Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly quotes, but inspirational nonetheless!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)

Seeing as he converted to Islam I'm bound to ask why someone needs to accomplish anything in life when they are going to enjoy an afterlife?

Isn't it enough that someone just works in a humble job and prays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”

The incredible Ali.
    Yeah. The only problem with this quote is that Ali never did anything that was thought impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    good quote, but 'fishes' is not grammatically correct, 'if wishes were fish...'
    Grammatically, fishes IS the plural of fish, if you're talking about different types of fish... But, if it's the same type, then you're right

(Original post by CoolCavy)
    'if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river for water' by some otter in redwall

basically stop wishing for things and start doing things to make the wishes come true
    That's a nice one, btw.

ReputationRep:
    An endless wait,
    The smallest speck of light holds the greatest hope
    Trust misplaced, truth displaced,
    Back to square one, struggling to cope

ReputationRep:
    Everything you can imagine is real

Pablo Picasso of 1818

ReputationRep:
    those who are most successful are those who have experienced the most failure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umar39)
    those who are most successful are those who have experienced the most failure
    Not necessarily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I feel myself)
    Not necessarily
    Please explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    motivational rant

Nice! Have you checked out the motivational society thread?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=60936003
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Not exactly quotes, but inspirational nonetheless!

Great! Have you seen the description for my society? It basically saus that I don't mind anything that's posted here, as long as it's inspirational
    (Original post by raniafern)
    An endless wait,
    The smallest speck of light holds the greatest hope
    Trust misplaced, truth displaced,
    Back to square one, struggling to cope
    :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  735893d6e1142038e671ceee2fe6732a.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  22.3 KB Attachment 565010565012
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.” - the Dalai Lama, when asked what surprises him the most...

ReputationRep:
    A very interesting read, I thought. I found the insight of this interview quite inspirational looking at what this singer has gone through and was hoping to achieve :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    SassKing13 have you read this before?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's right, you haven't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding, I bet you have read it before
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...n-9376991.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    A very interesting read, I thought. I found the insight of this interview quite inspirational looking at what this singer has gone through and was hoping to achieve :yep: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...n-9376991.html
    Yes I have, so
    :rofl:

I also found that quite inspirational and there's a book that I own -http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...Turquoise_Days - and it mentions Ian's childhood. He was quite shy and reclusive when he was younger, amazing to think what he became Definitely overcame it! I found this really inspirational and quite relatable actually I really respect him

I have the author of this book as a friend on Facebook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Yes I have, so

I also found that quite inspirational and there's a book that I own -http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...Turquoise_Days - and it mentions Ian's childhood. He was quite shy and reclusive when he was younger, amazing to think what he became Definitely overcame it! I found this really inspirational and quite relatable actually I really respect him

I have the author of this book as a friend on Facebook!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Using spoilers allows me to use multiple lines! :ahee: I think...
    THAT BOOK! It looks amazing. Oh wow, you never would have thought! Well, I didn't anyway Haha, he definitely overcame it :yep: That's great for him! Aww, yeah I do too, and a lot more after reading that :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo! You do not :eek: Another Chris?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Using spoilers allows me to use multiple lines! :ahee: I think...
    THAT BOOK! It looks amazing. Oh wow, you never would have thought! Well, I didn't anyway Haha, he definitely overcame it :yep: That's great for him! Aww, yeah I do too, and a lot more after reading that :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo! You do not :eek: Another Chris?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PRAISE MCCULLOCH
    Well no, I didn't until I read it He was very self-conscious as a child. Haha I read that the actual reason that he used to wear a long overcoat was so that it sort of hid the way he walked He was self-conscious about that. Yes he did! That's quite admirable
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yessssssssssssss Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PRAISE MCCULLOCH
    Well no, I didn't until I read it He was very self-conscious as a child. Haha I read that the actual reason that he used to wear a long overcoat was so that it sort of hid the way he walked He was self-conscious about that. Yes he did! That's quite admirable
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yessssssssssssss Indeed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :adore:
    Ohh haha Oh I see. That is a cool fact! I'd actually want a coat like that and have done for a long time actually but I don't think it would suit me (:lol:) Yes, very admirable :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, no, no! SassKing, I feel like telling you to shut up but that's mean :erm: noooooo, you can't possibly! My mind is just going through a cycle of the 5 w's + how :rofl:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.