The questions in there were definitely not representative of QR in the real thing. The actual test was much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have their test on tuesday?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Anyone have their test on tuesday?!
    Meeeeee! I think a lot of people have it on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Meeeeee! I think a lot of people have it on Tuesday!
    Have you done all the Kaplan tests? If so, can you please tell me your scores. Im only getting in the mid 2000's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Have you done all the Kaplan tests? If so, can you please tell me your scores. Im only getting in the mid 2000's.
    I've got 2100 on all of them! :mmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.