Imagine not having Zayn as your pic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Did you see the fight at HT?
    Yeah, there was a bit at FT aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same result as last year. Take the lead, make unnecessary defensive subs and invite pressure, concede late equaliser. Arteta is such a loser man, the guy literally drags around a layer of loserness with him everywhere he goes. Chamberlain is so brainless, 3 on 2 and he runs into his first man, honestly can't be fu*ked with him anymore. When you take Ozil and Walcott off you kill any chance of scoring from a counter. Can't disagree with Chambo coming on as we need him, shame he's playing like this.

Positives are Campbell and Giroud, especially the former who was outstanding IMO. His rise is more exponential than Coquelin's. Also, despite the late equaliser, very pleasing to see us come back not once but twice, great responses from the team at a difficult away ground which we rarely see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Same result as last year. Take the lead, make unnecessary defensive subs and invite pressure, concede late equaliser. Arteta is such a loser man, the guy literally drags around a layer of loserness with him everywhere he goes. Chamberlain is so brainless, 3 on 2 and he runs into his first man, honestly can't be fu*ked with him anymore. When you take Ozil and Walcott off you kill any chance of scoring from a counter. Can't disagree with Chambo coming on as we need him, shame he's playing like this.

Positives are Campbell and Giroud, especially the former who was outstanding IMO. His rise is more exponential than Coquelin's. Also, despite the late equaliser, very pleasing to see us come back not once but twice, great responses from the team at a difficult away ground which we rarely see.
    Good post. Agree about Campbell and I'm delighted that we now have a decent attacking back up to when Sanchez returns. When that happens it means we can easily sub Campbell on instead of Ox later in the game and we should be fine. If Cazorla returns to CM and Ramsey returns to RM then we've also got Walcott as backup too.
    I really wish we'd sell Ox. Injury prone and has nothing to his name. I'd rather a different prospect we could nurture like Gnabry, or even a new talent. Really think we should go for Coman at Bayern ; kid is an upgrade, should be ok with not starting every single game either, only 19! so huge scope for improvement.. Hefty price tag though but if we want to show intent we should sign him, along with a back up DM and centre back. Don't really need any new attackers if we get Coman either.

The best part about our recent results though is that we've missed Coquelin and Sanchez and still carried our selves to the top. Just imagine our form with those two back. Flamini looks like he has a year left in the tank to be backup but Arteta is 3 years past expiry date.

I'm also glad that people have finally opened their eyes and realise just how **** Oxlade is though. When he comes on we're down to 10 men.

ReputationRep:
    Was working so didnt see the same. Honestly if you don't win the league given the length of Kompany's injury and how important he is to them then you don't deserve to win it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Elneny confirmed

Welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Good post. Agree about Campbell and I'm delighted that we now have a decent attacking back up to when Sanchez returns. When that happens it means we can easily sub Campbell on instead of Ox later in the game and we should be fine. If Cazorla returns to CM and Ramsey returns to RM then we've also got Walcott as backup too.
    I really wish we'd sell Ox. Injury prone and has nothing to his name. I'd rather a different prospect we could nurture like Gnabry, or even a new talent. Really think we should go for Coman at Bayern ; kid is an upgrade, should be ok with not starting every single game either, only 19! so huge scope for improvement.. Hefty price tag though but if we want to show intent we should sign him, along with a back up DM and centre back. Don't really need any new attackers if we get Coman either.

The best part about our recent results though is that we've missed Coquelin and Sanchez and still carried our selves to the top. Just imagine our form with those two back. Flamini looks like he has a year left in the tank to be backup but Arteta is 3 years past expiry date.

I'm also glad that people have finally opened their eyes and realise just how **** Oxlade is though. When he comes on we're down to 10 men.
    Agreed. Chambo did more harm than good today and his performances are beginning to get really frustrating. I'd like to think that when Sanchez comes back it's Walcott who gets relegated to the bench, he hasn't been performing as he should be and there is absolutely no reason to drop Campbell when he's on such fine form.

Good shout about Coman too although I don't think Bayern will let go of him so easily. Also have it on good authority () that Elneny is our only signing this window, unfortunately. Welbeck should be in light training though this week and there's a small chance Alexis will make the squad for Stoke, although Wenger has decided to be very cautious regarding Alexis. If the injured players come back quickly then we should have enough to sustain a title challenge towards the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Was working so didnt see the same. Honestly if you don't win the league given the length of Kompany's injury and how important he is to them then you don't deserve to win it at all.
    cheers Jeff

ReputationRep:
    Just realised we have our two biggest bogey fixtures next. I haven't missed an Arsenal game in about 5 years and I genuinely can't remember the last team we beat Stoke away from home. At least 4 points needed.

ReputationRep:
    Arteta and Ox cost us the game, was it? Good thing then that we won't need to rely on them after today (unless the injury list mounts yet again)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I thought you looked tired tonight, I've got to be honest. I think it's two points dropped for both sides, in a weird way. We conceded some crazy goals - thanks Mignolet - and shot ourselves in the foot, but you failed to defend for that dying moment and we duly nicked that equaliser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Best keeper, best defence and the attack is coming together as we saw yesterday. The league is ours tbh
    Not sure about your attack "coming together".

And the problem is, even if it is coming together, it comes at the price of sacrificing your defence.

ReputationRep:
    Thought we should have brought Gabriel on instead of Arteta tbh. Would he have defended their last goal better? Maybe. We move on to Sunday nonetheless. Still top of the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see once the red mist faded we've not gone into meltdown. Easy to throw a hissy fit after drawing late on like that but putting things into perspective it was a very good performance. To come back so quickly from going behind twice is good to see.
    I wouldn't even drop Campbell once Sanchez is back, for me he has done more to deserve to keep his starting spot that Walcott has.
    Thought Ozil was poor yesterday, struggled to create but having said that some of the hold up play and first touches he did were outrageously good. Should have been taken off with 20 to go tbf.
    Feel bad for Ox tbh, get the feeling he's trying too hard. Campbell often holds onto the ball too long as well, but when he does he drags back from the defender and assesses the situation before making a good pass (e.g. the in the build up to the Giroud howler), not run into defenders time and time again. The sad fact is Ox isn't a starter but he isn't a good player to come on with 20 to go when we're leading by a goal and under pressure because his counter attacking play isn't even nearly there yet.
    Should Cazorla really be coming back in the squad at cm once he returns from injury? He's had far too many 6/10 performances this season and Ramsey puts in an 8/10 shift pretty much every game.
    Once everyone is back (bar coq and wilsh and assuming el nenny signs) I would personally start:
    Cech
    Bell kosc mert monr
    Flam/El Nenny Rambo
    Campbell Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

Depending on how well el nenny fits in. If we're winning bring on gibbo nenny/flam walcott if losing santi, walcott

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll be unchanged for Stoke. Bench: Macey Gibbs Gabriel Chambers Elneny Rosicky Sanchez (or Ox)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Frustrates me that Benteke doesn't occupy the same spaces as Giroud. If he learned to, positionally, he'd be a better player and much more threatening.

We see him peel off, hover back and look for bizarre passes from the likes of Ibe. Passes which our midfielders - and the majority of midfielders across the world - simply aren't capable of.

ReputationRep:
    So what did Arsenal fans think of Henderson's performance last night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    Always peak when all your team can do is delay the inevitable and not prevent
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Another Ramsey goal, another celebrity death. This needs to stop.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.